Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa lounge at Newark [EWR] [closed till mid 2024]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2021, 1:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
When EWR is running normal that section is horridly overcrowded. EK and DY, all the *A (LO/TP/SQ/SK/LH/OS etc) make for a lot of pax passing thru a very limited space.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 4:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Originally Posted by NYC1
The LH lounge at EWR was never anything to write home about. Whether C, SEN or the “reserved” tables for F/HON. Suggest you minimize your time before the flight at the airport. Bonus points: the portion of the terminal where LH leaves from is also depressing/embarrassing for the US.
Well considering I've been both before and now during covid it's a light year's difference (even if "it's was never anything to write home about") I had a 21 hour delay some time was certainly spent in the lounge even though I was trying to avoid it knowing that there was already reported limited service.

I also found an empty corner in the airport to watch some 22R takeoffs which was better than the lounge but I did walk in for some cold water.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by theboss7593
Well considering I've been both before and now during covid it's a light year's difference (even if "it's was never anything to write home about") I had a 21 hour delay some time was certainly spent in the lounge even though I was trying to avoid it knowing that there was already reported limited service.

I also found an empty corner in the airport to watch some 22R takeoffs which was better than the lounge but I did walk in for some cold water.
You spent 21+ hours at terminal B?!
Kleffen likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 9:25 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Well these reports are even worse than expected! What a shame.
seanp7 likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Originally Posted by NYC1
You spent 21+ hours at terminal B?!
No EWR is my home base so I went back home, but I certainly spend a few unwanted hours in the lounge with a trip outside the lounge for a large iced coffee. (none of the fancy stuff I like black coffee over ice, no milk no sugar.) It was obvious as day the crew would time out but the OPS communication with the new LH Lounge agent prolonged the inevitable. Am super busy but will post a full report once back stateside.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Latest report from the EWR Lounge:

Some notes:
- The partition between the SEN and J Lounges are open, both sides have the same offerings.
- No dedicated seating for HON members ( IAD had a dedicated area during my previous visit )
- Only beverage option was water. Fountain drink and coffee machines were closed.
- The only food available at the lounge are pre-packaged snacks.
- Printer out of service due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- No written literature available.

hugolover and iluvdoco like this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks really good, with the refreshments, food and amenities you’d need before a long haul flight. Well done Carsten.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 6:56 pm

Can I bring my own food in there? Probably won't have time to go to the UA club (which seems like a great improvement over this).
BTW, the one at IAD seems to have a somewhat acceptable selection of food. I wonder what happened at EWR.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by tr3k
Can I bring my own food in there? Probably won't have time to go to the UA club (which seems like a great improvement over this).
BTW, the one at IAD seems to have a somewhat acceptable selection of food. I wonder what happened at EWR.
I didn't notice anyone brining outside food inside the lounge so I can't comment.
There isn't much to eat in Terminal B Concourse 3 in EWR thus if you need to have proper food, I would suggest you to eat beforehand or wait until the flight.

Also a difference from IAD would be that TATL in EWR is almost monopolized; AF/KL/VS and BA doesn't fly there at the moment thus LH/LX/UA doesn't have much competitors unless we count EK/ET/TK, etc... for Middle East, Africa connecting passengers.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I didn't notice anyone brining outside food inside the lounge so I can't comment.
There isn't much to eat in Terminal B Concourse 3 in EWR thus if you need to have proper food, I would suggest you to eat beforehand or wait until the flight.
We are flying LX, and while there will be dinner (and in the past LX food was very good), it's just really late - need something beforehand.

I was planning to buy food outside and take it into the terminal. Lounge would at least provide a slightly more comfortable place to sit - terminal B otherwise is about as dreary as an old Greyhound station.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by tr3k
We are flying LX, and while there will be dinner (and in the past LX food was very good), it's just really late - need something beforehand.

I was planning to buy food outside and take it into the terminal. Lounge would at least provide a slightly more comfortable place to sit - terminal B otherwise is about as dreary as an old Greyhound station.
You can I saw people bringing pizza and beer in with no issues, someone else eating their own pre made sandwich and I brought in a coffee after asking the lounge attendant if it was okay.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 8:37 pm

What a disgraceful showing.
seanp7 likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 9:01 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
There is a place called StrEAT in Terminal B which sells a hummus sampler, chicken caesar wraps and snacks like that + wine/mixed drinks/beer. It wasn't amazing, but I was able to just purchase something there and avoid the LH Lounge misery. Just an option if you don't want to cart a meal through security.

Turn up for your flight at EWR Terminal B as late as possible (factoring in security can be a zoo, if you have priority check-in, test verification, etc). It's really bad right now. I never thought the United Club's would be preferred, but at least they have booze and some improved pre-packaged options (greek salad, pasta, etc) these days. LH is just being incredibly cheap.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by seanp7
There is a place called StrEAT in Terminal B which sells a hummus sampler, chicken caesar wraps and snacks like that + wine/mixed drinks/beer. It wasn't amazing, but I was able to just purchase something there and avoid the LH Lounge misery. Just an option if you don't want to cart a meal through security.

Turn up for your flight at EWR Terminal B as late as possible (factoring in security can be a zoo, if you have priority check-in, test verification, etc). It's really bad right now. I never thought the United Club's would be preferred, but at least they have booze and some improved pre-packaged options (greek salad, pasta, etc) these days. LH is just being incredibly cheap.
Yes but the issue is PreCheck is only available at one Metal Detector and it really is YMMV. For Example with me : One day 1 it wasn't in operation with heavy crowds and it became TSA lite with the rest of the once a year takes forever crowds and on Day 2 it was a full TSA pre leave everything in the bag but with no one in line. Go figure.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 11:04 pm

Flight at 10pm, boards 9:30pm, we get to the airport around 6pm. Will see if have the time for UA lounge. Double security makes it undesirable. Wish the shuttle was running.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.