Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa lounge at Newark [EWR] [closed till mid 2024]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2013, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Looks better than anything else I have seen at EWR!
Old Dec 31, 2013, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
This looks like a vast improvement over the UA and SAS clubs. As a *G this should provide a nice alternative when flying domestic (a la the LH lounge at IAD) vs. the crappy UCs that exist at EWR. Assuming it's relatively accessible even when flying domestic.

It's already listed on the Star Alliance Lounge finder for a *G on a domestic flight.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 10:09 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by N1003U
Compared to the lounge that LH had been using in EWR, I would call it a quite significant improvement.
Perhaps ... but still doesn't rank on the swank scale.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 1:13 pm

If I am flying UA from Terminals A or C, and I want to access as a *G, is my only option to go thru security at B, use lounge, exit security, take train to A/C, and go thru security again? Probably too much bother for me.

I know there is a post-security bus from A to C. Anything for B?
Old Dec 31, 2013, 3:05 pm
xox

Programs: UA ex-1k, now Gold bumped up from Silver
Originally Posted by BrownDwarf
If I am flying UA from Terminals A or C, and I want to access as a *G, is my only option to go thru security at B, use lounge, exit security, take train to A/C, and go thru security again? Probably too much bother for me.

I know there is a post-security bus from A to C. Anything for B?
No, yesterday we were told by TSA as we passed through security at B that we could take the bus back to A terminal and bypass security. But we later learned that the bus only drops people off at B but does not pick them up there.

But if we have time, we have been going through security twice to reach this lounge, which is much, much better than the United Club and better than the SwissAir lounge as well.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 4:46 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by xox
No, yesterday we were told by TSA as we passed through security at B that we could take the bus back to A terminal and bypass security. But we later learned that the bus only drops people off at B but does not pick them up there.

But if we have time, we have been going through security twice to reach this lounge, which is much, much better than the United Club and better than the SwissAir lounge as well.
United Club now charges for a Sam Adams beer, I found out day before yesterday!

United is cutting just like LH - our appetizer in BusinessFirst was only a vegetarian potato cake - instead of the shrimp they also offered as a non-veg option...

More push for us to fly OW - and doing just that this Jan - after attempting to fly one last LH r/t.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 6:08 am

Programs: Discretely with AA-G AFFB-C2 UA-EP LHLX-S HH-D
Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
Have you ever been to Newark?!
That is swanky, way swanky, in Newark!
Swanky, as in rwanke?
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
But do they have a separate F section w pre flight dining like JFK???

Good question. Anyone know? The F setup in JFK works well (not FCT or FCL but good).
Old Jun 5, 2014, 5:50 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
It seems getting to the LH EWR lounge is effortless with a UA flight that departs from C:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22970354-post7.html
Old Jun 5, 2014, 6:54 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond

A few pictures from my last visit in February. Was able to access the lounge with my SAS C boarding pass printed on United paper stock. No need to present a card which I found fairly interesting, but I guess SAS and LH have interlined their systems as I've never been asked to present a card at a SAS or LH lounge.

Quite a pleasant lounge, much nicer than the crowded and worn down SAS Lounge next door. Also Champagne Taittinger is served. Of course nobody knew it was available, and shortly after I sat down with my glass I notice everyone in the lounge is holding one as well.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NYC1
Good question. Anyone know? The F setup in JFK works well (not FCT or FCL but good).
The missus and I were denied "reserved" seats despite being in F before EWR-FRA (front desk said they were held for MUC pax)

If you have the choice, definitely do JFK. EWR lounge is nice but is small.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 5:46 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Here are some pictures from a March visit.

SEN Lounge:

Business Lounge:

SAS Lounge:

Old Jun 13, 2014, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
SAS vs LH lounge at EWR

So I am flying SAS and checked out their lounge. Nice, no hot food, limited cold selections. Certainly way better than the ratty UC's I usually have to frequent.

LH lounge is much better; hot foods (2 soup choices plus other hot items), more cold selections. As *Gold, I was able to access either one. And LH lounge lizard did not give me any pause.

If you have the choice, go LH SEN.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 6:20 pm

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
The lounge is pretty nice and definitely an improvement compared to the old SEN lounge.
Anyhow, in case I have the choice btw JFK and EWR, I rather prefer the JFK lounge.

Btw: Saw Carsten Spohr last week at the EWR lounge - the staff was pretty busy in providing him info and insights.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 3:43 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Does anyone know if the SAS lounge has a shower room? Also, is there a dedicated area/dining menu for LH F passengers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.