Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa lounge at Newark [EWR] [closed till mid 2024]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2015, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
Does anyone know if the SAS lounge has a shower room? Also, is there a dedicated area/dining menu for LH F passengers?
I don't know about showers in the SAS lounge but the LH lounge in EWR does not have a dedicated F area/service (like at JFK)---too bad...
Old Oct 5, 2015, 6:22 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Confirmed no shower here. The tiny bathroom has two stalls and one urinal. Boarding announcements made outside can barely be heard in the lounge.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 7:51 am
formerly gantid

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Platinum, Marriott Platinum elite, *G, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
It seems getting to the LH EWR lounge is effortless with a UA flight that departs from C:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22970354-post7.html
It would be very helpful if you can elaborate a little. I have a UA flight out of EWR-BOM from Terminal C, but I would rather spend my time @ LH-Sen lounge (I have access to Senator lounge) and not UA Club, will I be able to do that @ EWR?

thanks
Old Mar 2, 2016, 5:45 am

Programs: LH SEN, QR Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5-star
Flying UA to PTY as *G. Would I have acces to the LH lounge or SAS lounge?
Old Mar 2, 2016, 5:51 am

I don't think UA departs from the same terminal? If they do, you'd have access to both.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 6:50 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You can talk your way into the EWR B concourse in order to go to the LH and SK lounges. The airside xfer bus also sometimes allows you to go over the from C. But not really worth the hassle.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
The missus and I were denied "reserved" seats despite being in F before EWR-FRA (front desk said they were held for MUC pax)

If you have the choice, definitely do JFK. EWR lounge is nice but is small.
Just to emphasize this, last week going to FRA, there is a cordoned off section in the EWR SEN section of the lounge with "reserved" signs on the tables and the red roses that you'll find in F. The attendant told me that for the FRA flight there is no special service but that for DUS and MUC they serve dinner at the table (for F). The lounge is small and cramped to begin with and the cordoned off area is tight. Nothing to get excited about for sure and a real shame that with 2 to 3 flights a day they don't have something better for F. C'est la vie.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 9:00 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Originally Posted by NYC1
Just to emphasize this, last week going to FRA, there is a cordoned off section in the EWR SEN section of the lounge with "reserved" signs on the tables and the red roses that you'll find in F. The attendant told me that for the FRA flight there is no special service but that for DUS and MUC they serve dinner at the table (for F). The lounge is small and cramped to begin with and the cordoned off area is tight. Nothing to get excited about for sure and a real shame that with 2 to 3 flights a day they don't have something better for F. C'est la vie.
This seperation makes the lounge even smaller for the rest. It is also not allowed for Swiss F class. According to the ground staff "a special arrangement between LH and the lounge" that only for MUC and DUS flight. LH Group still has a long way to go to think and act as ONE group towards the customer.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA, AA, HH
EWR LH Lounge is full

This is my fourth visit this year to the LH lounge in EWR. To begin with, it is a small lounge and it has been packed all the time I've been there. Today they were sending pax to the SAS lounge opposite, but that was packed too. Is this how this lounge always is?
Old Mar 16, 2016, 4:49 pm

Is this the SEN section of the lounge or the general section? The SEN section is usually cramped but I've never been told it's full and to go elsewhere (but they may manage the numbers better in anticipation of HON/F guests).
Old Mar 17, 2016, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by acader
Is this how this lounge always is?
Yes... both the LH and the SK lounge are always very crowded about 2 hours before the evening departures according to my experience. When you walk out you will see at least the three SK birds, one LH bird and one OS bird getting ready for departure in the next few hours. Assuming a generous 15% people having lounge access, we are still talking of up to 200 pax for two small lounges.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 4:34 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold
Unless I go waaaay back in my memory (when SQ was still flying EWR AMS SIN), the combined SK/LH/Austria lounge space in EWR has been and still is insufficient. Not much space left to expand on that concourse, either, so I can't really blame LH nor SK. Heck, I am quite happy that there three lounges to choose from (LH business / Senator and SK).
Old Mar 18, 2016, 6:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Small room, big plane, lots of cardholders = full lounge. Not really news.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
There is a small HON and F section with a total of 13 seats.
It was packed last week too.
My suggestion would be to kick out star golds...
Old Mar 18, 2016, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Rambuster
There is a small HON and F section with a total of 13 seats.
It was packed last week too.
My suggestion would be to kick out star golds...
Yes, it's not much of a "section" either and really only meant to sit down for the eating part (which isn't great either). Not really comfortable and cramped. I try to use JFK as much as I can but some times the schedule dictates EWR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.