Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa lounge at Newark [EWR] [closed till mid 2024]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2016, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Small room, big plane, lots of cardholders = full lounge. Not really news.
+1

I haven't been to the EWR lounge, but last time I was in IAD LH and SA were operating around the same time and it was packed in there.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Rambuster
My suggestion would be to kick out star golds...
That was the solution in BOS when they only had closet space available.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
EWR: LH Business *A lounge.

Hello. Passenger flying UA, with first segment being domestic in Y on an international itinerary. *A gold 1K. Does *A gold grant LH Business lounge access in EWR?
He is aware that LH lounge is located in Terminal B, and that the UA domestic flight leaves from Terminal C. Thanks.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:42 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cagcag
Hello. Passenger flying UA, with first segment being domestic in Y on an international itinerary. *A gold 1K. Does *A gold grant LH Business lounge access in EWR?
He is aware that LH lounge is located in Terminal B, and that the UA domestic flight leaves from Terminal C. Thanks.
A *G departing on a *A flight can access the LH Senator Lounge as well as the LH Business Lounge regardless of the class of travel or destination as long as he can physically get to the lounge.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 3:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Same question asked a few hours earlier EWR Lounges
Old Jul 5, 2021, 7:16 am

any update on EWR Sen Lounge?

Dear FlyerTalkers,

I see that priority pass added the Lufthansa business lounge at EWR, and the reviews are that currently the offerings are pretty spartan. Any data points on the Senator side of the lounge? It is serving real food / beverages, or is that side just as limited?

Thank you,
BJFly
Old Jul 5, 2021, 7:46 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
JFK has started with better offerings, one would assume EWR has the same now.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 9:40 pm

Nothing yet at EWR lounge

Originally Posted by oliver2002
JFK has started with better offerings, one would assume EWR has the same now.
well, I checked it out. Nothing on offer. Complete waste of time other than better seating than the gate area.
hugolover likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Does anyone know what the current status is of the Lufthansa Lounge at EWR? I'm hoping to book an F award ticket EWR-FRA next month once LH resumes the 748 on the route and I'm curious what the lounge situation is. And by the way, other than reserved tables at the Senator Lounge, does LH have any special ground/lounge services for F/HON at EWR? It's a shame JFK is not resuming until 9/1, I flew LH F out of JFK once and the lounge facility there was incredible.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by CappuccinoAddict
Does anyone know what the current status is of the Lufthansa Lounge at EWR? I'm hoping to book an F award ticket EWR-FRA next month once LH resumes the 748 on the route and I'm curious what the lounge situation is. And by the way, other than reserved tables at the Senator Lounge, does LH have any special ground/lounge services for F/HON at EWR? It's a shame JFK is not resuming until 9/1, I flew LH F out of JFK once and the lounge facility there was incredible.
I'll be passing through EWR this month and would report my experiences here.
Although my schedule is also subject to change.
CappuccinoAddict likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 4:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Originally Posted by CappuccinoAddict
Per some reports last week things were super super slim on both the SEN and regular side. I will also travel thru the EWR LH lounge before the end of the month so I will report back.

Even when EWR was full swing Pre-Covid you were still better off at the Polaris Lounge than SEN and taking the direct shuttle bus over to the B gates.

JFK wining and dining though is number one between the 3. If I was you if FRA isn't your destination use the same amount of miles and fly F with EK from JFK.
CappuccinoAddict likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 8:11 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by theboss7593
Per some reports last week things were super super slim on both the SEN and regular side. I will also travel thru the EWR LH lounge before the end of the month so I will report back.

Even when EWR was full swing Pre-Covid you were still better off at the Polaris Lounge than SEN and taking the direct shuttle bus over to the B gates.

JFK wining and dining though is number one between the 3. If I was you if FRA isn't your destination use the same amount of miles and fly F with EK from JFK.
Looking forward to the reports! I agree about the Polaris Lounge being the best option at EWR--if that were open I'd absolutely go there rather than the SEN Lounge. I actually already have an EK F ticket for my return, MXP-JFK. My outbound ticket is currently booked as a J award on LX (out of JFK, where I'd use the excellent Centurion Lounge in JFK Terminal 4), but I plan to switch to LH F if it opens since it's been way too long since I've been on a 747. But if not, I'll stick with LX J over LH J.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
EWR Lounge Update

As others have posted (and usually I find some flyertalk comments to be dramatic but this is no joke).

Bottled Water and Potato Chips. That's it. No coffee, soda beer other food, NADA. At first you think maybe it's covid related, nope you can buy a beer coffee and pizza outside the lounge in the food area and bring it in no problem at all.

The coffee machines even have beans in them but they are not allowed for use.

Beyond serious cost cutting.

Two of the lounge agents are new transfers from small out station star alliance airports so in terms of IRROPS they unfortunately were useless (but pleasant and friendly). I had asked if they could ask ops when the crew would time out (as the crew of course did end up timing out) but they had no idea what the OS duty day limits were. More to post in another thread about the disaster that OS ops are for IRROPS. I am not one to complain but this was 1975 style come back tomorrow with the same ticket we have no idea what time tomorrow the plane will take off.
hugolover likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by theboss7593
Bottled Water and Potato Chips. That's it.
There's also Cheese Goldfish and Oreos, if you're lucky. It's a heck of a depressing place; feels like a hospital waiting room.
Skip the lounge and grab a drink at the cafe or bar in the gate area. Overpriced but better than the lounge.

I'm hoping the 748i next month helps the lounge situation. We'll see.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 5:47 pm

The LH lounge at EWR was never anything to write home about. Whether C, SEN or the “reserved” tables for F/HON. Suggest you minimize your time before the flight at the airport. Bonus points: the portion of the terminal where LH leaves from is also depressing/embarrassing for the US.
seanp7 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.