Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa lounge at Newark [EWR] [closed till mid 2024]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2021, 9:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
I was there last night as well, but the coffee machine was definitely in service! The twitter post is spot on. Still no alcohol, the friendly agent at the front told us SAS had alcohol across the hall and we could go in and out. The food offerings in the SK lounge were non-existent in comparison.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by stevie0716
I was there last night as well, but the coffee machine was definitely in service! The twitter post is spot on. Still no alcohol, the friendly agent at the front told us SAS had alcohol across the hall and we could go in and out. The food offerings in the SK lounge were non-existent in comparison.
The SK lounge food options weren't great before COVID either.
stevie0716 likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 8:59 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by oliver2002
About what I saw at the IAD SEN last week too.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 5:15 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Just an update of the EWR lounge situation as of today. The United Polaris lounge is open (and accepts *A first and business class ticket holders). TSA Pre security in United's C terminal was a breeze - only four people in line. And that on the day before Thanksgiving. I was very positively surprised! The lounge is not at its full potential - but its open, has all kinds of alcohol and therefore way ahead of the LH lounge, I assume (will check that later today). See the sit down dinner menu attached. Dinner is served until 8pm.
And the shuttle to terminal B3 (LH, LX, SK etc) is operating again, so no additional security check.
Just one more fact: I am flying Swiss and had two boarding passes for the same flight: one from Swiss and one from LH. The LH one did not work with the TSA document check, the Swiss one did.
Have safe travels
Primenumber
Attached Images
gojko88 likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 6:36 pm

Programs: LH SEN
And part two of the update: LH lounge in EWR is still underwhelming. No booze, even very limited non-alcoholic drinks, paper plates and plastic knives, mediocre food.
And the lounge dragons don't trust LH's own COVID travel check system: I had uploaded all documents and received the all clear - then checked in online and got full boarding passes. However, here in the lounge they wanted to see all again - vaccination and entry documents. Then I got a paper boarding pass with a green dot on it. Well...
So with the shuttle running and Polaris open that looks like the best lounge strategy - if you actually fly first or business.
Have safe travels
Primenumber
Old Dec 2, 2021, 4:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Plat
Originally Posted by romans
yes, I was there last week and really surprised! Also hot meal & soup there only booze is still missing because they are waiting for license but probably already have sorted.
Lufthansa Business Lounge at EWR
As of 11/19/21 visit, lounge felt virtually completely normal in its offerings and operations other than no booze and obviously folks wearing masks if not eating.

Last edited by patriotPHL1; Dec 2, 2021 at 4:51 pm Reason: Specify Lounge
Old Dec 28, 2021, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by patriotPHL1
Lufthansa Business Lounge at EWR
As of 11/19/21 visit, lounge felt virtually completely normal in its offerings and operations other than no booze and obviously folks wearing masks if not eating.
Is the SAS lounge serving self-serve alcohol still? Does it have any food? Will be on Austrian, but trying to decide which lounge to visit.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is the SAS lounge serving self-serve alcohol still? Does it have any food? Will be on Austrian, but trying to decide which lounge to visit.
if you travel C with OS go to Polaris and take the United shuttle bus between the terminals, I think this will be the best. I plan to do this in one week at EWR.
SkyTeam777 and romans like this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by FeWi
if you travel C with OS go to Polaris and take the United shuttle bus between the terminals, I think this will be the best. I plan to do this in one week at EWR.
can you even do this?
Old Dec 29, 2021, 3:47 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by romans
can you even do this?
We/OP will know in a week…
romans and FeWi like this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by MichielR
We/OP will know in a week…
challenge accepted, will report back ;-) 💣 maybe I’ll need to ride from terminal to terminal clinging to the outside of the bus Tom Cruise style…
MichielR and romans like this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 4:43 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by FeWi
challenge accepted, will report back ;-) 💣 maybe I’ll need to ride from terminal to terminal clinging to the outside of the bus Tom Cruise style…
Just be careful :-)

FeWi likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 2:40 am

Programs: BA, United
Was there yesterday in business lounge. Packed out. Food offerings ok ish but limited. No alcohol which is pretty shameful for any lounge anywhere. Not too impressed.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 11:53 am

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
we came in on LH to EWR on Christmas eve, the night of the 3000 flight cancel massacre. I can attest that the Polaris lounge at EWR has the following.

1- inept front facing personnel. Nancy O on the name tag took 30 minutes to work through the QR codes on our paper boarding passes. Then we had to scan in our App QR codes finally to get in. She had trouble understanding that LH J, *A gold passengers were allowed in Polaris.

2- Once we got in, it was underwhelming compared to a OW FL, or BA J/F lounge, or a Sakura for JL.

3- But it was Newark, so not unexpected.

4- EU lounges in FRA, MUC, and PRG were actually on par or better.

5- YMMV
romans likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by boerne
we came in on LH to EWR on Christmas eve, the night of the 3000 flight cancel massacre. I can attest that the Polaris lounge at EWR has the following.

1- inept front facing personnel. Nancy O on the name tag took 30 minutes to work through the QR codes on our paper boarding passes. Then we had to scan in our App QR codes finally to get in. She had trouble understanding that LH J, *A gold passengers were allowed in Polaris.
not sure name shaming helps but anyway. As far as I know only outgoing *A premium cabin is eligible for access and gold itself with domestic alone won’t give access?

https://www.uponarriving.com/united-club-access/

Last edited by FeWi; Dec 31, 2021 at 12:06 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.