Covid 19: Lufthansa lounges reopening/status

IS this open? Any info. Thanks.
y3d likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: MVPGold 75K
thank you
Old Apr 27, 2020, 1:59 pm

The only *A lounge in the main terminal is LH. It is divided into a business and senator sections although as far as I can see anyone can enter the senator bit as it is often freely open and, if not, just follow another passenger who scans their boarding card. There is not a great deal of difference and I often look at the food offering of both and then decide where to eat. I have only ever gone through fairly early in the morning so I cannot comment on any differences in booze which, at that time of day, I am not very interested in!

There are three other *A lounges in the satellite terminal. Air Canada, Singapore and United. Try them all if they are open. Lots of people seem to like the United Lounge and it has a great bar (with no view) and decent food. But the others have their attractions. Note that the travel time between the main and satellite terminals is lengthy so make sure you have plenty to spare if you go sampling the lounges.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 2:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I'm fairly certain they are all closed.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MVPGold 75K
What do you guys think, will this open by June 6th
Old Apr 28, 2020, 12:38 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by felicidad76
Probably not
Old Apr 28, 2020, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by felicidad76
That date is more than 1 month away. A lot can happen until then and I don't think anyone here will be able to provide you an informed guess with better odds than a coin flip.

This said, I expect premium work travel to be the primary business driver when airline routes resume. Thus, I also anticipate airline lounges to start operating soon after we reach some sort of normality.
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 6:31 am

Programs: UA 1k
LH lounges reopening

Hope someone knows this: I have a US bound flight from FRA next week and I'm Star Alliance Gold.. According to https://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/lounge-news there seems to be one lounge open in Concourse A. US is likely to depart from Concourse Z which is right on top of it, but outside the Schengen area. Can I visit the lounge in A and is there a way to get from A to Z without having to do security again (just passport control) ?

Thanks for any pointers
Old Jun 29, 2020, 6:46 am

You can go between A and Z and vice versa without going through security again (only passport control). Just follow the signs to A (or Z).
Old Jul 12, 2020, 1:19 am

Yesterday Saturday in Frankfurt only the A SEN Lounge was open until 11am and after that the A Business Class Lounge opened as well plus the A Westwing Lounge above Panorama Lounge. Panorama Lounge stayed closed.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 8:31 am

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Silver, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
You may not want to bother. When I was there two weeks ago the showers were closed, food was limited to pretzels and the only beer was alcohol free. It was quite crowded. They had a few seats turned around the wrong way but otherwise I'd say 90% of the seats were taken.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 9:35 am

These lounges weren’t anything to get excited about before corona so imagine now...
Old Jul 12, 2020, 2:03 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
FWIW the Senator lounge in B is open (B45 I think). It was significantly less crowded than the Senator lounge near the A gates.

And yes, absolutely nothing to write home about in terms of food offerings. I'm somewhat puzzled that restaurants have found a way to operate in the airport but the lounges still can't seem to get their act together.

Honestly at this point I'd just eat the McDs in the Z intercontinental pier. All of the food I've eaten outside the FCLs/FCT never really outperformed a hot order of french fries and chicken nuggets.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 3:25 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
I was in the lounge last week in FRA and it was terrible, I had to go to a restaurant to get some food. They had 2 terrible sandwich options that basically had nothing in them, most people were just drinking beer (is that considered food in Germany?).

The Aspire Lounge in ZRH was far superior to LH's offerings.

It's a shame, because usually LH has quite decent catering in it's lounges and the Business Class offering on board is pretty much normal!
Old Jul 13, 2020, 7:22 am

Have anyone of You have feedback on food at LHR T2 senator section?
im.flying next week afternoon and would like to know what I can get where now....

Any pic?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.