Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rules for Involuntary & long-term Schedule Changes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2021, 9:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I read through it a couple of days ago but i cant see any big changes that will impact us, apart from slightly less waivers needed
Old Sep 22, 2021, 1:57 am

Cancelled flight options

I had a booking on LH from LHR to AKL via ZRH and HKG. My LHR to ZRH booking was cancelled (arrive 17 Dec)

I would like to hold the ticket to use sometime next year when NZ is more open (option 2). However the agent said I have to rebook for within 3 days of my original arrival or pay the fare difference for a flight next year.

Has anyone else experienced this? My understanding was that invol rebookings had a FOC change without fare difference, not limited to just a 3-day window?
Old Sep 22, 2021, 5:21 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You are entitled to one free change: (read the linked pdf above)

Currently there is no time limit for the one time free of charge rebooking as long as the ticket is reissued within the original ticket validity
Old Sep 22, 2021, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
You are entitled to one free change: (read the linked pdf above)
Thanks - It appears the agent thought the +/- 3 day rule was applicable (on page 5), but I don't think it is.

In terms of the ticket validity, It was issued in late January 2021. Does that mean I have to book a new date before January 22 or travel before January 22?
Old Sep 22, 2021, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They actually work on the rebooking to be done by one year from the outbound which is perhaps a lot longer than validity. I know that's conflicting information, but it's what they do.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
They actually work on the rebooking to be done by one year from the outbound which is perhaps a lot longer than validity. I know that's conflicting information, but it's what they do.
Interesting - but it's not in their official policy right, sort of based on which agent you get?
Old Sep 30, 2021, 4:47 am

Programs: LH SEN , United Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, IHG Gold
irreg - > rebooking of confirmed 'I' upgrade leg , eco or business?

needs your advice on the following:

flying eco: XXX - MUC - YYY (long haul) , YYY- ZZZ ; MUC-XXX leg upgrade confirmed already from H-> I using United PlusPoints
XXX-MUC canceled by LH (they want to rebook me to a very early flight, means 7+ hrs waiting to my long haul connection)

now, I'd like to fly 1 day earlier via FRA , FRA-YYY (long haul) and then continnue to ZZZ
would LH rebook me into business on this leg? or only if there is 'I' inventory?

what if there is another connection MUC/FRA /VIE/ZRH - ZZZ (to my destignation) , would I stand chance to fly in business ?

thank you for your hints
Old Sep 30, 2021, 4:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

The upgrade will be reversed, a new connection booked in the ticketed fare class (H) and then you can apply for an upgrade via UA again.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 5:05 am

Programs: LH SEN , United Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The upgrade will be reversed, a new connection booked in the ticketed fare class (H) and then you can apply for an upgrade via UA again.
thank you, understood
then, probably I'll swallow the 7hr wait, as on the flight I'm eying on, the business class may not be that empty (presently J6 C6 D0 Z0 P0) for the UA upgrades to clear and don't want to wait till the day before departure pushing my luck
Old Oct 3, 2021, 5:33 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Would appreciate some advice here. I have an LX ticket and have found that my outbound has been cancelled and the inbound changed by over 12 hours. Routing is AMS - ZRH - BKK. SQ have a flight out of AMS which would get me to BKK at a similar time to the cancelled LX flight. Is it possible that I can request a re-route AMS - SIN - BKK under EU261?
Old Oct 3, 2021, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Would appreciate some advice here. I have an LX ticket and have found that my outbound has been cancelled and the inbound changed by over 12 hours. Routing is AMS - ZRH - BKK. SQ have a flight out of AMS which would get me to BKK at a similar time to the cancelled LX flight. Is it possible that I can request a re-route AMS - SIN - BKK under EU261?
When are the flights?
Old Oct 4, 2021, 5:22 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by mmff
When are the flights?
Early Dec
Old Oct 4, 2021, 8:11 am

See the rules in the pdf posted upthread.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Forget it. LX will never accept to rebook like this for a flight this far out.

You can take a refund and book the SQ flights on your own.
mmff likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Forget it. LX will never accept to rebook like this for a flight this far out.

You can take a refund and book the SQ flights on your own.
Would be an option if there wasn't Euro 600 per ticket difference

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.