Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rules for Involuntary & long-term Schedule Changes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2024, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IRREG/IRROP for INVOL is a disruption- a delay or cancellation that is notified on the day of departure or the day before the affected flight, anything else is SKCHG.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 3:14 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by NUE_flyer
And it is not about if you think your connection "can no longer be reached", but what the MCT says. If the latter is still fulfilled, run and good luck!
Thanks for all the valuable information!

As for the point above: the email clearly states that I cannot reach my connecting flight. It's not my personal opinion. But I got curious: MCT is 35 minutes. Connection time is 30 minutes.

HTB.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It’s absolutely not 35 mins Japan to Schengen.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 5:07 am
htb

Originally Posted by hugolover
It’s absolutely not 35 mins Japan to Schengen.
Very helpful. Thank you for correcting the information I have found.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 5:26 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by htb
Very helpful. Thank you for correcting the information I have found.
35 minutes is domestic
JP to Schengen is 1:00
hugolover likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You’re welcome. It’s 1 hour.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 10:31 am
htb

Originally Posted by daumueller
35 minutes is domestic
JP to Schengen is 1:00
Originally Posted by hugolover
You’re welcome. It’s 1 hour.
That's strange. The original booking was arrival at 5:40 on LO80 and departure at 6:20 on LH1353. That's only 40 minutes, and that was apparently "legal", i.e. within MCT.

HTB.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 9:56 am
htb

Short update.
Yesterday I've used the link inside the mail to search for alternative flights and the Chatbot confirmed me on the direct evening NH flight HND-FRA. The Chatbot said "rebooking complete" and "I'm sorry, I wasn't able to process the booking -- please contact ANA".
Needless to say: no ticket was issued -- and calling ANA will not help either.
I've then called Lufthansa reservations. They confirmed that the ticket was sent to ticketing. However, even almost 24 hours later no ticket has been issued and no confirmation has been sent by mail (other than a notice by LOT referring to a change in my booking).
NH203 has replaced the earlier flights in my booking, and the booking is in a revenue booking class. However, without ticket number the reservation won't fly...
I will try to call again today.
Any comments / data points on situations similar to this?

Update: The lady at M&M said she will send the ticket to ticketing (so it wasn't sent before?) and this morning a ticket number was added in the app. No mail so far to confirm the rebooking. Good news: the new ticket is issued in C instead of I, so there is hope for a small bonus.

HTB.

Last edited by htb; Feb 29, 2024 at 11:41 pm Reason: Added conclusion.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 10:39 am

Programs: Miles & More FTL *S
I’ve used the free rebooking after a schedule change to get onto an earlier long haul on the same day. Original ticket was on LH metal and stock, changed also to a Lufthansa metal flight.

I can’t seem to book a paid upgrade though, only bidding works. Is this supposed to be like this?
Old Mar 5, 2024, 11:49 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Has the umderlying ticket been revalidated/reissued yet?
fabytm likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 12:04 am

I'm not sure, I can see a ticket number in Travel Details on the LH app, but I haven't received a confirmation email after choosing alternative flights. Is there any way I can check if the ticket has been reissued?
Old Mar 6, 2024, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
If the ticket No. is the same as the original ticket = ticket has not been reissued.
If you see a new ticket No. = ticket has been reissued.

It can take some time, even days for the ticket to be reissued by LH.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 12:38 am

Ticket number is not the same as in the original booking confirmation email, so it appears to have been reissued.
SK AAR likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 12:17 pm
htb

Originally Posted by fabytm
Ticket number is not the same as in the original booking confirmation email, so it appears to have been reissued.
You can download the new passenger receipt as well. Search for "lufthansa passenger receipt" and enter the new ticket number.

I also didn't receive a confirmation email. However, I could see that a ticket number appeared in the app after calling M&M -- after there was none for more than a day.

HTB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.