Rules for Involuntary & long-term Schedule Changes

Old Jul 23, 2019, 12:02 pm
  #106  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Posts: 14,185
Originally Posted by schrodingerdog
Hi all,

Today I got a notification about a schedule change in my booking (MAD-MUC-ADB). Basically the MUC-ADB flight has been moved back 30min, reducing the connection from 2h15min to 1h45min. In theory, that will be good news, because it means I arrive early to ADB and 1h45min is more than enough to transfer in MUC (I've used MUC before). What make me nervous is that there is only a MUC-ADB flight a day with LH and that is the last one of the day. And I don't want to lose a day of my precious holiday because of a delay.

It is worth a shot asking LH to be rebooked MAD-IST-ADB with TK (A* partner)? I know is a very long shot, but there is plenty of IST-ADB flights available even during the night, and why not, I will get a better service. Btw my ticket is paid business class (fare P).

Thanks in advance for the advice.
Obviously, 1h45min meets the MCT requirements so probably they won't accept your offer to rebook to TK.
Your logic is great but they wouldn't rebook expecting for IRROPS.
ISTFlyer is offline  
Old Jul 23, 2019, 12:07 pm
  #107  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,539
Also isnt the problem with your plan that Helga could route you on -IST (TK or Helga)-ADB (TK) if you misconnect in MUC.

Giving you some EU compo.
hugolover is offline  
Old Jul 23, 2019, 12:43 pm
  #108  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 406
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Obviously, 1h45min meets the MCT requirements so probably they won't accept your offer to rebook to TK.
Your logic is great but they wouldn't rebook expecting for IRROPS.
Originally Posted by hugolover
Also isnt the problem with your plan that Helga could route you on -IST (TK or Helga)-ADB (TK) if you misconnect in MUC.

Giving you some EU compo.
Yes, indeed, they can rebook MUC-IST-ADB. Or they can dump me in the SunExpress MUC-ADB and pay me the downgrade compo.

I'm gonna give it a go and contact Helga via twitter. I have nothing to lose and a lot to win so is worthy the try. I'll keep the post updated.
schrodingerdog is offline  
Old Jul 23, 2019, 2:04 pm
  #109  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Posts: 1,731
Originally Posted by hugolover
Also isnt the problem with your plan that Helga could route you on -IST (TK or Helga)-ADB (TK) if you misconnect in MUC.

Giving you some EU compo.
Helga has given MUC-IST the boot quite a while ago. So TK would be the only (*A) alternative from MUC.
cas_de is offline  
Old Jul 23, 2019, 2:07 pm
  #110  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,539
Originally Posted by cas_de
Helga has given MUC-IST the boot quite a while ago. So TK would be the only (*A) alternative from MUC.
Nonsense. She would happily treat the OP to a connection via her FRA hub
ISTFlyer likes this.
hugolover is offline  
Old Jul 23, 2019, 2:10 pm
  #111  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Posts: 1,731
Originally Posted by hugolover


Nonsense. She would happily treat the OP to a connection via her FRA hub
Why not opt for a routing via ICN, EZE and SVO while we're at it?
cas_de is offline  
Old Jul 23, 2019, 2:13 pm
  #112  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,539
Star Alliance only! Shes one of the founding members. And she loves Star. But you do raise a reasonable point; would Helga prefer to route a pax via EZE than offer a TK re-route?
hugolover is offline  
Old Jul 23, 2019, 2:20 pm
  #113  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 406
Originally Posted by cas_de
Why not opt for a routing via ICN, EZE and SVO while we're at it?
If they rebook me with QR via DOH I have no problems
schrodingerdog is offline  
Old Jul 23, 2019, 7:17 pm
  #114  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denmark
Programs: TK Elite
Posts: 11,734
Originally Posted by schrodingerdog

It is worth a shot asking LH to be rebooked MAD-IST-ADB with TK (A* partner)? I know is a very long shot, but there is plenty of IST-ADB flights available even during the night, and why not, I will get a better service. Btw my ticket is paid business class (fare P)
Sorry, but it would be a waste of your time. There is no way LH will allow you to be rebooked to TK just because your transfer time at MUC has been (slightly) reduced. You are still well within MCT so LH is not going to touch this booking - on the day of departure/in case of IRROPS it is completely different of course.
Often1 likes this.
SK AAR is offline  
Old Jul 24, 2019, 5:03 am
  #115  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MUC
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 48,067
Since the change is invol, you can call up and ask to be rerouted on LH/LX/OS. But except for MUC-ADB in the middle of the night there is no other option. So if you are really scared that you wont make the connection in MUC, you can ask for an earlier MAD-MUC flight. TK also nowadays flies to ADB from MUC in Summer, but that is in the late evening.
oliver2002 is offline  
Old Jul 27, 2019, 12:25 am
  #116  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 406
Sorry, I forgot to update.

As expected, no luck. But it was worth a try.
chris63 likes this.
schrodingerdog is offline  
Old Jul 28, 2019, 2:39 pm
  #117  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denmark
Programs: TK Elite
Posts: 11,734
Originally Posted by schrodingerdog
But it was worth a try.
Sorry, but no, it wasn't. It was beyond certain that you would receive a "No."
ISTFlyer likes this.
SK AAR is offline  
Old Jul 28, 2019, 3:05 pm
  #118  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DCA
Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Posts: 50,262
Originally Posted by schrodingerdog
Sorry, I forgot to update.

As expected, no luck. But it was worth a try.
Only worth a try if you don't value your time or mobile data!

You essentially asked for a fee-free voluntary ticket change to other carriers.
Often1 is offline  
Old Jul 29, 2019, 9:37 am
  #119  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 406
Originally Posted by schrodingerdog
Sorry, I forgot to update.

As expected, no luck. But it was worth a try.
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Sorry, but no, it wasn't. It was beyond certain that you would receive a "No."
I disagree.

Last time I sent a complaint to Lufthansa it was because my baggage took 45min to be delivered after 1h delay on the flight. I sent it because I was quite annoyed but I knew I was totally out of the scope of any EU261 compensation. Nevertheless I got 10000 miles for free.

So wasting 2 min in writing a short email is a worthy try. You never know if one of the flights is overbooked or for whatever reason they are interested in changing you.
schrodingerdog is offline  
Old Aug 20, 2021, 9:53 am
  #120  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MUC
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 48,067
Post INVOL/SKCHG Policy eff Sept 1, 2021

New policy effective next month, with now valid for all LHG airlines:

https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/sha...ile_152012.pdf
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
file_152012.pdf (698.0 KB, 286 views)
c2d likes this.
oliver2002 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.