Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rules for Involuntary & long-term Schedule Changes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2019, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by schrodingerdog
Hi all,

Today I got a notification about a schedule change in my booking (MAD-MUC-ADB). Basically the MUC-ADB flight has been moved back 30min, reducing the connection from 2h15min to 1h45min. In theory, that will be good news, because it means I arrive early to ADB and 1h45min is more than enough to transfer in MUC (I've used MUC before). What make me nervous is that there is only a MUC-ADB flight a day with LH and that is the last one of the day. And I don't want to lose a day of my precious holiday because of a delay.

It is worth a shot asking LH to be rebooked MAD-IST-ADB with TK (A* partner)? I know is a very long shot, but there is plenty of IST-ADB flights available even during the night, and why not, I will get a better service. Btw my ticket is paid business class (fare P).

Thanks in advance for the advice.
Obviously, 1h45min meets the MCT requirements so probably they won't accept your offer to rebook to TK.
Your logic is great but they wouldn't rebook expecting for IRROPS.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also isn’t the problem with your plan that Helga could route you on -IST (TK or Helga)-ADB (TK) if you misconnect in MUC.

Giving you some EU compo.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Obviously, 1h45min meets the MCT requirements so probably they won't accept your offer to rebook to TK.
Your logic is great but they wouldn't rebook expecting for IRROPS.
Originally Posted by hugolover
Also isn’t the problem with your plan that Helga could route you on -IST (TK or Helga)-ADB (TK) if you misconnect in MUC.

Yes, indeed, they can rebook MUC-IST-ADB. Or they can dump me in the SunExpress MUC-ADB and pay me the downgrade compo.

I'm gonna give it a go and contact Helga via twitter. I have nothing to lose and a lot to win so is worthy the try. I'll keep the post updated.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 2:04 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that

Helga has given MUC-IST the boot quite a while ago. So TK would be the only (*A) alternative from MUC.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cas_de
Helga has given MUC-IST the boot quite a while ago. So TK would be the only (*A) alternative from MUC.
Nonsense. She would happily treat the OP to a connection via her FRA hub
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 2:10 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that

Nonsense. She would happily treat the OP to a connection via her FRA hub
Why not opt for a routing via ICN, EZE and SVO while we're at it?
Old Jul 23, 2019, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Star Alliance only! She’s one of the founding members. And she loves Star. But you do raise a reasonable point; would Helga prefer to route a pax via EZE than offer a TK re-route?
Old Jul 23, 2019, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by cas_de
Why not opt for a routing via ICN, EZE and SVO while we're at it?
If they rebook me with QR via DOH I have no problems
Old Jul 23, 2019, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite

It is worth a shot asking LH to be rebooked MAD-IST-ADB with TK (A* partner)? I know is a very long shot, but there is plenty of IST-ADB flights available even during the night, and why not, I will get a better service. Btw my ticket is paid business class (fare P)
Sorry, but it would be a waste of your time. There is no way LH will allow you to be rebooked to TK just because your transfer time at MUC has been (slightly) reduced. You are still well within MCT so LH is not going to touch this booking - on the day of departure/in case of IRROPS it is completely different of course.
Often1 likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 5:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Since the change is invol, you can call up and ask to be rerouted on LH/LX/OS. But except for MUC-ADB in the middle of the night there is no other option. So if you are really scared that you wont make the connection in MUC, you can ask for an earlier MAD-MUC flight. TK also nowadays flies to ADB from MUC in Summer, but that is in the late evening.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 12:25 am

Sorry, I forgot to update.

As expected, no luck. But it was worth a try.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
But it was worth a try.
Sorry, but no, it wasn't. It was beyond certain that you would receive a "No."
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 3:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL

Only worth a try if you don't value your time or mobile data!

You essentially asked for a fee-free voluntary ticket change to other carriers.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Sorry, but no, it wasn't. It was beyond certain that you would receive a "No."
I disagree.

Last time I sent a complaint to Lufthansa it was because my baggage took 45min to be delivered after 1h delay on the flight. I sent it because I was quite annoyed but I knew I was totally out of the scope of any EU261 compensation. Nevertheless I got 10000 miles for free.

So wasting 2 min in writing a short email is a worthy try. You never know if one of the flights is overbooked or for whatever reason they are interested in changing you.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 9:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Post INVOL/SKCHG Policy eff Sept 1, 2021

New policy effective next month, with now valid for all LHG airlines:

https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/sha...ile_152012.pdf
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
file_152012.pdf (698.0 KB, 286 views)
c2d likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.