Determining LH Y/E/C/F loads? [the help me guesstimate loads thread]

Old Aug 14, 19, 2:44 am

Hello all,
Can someone, please, provide me the full specs for:

Sardinia / Olbia (OLB) - Zurich (ZRH)
Fri 16/08/2019
LX 8387 (EDW flight...)

When I look to book seats in C online, shows them all open, but, when I try to upgrade says its all full. Just wondering how the loads look like. ( i know its a silly short flight to upgrade, but, would put a nice end on the vacations... )

Thanks in advance,
RedRobin
Old Aug 14, 19, 4:07 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Originally Posted by HarryKUK View Post
I’m sure this is just me being overly grumpy now, but currently in Singapore awaiting my final flight to Bangkok at 13:25 to find that only one of my bags made it onto my flight (SQ25) and the other two are apparently on a later flight (SQ325). This was despite me checking with the SQ gate staff at boarding that the bags had made it.

The problem is that the two bags on SQ325 arrive into Singapore several hours after after I’ve already departed on my flight to Bangkok so I know for sure it won’t make that flight.

I would understand it if it was a rushed transfer but I was overnight in Frankfurt for over 12 hours so there was plenty of time to make sure the bags made it onto the correct flight (the one I boarded).
You didn't ask for the bags to be delivered to you at FRA? (once you missed LH772). I would have done that - not only for the clothes/toiletries/things needed for a overnight stay at FRA but also to check-in the bags directly with the new carrier (rather than to rely on your bags being correctly re-tagged and rerouted - in my experience the latter often goes wrong and the bags are not on the same flight as you). Relying on "Rush" tagged luggage to arrive on the same flight as you is doomed to go wrong, sorry.
Old Aug 14, 19, 4:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club
Originally Posted by SK AAR View Post
You didn't ask for the bags to be delivered to you at FRA? (once you missed LH772). I would have done that - not only for the clothes/toiletries/things needed for a overnight stay at FRA but also to check-in the bags directly with the new carrier (rather than to rely on your bags being correctly re-tagged and rerouted - in my experience the latter often goes wrong and the bags are not on the same flight as you). Relying on "Rush" tagged luggage to arrive on the same flight as you is doomed to go wrong, sorry.
I did ask when I found out I was on a different carrier but was told they would make their way to the new flight (and one of them did so not sure why the other two went astray). Also it was nearly
midnight by this point so I didnít want to wait even longer for a bag I didnít need - my carry on had most things I needed as it was packed for the overnight flight anyway so had clothes, lenses, charger, toothbrush etc. Itís currently on an SQ flight to Bangkok, will be delivered to me tonight or tomorrow apparently.
Old Aug 14, 19, 4:32 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Originally Posted by HarryKUK View Post

I did ask when I found out I was on a different carrier but was told they would make their way to the new flight (and one of them did so not sure why the other two went astray). Also it was nearly
midnight by this point so I didn’t want to wait even longer for a bag I didn’t need - my carry on had most things I needed as it was packed for the overnight flight anyway so had clothes, lenses, charger, toothbrush etc. It’s currently on an SQ flight to Bangkok, will be delivered to me tonight or tomorrow apparently.
Ok - makes sense. Then go shopping in BKK on the account of LH (forward receipts to LH (or SQ?) for reimbursement when you get back to the UK - no rush).
Old Today, 8:33 am

mod please delete. thanks.

Last edited by RedRobin; Today at 8:35 am Reason: delete.
Old Today, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by RedRobin View Post
Hello all,
Can someone, please, provide me the full specs for:

Sardinia / Olbia (OLB) - Zurich (ZRH)
Fri 16/08/2019
LX 8387 (EDW flight...)

When I look to book seats in C online, shows them all open, but, when I try to upgrade says its all full. Just wondering how the loads look like. ( i know its a silly short flight to upgrade, but, would put a nice end on the vacations... )

Thanks in advance,
RedRobin
Follow up for what is worth: indeed C was full. too bad.