FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Determining LH Y/E/C/F loads? [the help me guesstimate loads thread]
Old Aug 14, 2019, 4:07 am
SK AAR
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by HarryKUK
I’m sure this is just me being overly grumpy now, but currently in Singapore awaiting my final flight to Bangkok at 13:25 to find that only one of my bags made it onto my flight (SQ25) and the other two are apparently on a later flight (SQ325). This was despite me checking with the SQ gate staff at boarding that the bags had made it.

The problem is that the two bags on SQ325 arrive into Singapore several hours after after I’ve already departed on my flight to Bangkok so I know for sure it won’t make that flight.

I would understand it if it was a rushed transfer but I was overnight in Frankfurt for over 12 hours so there was plenty of time to make sure the bags made it onto the correct flight (the one I boarded).
You didn't ask for the bags to be delivered to you at FRA? (once you missed LH772). I would have done that - not only for the clothes/toiletries/things needed for a overnight stay at FRA but also to check-in the bags directly with the new carrier (rather than to rely on your bags being correctly re-tagged and rerouted - in my experience the latter often goes wrong and the bags are not on the same flight as you). Relying on "Rush" tagged luggage to arrive on the same flight as you is doomed to go wrong, sorry.