Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TrueBlue Changes 2023

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2023, 12:13 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
What a garbage program where nothing is clear and no one can answer questions with confidence.
GW McLintock and SxMan like this.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 2:15 pm

Programs: HIlton Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Avis President's Club,
Originally Posted by diburning
What a garbage program where nothing is clear and no one can answer questions with confidence.
I agree. I still can’t get a solid answer about missing tiles from them.
Old Jul 8, 2023, 2:16 am

Programs: Free agent, value for my money
High class issue here now that I'm above 150 tiles.
Next "level" appears to be 250 tiles for a couple more Mint upgrades and the Blade helicopter rides. The Mint upgrades could be lucrative but the helicopter situation does not work for me. The other incentives as I've gained tiles (Founder's Card, Pet Waiver type incentives) are also not attractive for my travel purposes. There is an additional 15K points, which could be worth $150, at the 150 tile level which was useful, but above that there are no additional points bonuses. And the next level is 100 tiles higher?
Suggestion to JetBlue: create additional incremental points options at these higher tile levels.
Old Aug 14, 2023, 10:50 am

Programs: TK *G, HHonors Gold, UA 0.547MM and ex-1K but we gave up on each other
Originally Posted by bilofsky
Originally Posted by jfunk138
I'm also trying to figure out this one. Does picking 20 tiles give you a "discount" on achieving Mosaic next year as well? Say I earn Mosaic with $40,000 credit card spend and $1,000 travel in 2023. I choose 20 tiles. Do I only need to earn 30 tiles in 2024 to maintain Mosaic?
I went down the rabbit hole again (45 minute phone call) and asked another Mosaic agent. He said the tiles reset on Dec. 31. And that's what the Terms and Conditions say: "4.3 ... Tiles earned and partial spend towards each next tile reset at the end of the calendar year." I've been told conflicting information but not in writing. So I believe the Terms and Conditions - all tiles go away on Dec. 31.

Next question - what if I have a pick but don't use it in 2023? Can I still make the pick in 2024? If so, then I can pick those 20 tiles for 2024.

The agent read me something from an internal document that convinced him that the answer is yes. But what he read didn't say that.

If someone else wants to take a turn down the rabbit hole, please let us know. Again - if we qualify for Mosaic in 2023 for 2024, can we hold off on picking our perk until 2024?
One more try. Two agents said I can earn a Mosaic PYP this year and P(ick) it next year. And this time I have it in emails. So if nothing changes in my account, I will:
  • Use my Mosaic 1 PYP in December 2023 to add 20 tiles to my current 34, becoming Mosaic 2 through December 2024 and earning another PYP.
  • Hold onto that PYP into 2024. If it disappears on Jan. 1, then ask [email protected] for it back.
  • If at some point in 2024 I am between 30 and 49 tiles but not getting to 50, I'll take the 20 tiles. Otherwise I'll take something else.
  • And my wife is in the same situation. So she also should upgrade this year. We always fly together, so it doesn't make much sense for her to try for Mosaic next year. So probably her 2024 PYP should go to something else. Too bad Mint Priority doesn't apply to a companion.
In case you want the details: The email conversation with [email protected] included four messages from different agents.

Kim said "Each time you qualify for a new level of Mosaic, you will be able to select a perk from the Mosaic Perks you pick menu. We encourage you to select your perk as soon as you earn it but it can be selected any time between when it was earned and 12/31 of the following year."

Leah said "Mosaic customers can choose from six different Perks You Pick, which are unlocked at Mosaic 1 and each time you reach a new Mosaic level. ... We encourage you to select Perks You Pick as soon as you earn them, but they can be selected at any time between when they are earned and December of the following year."

Another agent said "Once the Perk You Pick is selected you would have the remainder of the calendar year to use it." The question was about selecting the PYP, not once it is selected - and I'm not sure how to apply her answer in any case. The other two sounded like they were paraphrasing the same document. So I found their answer credible by a vote of 2 to 0, with one spoiled ballot. And I stopped asking.

Last edited by bilofsky; Aug 14, 2023 at 10:57 am
Old Aug 25, 2023, 4:42 pm

Programs: TK *G, HHonors Gold, UA 0.547MM and ex-1K but we gave up on each other
A Mosaic agent just told me that we don't get tiles on a flight because we booked using dollars from the Travel Bank. Is that true?

He told me two other things, both wrong.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 9:42 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
A Mosaic agent just told me that we don't get tiles on a flight because we booked using dollars from the Travel Bank. Is that true?

He told me two other things, both wrong.
No, You just get the tiles after the flight posts regardless of whether it was paid by cash or travel bank and only in $100 increments. So if you are at 0 tiles and the spend is $150 then you would earn 1 tile and would have to spend another $50 to get the 2nd tile. If you pay for fees like even more space, that would be added to the jetBlue spend total. If your base fare was $150 and you spent $50 on seat fees your total spend would be $200 and you would earn 2 tiles.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by RWPrincess
I was already Mosaic through 12/31/23 and have now reached Mosaic 1. So that means I'm now Mosaic through 12/31/24? I cannot find an expiration date anywhere on the website or app and I'm fairly certain it used to be there before the system change. Why would they not publish that?
If you qualified for Mosaic this year, you have status through December 2024. The only question is whether you will be level 1, 2, 3, 4 next year and unless you are already level 4, that won't be definitely determined until this year ends. Before there was only one level so once you achieved it there was nothing else to aim for the rest of the year.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 8:31 pm

One more try. Two agents said I can earn a Mosaic PYP this year and P(ick) it next year. And this time I have it in emails. So if nothing changes in my account, I will:
  • Use my Mosaic 1 PYP in December 2023 to add 20 tiles to my current 34, becoming Mosaic 2 through December 2024 and earning another PYP.
  • Hold onto that PYP into 2024. If it disappears on Jan. 1, then ask [email protected] for it back.
  • If at some point in 2024 I am between 30 and 49 tiles but not getting to 50, I'll take the 20 tiles. Otherwise I'll take something else.
  • And my wife is in the same situation. So she also should upgrade this year. We always fly together, so it doesn't make much sense for her to try for Mosaic next year. So probably her 2024 PYP should go to something else. Too bad Mint Priority doesn't apply to a companion.
In case you want the details: The email conversation with [email protected] included four messages from different agents.

Kim said "Each time you qualify for a new level of Mosaic, you will be able to select a perk from the Mosaic Perks you pick menu. We encourage you to select your perk as soon as you earn it but it can be selected any time between when it was earned and 12/31 of the following year."

Leah said "Mosaic customers can choose from six different Perks You Pick, which are unlocked at Mosaic 1 and each time you reach a new Mosaic level. ... We encourage you to select Perks You Pick as soon as you earn them, but they can be selected at any time between when they are earned and December of the following year."

Another agent said "Once the Perk You Pick is selected you would have the remainder of the calendar year to use it." The question was about selecting the PYP, not once it is selected - and I'm not sure how to apply her answer in any case. The other two sounded like they were paraphrasing the same document. So I found their answer credible by a vote of 2 to 0, with one spoiled ballot. And I stopped asking.
More information. And no guarantee that anything JB agents tell me is true.

I had 47 tiles and a Mosaic Perk You Pick that I was holding until the end of the year, in case I got 7 more tiles without using the MPYP.

Multiple JB phone agents had told me that I would not get tiles from a JB segment on a flight booked through Icelandair. But a week after the flight, in came 6 tiles, Mosaic 1 status through 2024, and a MPYP.

Multiple Mosaic email agents had told me that the new MPYP would replace the old one. If that's true then I just lost a MPYP.

But two phone agents looked at my account and told me that I have two MPYPs now. Everyone agrees that the MPYP(s) will remain usable until 12/31/24.

So I'm doing nothing until 1/1/24. Then I'll use a MPYP for 20 tiles and see if I still have the other one.

It's a shame that the only way to accurately know how this system works is to see how it worked.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 7:05 am

Programs: Marriott, United, Jetblue
Anyone have feedback on the logistics of the Mosaic “even more space at check-in” benefit?

I am sure some routes tend to have more availability than others, just curious if this is like a mad scramble to checkin online first to secure these seats.

I have a couple transatlantic flights booked for 2024 (which a even more space seat is about $400/rt and I feel this is about the only value I find in the program), would like to understand the process before then
Old Nov 5, 2023, 7:46 am

It is pretty rare for EMS to be sold out by check in time—especially with AA elites no longer competing for them. You can always check the seat map as it gets closer.
MSYtoJFKagain likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 8:54 am

Let me ask this, if myself and my wife are both mosaic but I am flying with kids (no status) and it was all booked together. Will I get the option to upgrade the entire group to EMS or no?
Old Nov 6, 2023, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Ken C
Let me ask this, if myself and my wife are both mosaic but I am flying with kids (no status) and it was all booked together. Will I get the option to upgrade the entire group to EMS or no?
Everyone on the itinerary can upgrade to EMS for free if there is a Mosaic on that same itinerary. Same goes for 2 checked bags and Mosiac boarding. The only perk that is limited to the Mosaic only is the free drinks, but my wife (non-mosaic) has occasionally been able to get to free drinks just by asking nicely after I've ordered something, and they see that I was Mosaic on the tablet they use for payment. I am Mosaic 1, but I imagine the upgrade at booking is the same for Mosaic 2 and above.

I've noticed that the upgrade does not have to happen after actually checking in. I've been able to move to EMS(price shows up as $0) at T-24 as Mosaic 1 just by 'managing flights'.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 9:39 am

Update after first four months of the program year, still believe the EMS upgrades are most beneficial of Mosaic. Have had a good success rate (15 out of 16 legs) so far.

Still had a fair share of delays and a cancellation, doesn’t bode well for increased operational performance.

B6 is hands down the best way to cross the Atlantic. I hope these routes survive future network changes. Have flown LHR, LGW, CDG and have AMS and DUB booked.

Rooting for LIS and FCO once the XLR are delivered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.