Wiki Posts
Search

TrueBlue Changes 2023

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2022, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus, TrueBlue, SkyMiles, HH SM, Amtrak Guest Rewards
TrueBlue Changes 2023

Just received this e-mail from B6. What do you think the changes will be for next year? Bonuses are going away starting next year.

Thanks, as always, for being a TrueBlue member. A lot has changed over the past couple years—including our first forays across the Atlantic and into Canada, a refresh of Mint, and our alliance with American Airlines (with reciprocal benefits for Mosaics). But one thing hasn't changed—your loyalty is what keeps us flying high.

And, during 2023, we're excited to be rolling out enhancements to the TrueBlue program that are designed to meet the needs—and exceed the expectations—of more of our customers, whether you're an intrepid or occasional traveler. These include:

• Non-Mosaics can earn valuable perks.
• New ways to earn Mosaic status.
• Ability to customize your perks, so you can choose what's most valuable to you.
• New perks for Mosaics, in addition to many of the current favorites.

To make way for these exciting changes, Take 3, Lucky 7 and Go Long bonuses will end 12/31/22, and due to a system update, points redemptions for Mosaics to move from a regular Mint suite to Mint Studio® will end 11/30/22 (customers will still be able to make the move for a fee).

Rest assured, you'll still be able to earn and redeem points for award travel. We can't wait to share more details and dates as we get closer, and look forward to seeing you on board soon.
dlflyer00 likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 5:03 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Any bets on whether the dollar savings per point redeemed will stay the same or decrease? I'm betting on it staying the same. Cash fares are higher this year, which automatically increases award cost to customers.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 5:11 pm

JetBlue is really unique in its approach and most airlines will always offer the sweets before giving out the bad news. The email basically are all "sour" with zero good news. It is clear that they have nothing new to offer, but decide that they need to remove all these bonus opportunities and benefits. [Maybe saving some money to pay for that stupid merger with Spirit!] They have no good reason so they sneak in this nonsense email on a Friday afternoon.

Personally JetBlue just took away the rest of the "sort of good perks" of being a TrueBlue Mosaic member.

It makes me regret trying to make it to 2023 Mosaic after committing to two every expensive one way flight on Mint, not to mention the "downgrade" to the older Mint seats, due to the delayed delivery of the long haul A321LRs and the move of one of the domestic new Mint A321Neo to the BOS-LGW flight.

The inability to use points to upgrade to Mint Studio truly sucks but honestly after flying my first Mint Transatlantic flight yesterday, it hurts less because I am a bit let down by the Mint Transatlantic experience anyway.

I really hope JetBlue is going to surprise me but with a broken website and poor point redemption value, it makes renewing my Mosaic in 2024 less and less likely to happen. They really need to release the details soon because I am already planning requalification trips for first half of 2023 now.

Carfield

Last edited by Carfield; Oct 14, 2022 at 11:02 pm
Old Oct 14, 2022, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CM Silver, IHG Silver
Deleted
Old Oct 14, 2022, 10:51 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
The thing that irked me about that email was that the benefits announced were vague, almost like they were filler to soften the blow of them removing the redemption benefits.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Would partner awards come in 2023?
Old Oct 16, 2022, 4:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
I have no idea what they're planning but I viewed the email as a negative thing. Recent interactions directly with the company have taught me to expect nothing good.

I'm in a similar situation as Carfield. I'll most likely re-qualify for 2023 but I'm coming up on the point where I need to start booking early 2023 travel so I need to decide if that will be on JetBlue, AA, or Delta.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Back in the day, "enhancements" was a dirty word over on the Delta forum. I have a feeling we are going to have a similar experience.

-J.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

"JetBlue flights are flights operated by JetBlue and purchased under a JetBlue flight number. Take 3 bonus can only be earned once a year. Take 3 bonus points do not count towards earning Mosaic status. See additional Bonus Offer terms below. Expires 12/31/22"

Has this always been the case for Take 3/Lucky 7? Or was this added quietly in 2022?
Old Nov 26, 2022, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Back in the day, "enhancements" was a dirty word over on the Delta forum. I have a feeling we are going to have a similar experience.

-J.
Back in the day?
Old Nov 27, 2022, 1:13 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by dx3003
"JetBlue flights are flights operated by JetBlue and purchased under a JetBlue flight number. Take 3 bonus can only be earned once a year. Take 3 bonus points do not count towards earning Mosaic status. See additional Bonus Offer terms below. Expires 12/31/22"

Has this always been the case for Take 3/Lucky 7? Or was this added quietly in 2022?
This has always been the case. The expiration was added in 2022 because those bonuses are going away after this year.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 6:20 pm

Programs: DL Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Plat Regular Joe Everywhere Else
This definitely sounds like the program will get worse rather than better.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by diburning
This has always been the case. The expiration was added in 2022 because those bonuses are going away after this year.
It only caught my attention because a segment I took with AA earlier in the year was counted
Old Nov 30, 2022, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To make way for these exciting changes, Take 3, Lucky 7 and Go Long bonuses will end 12/31/22, and due to a system update, points redemptions for Mosaics to move from a regular Mint suite to Mint Studio® will end 11/30/22 (customers will still be able to make the move for a fee).
Could they be any more weasely?
Old Dec 4, 2022, 10:51 pm

As of yesterday or today, EMS seats no longer require a 100 point redemption for Mosaics. The upgrade to EMS shows up as $0 on the seat selection map. Perhaps this change for 2023 was loaded early.
nsx likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.