Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TrueBlue Changes 2023

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2022, 9:08 am

https://viewfromthewing.com/jetblue-...hieving-status

4 benefits tiers which you get with "tiles". You earn 1 tile per $100 spent with B6/AA and at B6 Vacations or $1000 on the B6 credit cards. Tiers are at 50, 100, 150, and 250 "tiles". Biggest benefits seem to be a lot of "early" benefits as people qualify, mint upgrade certs, and top tier includes 4 Blade helicopter seat vouchers.

Interesting, but I'm sure there are downsides here, esp for those who don't want to earn Mosaic on spend and don't want to use the CC.

Last edited by lowfareair; Dec 7, 2022 at 9:36 am
Old Dec 7, 2022, 9:33 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
They've basically created a new program from scratch without any regard to their existing Mosaics. This primarily benefits the casual leisure flyer and not long term Mosaics. I can't imagine what "customer feedback" led them to this other than someone's internal opinions. The fact that they released this news to the public before emailing existing program members should tell you how they really feel about loyalty. What a slap in the face. I've been flying Jetblue for almost 20 years now and I think I'm finally out. Lots of other airlines fly where I fly and will be more appreciative of my loyalty.
Sallycat and Midtowngal like this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, JetBlue Mosaic
https://blueir.investproductions.com...2022-150035785

Definitely frustrating to see EMS at booking limited to Mosaic 2 and not 1. At least you can MS it in in $80k if you pick 20 tiles as your Mosaic Perks You Pick benefit.

Also for Mosaic 3: "Number of certificates required to upgrade varies."
I hope this is for international only, and only for something like Mint Studio. Requiring 2 upgrade certs to move from Core to Mint really reduces the value of this benefit.

And how does Mint Suite Priory work?
Old Dec 7, 2022, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by RWPrincess
They've basically created a new program from scratch without any regard to their existing Mosaics. This primarily benefits the casual leisure flyer and not long term Mosaics. I can't imagine what "customer feedback" led them to this other than someone's internal opinions. The fact that they released this news to the public before emailing existing program members should tell you how they really feel about loyalty. What a slap in the face. I've been flying Jetblue for almost 20 years now and I think I'm finally out. Lots of other airlines fly where I fly and will be more appreciative of my loyalty.
Does this really surprise you? Most of the "old money" has already jumped ship to legacies. They are doing what they can to bring "new money" in the door.

As for me, $5000 for Mosaic 1 (which IMHO is such a lazy choice of name) seems kind of reasonable. If JetBlue's operation was more reliable -- and if they had more partners like an alliance -- I would actually consider it.

-J.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 10:17 am

TrueBlue changes now live on JetBlue.com
https://www.jetblue.com/trueblue/meet-the-new-trueblue

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Does this really surprise you? Most of the "old money" has already jumped ship to legacies. They are doing what they can to bring "new money" in the door.
Being Mosaic before the Northeast Alliance with AA was great. With AA pushing more and more traffic to B6, the flights I take are littered with AA elites who don't understand JetBlue, increased competition for Mint and EMS seats, preboarding scrums, etc.
Sallycat likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Taking a closer look now... and wow they have decimated the program. Group B boarding? Only one comp drink? A lot of this must feel like a slap in the face to existing Mosaics.

-J.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 10:36 am

Programs: BR Diamond, B6 Mosaic
Any idea if Mosaics will still have free cancelation (ie travel bank credit) on all non-Blue Basic fares?

Also looks like Mosaic 1 won’t be able to select EMS at check-in. Can we still pay the 100 pts for that?
Old Dec 7, 2022, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Still nothing on redeeming awards on partners?
Old Dec 7, 2022, 10:41 am

Taking a closer look now... and wow they have decimated the program. Group B boarding? Only one comp drink? A lot of this must feel like a slap in the face to existing Mosaics.

-J.
That's in the "Pick your Perks" section so I hope as soon as you hit Mosaic 1 you still have access to unlimited drinks.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 10:53 am

-J.
Group B boarding is only for pre-mosaics who choose that benefit, it looks like it is mosaic boarding once you hit the first tier.
GW McLintock and RWPrincess like this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver

-J.
I think the Mosaic 1 benefits correspond to the existing Mosaic ones (except the 100 points for EMS), so if you're spending $5k/year that doesn't change (and if you have a CC it makes it easier to qualify as well). But given B6's reliability and IT I'm giving up Mosaic after this year, burnt all my points, and have switched to DL lol
RWPrincess likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by truncated
I think the Mosaic 1 benefits correspond to the existing Mosaic ones (except the 100 points for EMS), so if you're spending $5k/year that doesn't change (and if you have a CC it makes it easier to qualify as well). But given B6's reliability and IT I'm giving up Mosaic after this year, burnt all my points, and have switched to DL lol
I've been actively working on that, and now that you can't use Travel Bank to pay for award ticket taxes, I need to wrap this up quicker than anticipated. I can't be the only one who remembers the award booking fee they tried doing several months ago that lasted all of 12 hours. My statement about considering Mosaic for 2023 was just me being facetious.

-J.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 11:36 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
For me, I think the changes make a lot of sense to encourage people to get to the next level and to sets the program up for partner redemptions and reciprocal benefits on other airlines. One level made sense when all the flights were in economy and no partner flights counted towards status. Now, there are many people who quality for regular Mosaic after one or two RTs in Mint and had no incentive to gain any higher status. It also encourages more credit card spend as now it is either $50,000 or nothing and most people don't even consider trying. Getting rid of the segment based bonuses also encourages more spend over taking short inexpensive fares and they no longer need to encourage people to take 10 long flights in coach to make those flights worth B6's while to fly---given that they have Mint and Transatlantic flights now. With some extra credit card spend, I can probably quite easily get to Mosaic 2 and some co-workers that regularly travel in Mint now have an incentive to get Mosaic levels 3 or 4.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 11:46 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Looking at the "Mosaic Perks You Pick" -

Mint Suite Priority (arriving later in 2023)
  • Priority access to Mint Suite selection on select aircraft (pending availability). Excludes Mint Studio™.
Anyone else think this means they're going to start charging for the 1-1 suites on the old Mint configuration (assuming they can get their IT to handle it)...
Old Dec 7, 2022, 11:57 am

Programs: Jet Blue Mosaic, Emirates Silver, Etihad Silver, BA Bronze,
Taking away the even more space seats reserve at booking for 2023 for level 1 and telling their “loyalists” now at the end of the qualification year is the part that is the last straw for me. Why not change that one in 2024 for those who already qualified? I get the program is always subject to change, but it seems a little like a bait and switch to me and a big devaluation.

On top of the negative feeling I get from it, I‘m not interested in trekking to the gate hours in advance to try to secure the remaining available EMS (middle) seat.. I’d rather be in the (non-JetBlue) lounge on the other side of the airport :-)

Can’t imagine I will have any interest in going for Mosaic in 2023 - especially if AA lowest status gets the same early boarding, bags and at gate EMS - rest of the benefits don’t really matter to me in level 1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.