Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Slickw
All Cards
  • No f/x fee
  • Chip+PIN capable
  • 50% off in-flight purchases
The JetBlue Card
  • Free!
  • 3x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • 15k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Plus Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 60k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Business Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Office Supply, 1x Everything Else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • 30k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here
Print Wikipost

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2016, 12:32 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by travellingcari
Did anyone else get this 5K bonus points email today:

You will earn 5,000 bonus points after you charge $500 in net retail purchases (purchases that are not returned or rescinded) each calendar month from May 1, 2016 through July 31, 2016.

If it matters, I was one whose AMEX transferred, not a new cardholder.
Yep husband got it for only $250 in purchases per mos , May, June, July.

Last edited by duranza; Apr 28, 2016 at 12:49 pm
Old Apr 29, 2016, 9:09 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
I got my $100 off a companion ticket promo code today.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 7:10 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, UA Silver, JetBlue Mosaic
Originally Posted by dukie570
I received the same email except $750/month. So if used for restaurants or groceries, it's over 4 points/dollar. Good little deal.

Wife received the $500/month. Over 5 points/dollar.

Both are the cards that transferred over from Amex.

It may be a good little deal if B6 actually manages to credit the correct points in some reasonable timeframe. Otherwise, you'll have to check, double-check, call, email, etc., to get them to do it properly. For that reason I won't make any special effort to partake of the 5K offer.

It's difficult enough to get B6 to post points for flights taken, and as a Mosaic I can tell you that the TrueBlue program is the worst for accuracy and timeliness. Plus, they make you wait 15 days before they will do anything about posting missing credits. But for the important stuff such as ground and inflight ops, they are awesome. And so I keep believing in them, but take their True Blue program promises with a grain of salt.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 8:50 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by BlaiseBOS
It may be a good little deal if B6 actually manages to credit the correct points in some reasonable timeframe. Otherwise, you'll have to check, double-check, call, email, etc., to get them to do it properly. For that reason I won't make any special effort to partake of the 5K offer.
Barclaycard, not B6, will be the party responsible for posting the points, and though in general Barclaycard doesn't have the best customer service, I can tell you from past experience- Barclaycard runs similar spend promotions on their other card products, and the points always post like clockwork.
Old May 1, 2016, 11:19 am

Programs: TrueBlue
I got my $100 companion fare code about the same time I got the offer for 5,000 bonus points if I spend $2000 in each of the months of May, June and July.
Old May 1, 2016, 10:05 pm

As an Amex transfer, sucks that my annual fee hits at the end of this month. Really wanted to take advantage of the offer I got in the mail of 5000 bonus points if I spend $750 in new purchases in each month (May-July). Will most likely do a product change to the annual fee free card since this isn't my go-to card.
Old May 1, 2016, 10:45 pm

What is B6?
Old May 2, 2016, 5:59 am

Programs: TrueBlue
B6 is the airline code for Jet Blue.
Old May 2, 2016, 8:26 am

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Originally Posted by dw
Barclaycard, not B6, will be the party responsible for posting the points, and though in general Barclaycard doesn't have the best customer service, I can tell you from past experience- Barclaycard runs similar spend promotions on their other card products, and the points always post like clockwork.
Ditto. I've had their Apple Rewards product for some years now and have never had an issue with points posting.
As I have a higher reward minimum spend on my Hilton AMEX and have just booked most of my B6 travel for the year I don't know that I will hit the spend for the bonus, but am OK with not as I still find the B6 card worthwhile enough
Old May 2, 2016, 4:11 pm

^^thanks
Originally Posted by djplong
B6 is the airline code for Jet Blue.
Old May 2, 2016, 4:44 pm

I had canceled my old Amex before the transfer but still received the credit card.. which i did not activated. The day the link came on for the Jetblue plus I applied and got "sorry you already have a card". Today in the mail i received a letter that says.. During the transition to the Jetblue credit card program of Barclaycard we noticed that you expressed interest in one of our new Jetblue credit card. Now that the transition is complete, we'd like to offer you the opportunity to learn about the new jetblue Card.
So, it sounds like I can now reapply for the card and get it.
Old May 2, 2016, 6:45 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by gogiantsfan11
So, it sounds like I can now reapply for the card and get it.
Yes, I was in the same situation — even though I had cancelled the card I received the converted "JetBlue Rewards" card in the mail, but did not activate. I was able to apply for the JetBlue Plus card a few weeks ago. Most difficult application process I've ever been through as they are requesting copies of drivers lic., social security and utility bill. Ironically, I was already approved and received the JetBlue Business card, but the personal side and business side are two different business units that won't talk to each other.

On the business side I have been waiting over a month for the card to be connected properly to my TrueBlue account — I'm not receiving any points (signup bonus or spend) nor the 10% rebate on points redemptions. Very frustrating. JetBlue did bonus me an additional 5K points for the frustration, but it has yet to be resolved.
Old May 2, 2016, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by ymx
Yes, I was in the same situation — even though I had cancelled the card I received the converted "JetBlue Rewards" card in the mail, but did not activate. I was able to apply for the JetBlue Plus card a few weeks ago. Most difficult application process I've ever been through as they are requesting copies of drivers lic., social security and utility bill. Ironically, I was already approved and received the JetBlue Business card, but the personal side and business side are two different business units that won't talk to each other.

On the business side I have been waiting over a month for the card to be connected properly to my TrueBlue account — I'm not receiving any points (signup bonus or spend) nor the 10% rebate on points redemptions. Very frustrating. JetBlue did bonus me an additional 5K points for the frustration, but it has yet to be resolved.
YMX - My husband was approved right away for the personal card but had to jump though hoops for the business card. They could not understand why he needed two cards. He was like one is a business .. He finally got approved. Our first bill on both just came due so we will see how long before points post.
Old May 2, 2016, 10:24 pm

Converted from AMEX and got letter saying if I spent $250 per month May June July would get 5000 bonus points. That's 7.7 points per dollar which conservatively is 9.2% back.

Also just got a letter saying my annual fee will hit on May 31. Phoned in and was told that effective May 30 (and up to one month after fee hits) can downgrade to a no fee card and STILL get the 5000 point offer. When I phone in on May 30 I'll confirm this.
Old May 3, 2016, 8:44 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Mid cycle here

Originally Posted by jetsetter
Does anyone know how soon after you spend $1,000 you get the $100 companion discount? Does it require a statement cut to generate the companion discount? I imagine the companion discount is a B6 promo code?
Mine came in after $500
I actually wasn't expecting it yet until the next cycle as I was just under $500 (~$470) at last statement but subsequent ~$200 charge triggered it about two weeks out from statement close.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.