Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Slickw
All Cards
  • No f/x fee
  • Chip+PIN capable
  • 50% off in-flight purchases
The JetBlue Card
  • Free!
  • 3x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • 15k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Plus Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 60k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Business Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Office Supply, 1x Everything Else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • 30k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2016, 6:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

JetBlue and Barlcaycard announced details of their new TrueBlue CC offering this morning, launching a suite of 3 new cards for members to consider. Here are some of the highlights.

The JetBlue Card
  • Free!
  • No f/x fee
  • Chip+PIN capable
  • 3x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • 10k/$1k spend sign up bonus

The JetBlue Plus Card
  • $99/year
  • No f/x fee
  • Chip+PIN capable
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • $50k => Mosaic

The JetBlue Business Card
  • $99/year
  • No f/x fee
  • Chip+PIN capable
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Office Supply, 1x Everything else
  • $50k => Mosaic

For a Mosaic customer the 6x additional earn on flights can bring the total to near 20% yield for spend on JetBlue ticket purchases. That's pretty damn nice.

The annual fee is higher for the paid version of the card but the availability of a free version - with Chip + PIN and no f/x - is a great reason to keep that card in your wallet as a backup if nothing else.

Also, because I can, one of the first TV spots you'll see for the card starting on Monday:

* Link goes to a story I wrote about the topic. You've been warned.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 6:50 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Looks like a good offering. Would have been nice to see some points for the annual fee renewal like southwest. I will most likely apply for for this later on this year
Old Mar 10, 2016, 6:53 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
I take that back, after reading forbes, it looks like like it will offer 5k points on renewal
Old Mar 10, 2016, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by miadukes
Looks like a good offering. Would have been nice to see some points for the annual fee renewal like southwest.
There are...5k on the paid cards. I was pointing out what I thought were highlights, not all the features.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 6:56 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Sounds good!

I think all new cards in the US have to be Chip/PIN capable now, so not sure they deserve credit for that.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Sounds good!

I think all new cards in the US have to be Chip/PIN capable now, so not sure they deserve credit for that.
Chip+PIN is different from Chip+Sig. This is the former, not the latter.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 7:09 am

Any word on which version the current Amex card will transfer over to? It looks like the first one, right? So keeping that card will not affect being able to get the 30k signup bonuses on the other 2 cards in the future.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dukie570
Any word on which version the current Amex card will transfer over to? It looks like the first one, right? So keeping that card will not affect being able to get the 30k signup bonuses on the other 2 cards in the future.
There is a separate conversion card which will exists; same earn benefits and $40 annual fee. The company expects most will choose to go from that to either the free or the higher priced paid version pretty quickly based on the different/better benefits. Converted customers are not eligible for new sign-up bonuses.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by sbm12
Converted customers are not eligible for new sign-up bonuses.
Thanks SBM. Assume you mean not eligible for sign-up bonuses if converting the separate $40 card to one of these options? We will still be able to sign up independently for the other 3 cards and receive the sign-up bonus?
Old Mar 10, 2016, 7:49 am

As a BOS flyer who is not very familiar with TrueBlue, I'm tentatively optimistic about the new offers. 30k points is worth something around $400 - $500, right? If the annual fee was waived for the first year, I would definitely apply for this card. I might get it regardless, since the benefits are pretty good.

Last edited by aarif1; Mar 10, 2016 at 7:57 am
Old Mar 10, 2016, 8:00 am

There is a separate conversion card which will exists; same earn benefits and $40 annual fee. The company expects most will choose to go from that to either the free or the higher priced paid version pretty quickly based on the different/better benefits. Converted customers are not eligible for new sign-up bonuses.
How do you know converted customers will not be allowed to upgrade to the Plus and get the 30k points?
Old Mar 10, 2016, 8:00 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by aarif1
As a BOS flyer who is not very familiar with TrueBlue, I'm tentatively optimistic about the new offers. 30k points is worth something around $400 - $500, right? If the annual fee was waived for the first year, I would definitely apply for this card. I might get it regardless, since the benefits are pretty good.
I've seen flight redemptions as low as 3,500 points so 30K points could conceivably get you 2-3 trips if you time it right.

As a Mosaic, I'll likely get the Plus card.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 8:03 am

Yes, a reasonable redemption expectation is 1.4-1.5 cents per point, so your range is accurate. You'll also get 10% points back upon redemption so another $45.

I'm assuming based on the published information and other co-brand Barclays cards, the annual fee will not be waived. That obviously tempers the sign up bonus. The 5k points upon renewal also don't come close to offsetting the annual fee.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gogiantsfan11
How do you know converted customers will not be allowed to upgrade to the Plus and get the 30k points?
Because I was at the launch event in NYC yesterday and specifically asked that question of the Barclaycard rep at the event.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 8:10 am

Because I was at the launch event in NYC yesterday and specifically asked that question of the Barclaycard rep at the event.

I would say you are correct then.. LOL.. Thanks for the information.. I guess I have to go cancel my American express card now..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.