Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Slickw
All Cards
  • No f/x fee
  • Chip+PIN capable
  • 50% off in-flight purchases
The JetBlue Card
  • Free!
  • 3x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • 15k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Plus Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 60k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Business Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Office Supply, 1x Everything Else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • 30k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here
Print Wikipost

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2016, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CM Silver, IHG Silver
The 6x points on JetBlue spending would be for the total airfare & taxes correct? Seems like a dumb question where the answer is yes but I'm not too familiar with Trueblue
Old Mar 17, 2016, 2:36 pm

For people who still have the Amex Jetblue card, what are your plans? Get converted to Barclays, spend $500 to get $100 free, then product change to the no annual fee card or jetblue plus? Still weighing my options..
Old Mar 17, 2016, 2:41 pm

Programs: B6, Amtrak, DL, AA, Marriott, Hilton
Just wasn't able to get the cancellation done, so I'm stuck with converting. I'm hoping that once the conversion goes through there will be an easy process to switch cards, as most of my travel is two passengers. Would only need a couple trips to earn back the annual fee on bag charges (and that's assuming the charges stay at the current rate of as low as $30 round trip).
Old Mar 17, 2016, 3:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kefkafloyd
Wish they had asked us if we wanted the "transfer" card or the plus card. I would take the plus card; I would easily save the annual fee in bag charges alone.
You will be able to convert the transfer card to the Plus card once you have it. Just call in and make the change.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by octr202
Just wasn't able to get the cancellation done, so I'm stuck with converting. I'm hoping that once the conversion goes through there will be an easy process to switch cards, as most of my travel is two passengers. Would only need a couple trips to earn back the annual fee on bag charges (and that's assuming the charges stay at the current rate of as low as $30 round trip).
You are not too late to cancel.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 4:03 pm
gjw

Just tried to call to cancel. They're saying my account was already cancelled. Hmmm....
Old Mar 17, 2016, 7:36 pm

When I called to cancel a few days ago the computerized system told me mine was already cancelled too - but when I got a human on the phone they were able to tell me it wasn't cancelled, and to actually cancel it for me.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 7:57 pm

Just called amex to ask questions about my current Jetblue card but they said the card is no longer on my account (even though it shows up online). Strange...

Edit: They started the transition already so not possible to cancel with amex.

Last edited by pchong8; Mar 17, 2016 at 8:16 pm
Old Mar 18, 2016, 8:11 am

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Three telespam calls this morning to remind me to activate it on Monday. One to work phone, two to cell. That's really annoying.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 12:39 pm

Programs: B6, Amtrak, DL, AA, Marriott, Hilton
The one I got to my cell was so garbled I could barely make out what it was.

And the further irony is the card hasn't even shown up yet, although that could just as easily be a postal issue.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 12:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

FWIW, I've heard from a contact within JetBlue who confirms that the data file sent from AmEx to Barclays was old and not reflective of more recent cancellations. They are planning to get the actual conversions processed this weekend - based on a current version of the data - and then scrub the phantom entries. Might take a few days but they're working on it.

But they absolutely know that the mailing of conversion cards went out to people who previously cancelled and they're expecting to deal with that, mostly by not actually activating the new accounts even though the card was sent.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 9:14 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
and due to the lovely state of mail spam in our country, two paper mailings offering me to apply for the card despite deliberately converting (and receiving the card)...
Old Mar 21, 2016, 11:07 pm

Jetblue card no longer shows up on my amex accounts
Old Mar 22, 2016, 7:54 am

Awful customer service so far at Barclaycard. I cannot apply for a new card for 30 days because I submitted an application already that didn't go through. IT only didn't go through because they had wrong information that I was a current AMEX cardholder (but I cancelled in 2015). Even though it's an error on their part there is "nothing they can do" until the computers let them after 30 days. Not a way to welcome new customers at all. My philosophy is when am mistake is made due to a company's error, it is up to them to make it up to the customer. I will reconsider getting this card. Dealing with AMEX for issues was always so easy but this seems to be anything but.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 8:28 am

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by pchong8
Jetblue card no longer shows up on my amex accounts
Same here for husband but it is not showing up in his Barclays account,
maybe cause he hasn't activated it or will be the only Barclay card he owns (presently)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.