Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Slickw
All Cards
  • No f/x fee
  • Chip+PIN capable
  • 50% off in-flight purchases
The JetBlue Card
  • Free!
  • 3x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • 15k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Plus Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 60k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Business Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Office Supply, 1x Everything Else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • 30k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here
Print Wikipost

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2016, 7:49 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by sdizzy777
From the Barclays FAQ:

Q: How many bonus points will I earn for activating and using the card in the first 90 days?
A: A limited time bonus offer will allow you to earn 10,000 bonus points after making $1,000 in purchases
These are the terms for the No Annual Fee Card. I can confirm that, for the no annual fee card, the 10,000 points will immediately show up on your online Barclays account with the purchase that puts you over the $1,000 spending threshold... with the points to be transferred to the corresponding TrueBlue account after the next statement cuts.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 8:35 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic 3, Marriott Platinum Elite
I sent a message to Barclays asking when I should expect to see the annual fee charged. I will post back here after they respond.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 4:41 pm
dw

Has anyone who has already had a statement period close on their Barclays account seen their points for regular spending transferred to their TrueBlue account yet?
Old Mar 31, 2016, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by dw
Has anyone who has already had a statement period close on their Barclays account seen their points for regular spending transferred to their TrueBlue account yet?
Wife's account closed 3/26/16, statement says points posted to B6 account 494. As of today, nothing posted on Trueblue. I think its too early, the family transfer of points don't happen until the end of the month.
Example a car rental credit on 3/11 didn't transfer over to family until 3/28.
FWIW
Old Mar 31, 2016, 7:36 am
dw

Originally Posted by Brighton Line
Wife's account closed 3/26/16, statement says points posted to B6 account 494. As of today, nothing posted on Trueblue. I think its too early,
Thanks for the data point. It's interesting, it seems like a lot of cardholders' first statements cut on 3/26 (mine did as well).

I'm fairly new to B6, so still getting used to their IT and timing. (I'm used to AA, where miles from Barclays always post a day or two after the statement cuts.)
Old Mar 31, 2016, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Brighton Line
Gee thanks but it doesn't answer my questions of when the annual fee will be charged since other places it says you have to pay the fee to get the sign up bonus.
Barclays is notoriously slow posting annual fees. Sometimes its before first statement, but most of the time it's during the second statement.

This was a big issue with the US Airways card before it was nerfed--the bonus was make any purchase and pay the AF and get 50,000 points. If your AF posted right away, so did the points, but for most users the AF only showed up on their second statement.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 8:13 am

annual fee showed up

Originally Posted by gr99gt
I sent a message to Barclays asking when I should expect to see the annual fee charged. I will post back here after they respond.
I just got charged for the annual fee - transaction date shows 3/31
Old Apr 1, 2016, 8:38 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic 3, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by conroy9
Same here. Annual fee posted on 3/31 for both mine and my wife's accounts. I just paid the full $1099 on both accounts, so now we'll wait and see how long it takes for the 30k bonus to post.

Still no sign of the 1000 points hitting my trueblue account yet, although it did reflect them on my 1st statement.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 8:56 am

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
The points from my Barclays card posted today. I book a B6 trip using the Amex and got 4x points instead of the 2x that Amex would have given me .
Old Apr 2, 2016, 10:09 am
dw

Originally Posted by bmg42000
The points from my Barclays card posted today. I book a B6 trip using the Amex and got 4x points instead of the 2x that Amex would have given me .
Same here-- showed up today with a posting date of yesterday, for a statement that closed on Saturday of last week. Definitely a few days longer than most co-branded airline and hotel cards, which tend to post within one to two days, but oh well.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by conroy9
Originally Posted by gr99gt
Same here. Annual fee posted on 3/31 for both mine and my wife's accounts. I just paid the full $1099 on both accounts, so now we'll wait and see how long it takes for the 30k bonus to post.

Still no sign of the 1000 points hitting my trueblue account yet, although it did reflect them on my 1st statement.
Originally Posted by bmg42000
Originally Posted by dw
Same here-- showed up today with a posting date of yesterday, for a statement that closed on Saturday of last week. Definitely a few days longer than most co-branded airline and hotel cards, which tend to post within one to two days, but oh well.
Another data point: Just like others are reporting, the points from my last statement (closed on March 25th) showed up in my TB account today. The AF was also billed to the card on 3/31.

Question: Does Barclay literally want you to "pay off" the AF before giving the sign-up bonus? I mean, I used the card for a couple of JB purchases and would rather pay when the statement closes near the end of April...so will Barclay actually wait to see that the balance + AF is paid back in full before issuing the 30k points? Not too sure how Barclay's work.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 1:46 pm
dw

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Question: Does Barclay literally want you to "pay off" the AF before giving the sign-up bonus?
If I recall correctly, based on how Barclays treated sign up bonuses for the old US Airways cards (and I would imagine it would be similar here), provided you have met the minimum purchase threshold, the bonus points will mostly likely be awarded upon the closing of the statement that includes the annual fee.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 3:34 pm

Anyone have any opinions on the other perks that come with having a World Elite card? I looked into what they are today and the utility of what's advertised seems pretty bogus.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by alegeeter
Anyone have any opinions on the other perks that come with having a World Elite card? I looked into what they are today and the utility of what's advertised seems pretty bogus.
The best thing about World Elite, IMO, is the shiny MasterCard logo. Not worth an annual fee.

You pay $99/year if you can get at least that much value over the no-annual fee card.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 6:20 pm

Any data on those who had the Jetblue AmEx previously?

I got the Jetblue Plus card (haven't activated yet). I cancelled the Amex >1 mo ago, therefor did not receive the new converted card. I know there are reports of people calling and being told they won't qualify for the signup bonus (on any card) because they don't meet the criteria of being a new cardholder. So if I cancelled my card prior to 3/18, never received a new converted card, and was able to apply for the Jetblue Plus card without an issue, I should qualify for the 30k signup bonus right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.