Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Slickw
All Cards
  • No f/x fee
  • Chip+PIN capable
  • 50% off in-flight purchases
The JetBlue Card
  • Free!
  • 3x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • 15k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Plus Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 60k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Business Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Office Supply, 1x Everything Else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • 30k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here
Print Wikipost

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2016, 5:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Originally Posted by rover4618
It's 10K. Yes.
10k was temporary. Current public offer is only 5k.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by jay_dubya
10k was temporary. Current public offer is only 5k.
Then for 5K no. Credit pulls though don't really scare me.

I got an 800 + FICO and my experience is that a credit pull "may" reduce it by 2,3,4, 5 ??? points but within a couple of months it goes right back to where it was before.

I am under the belief that the game is changing and am trying to get whatever I can while I can.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 1:20 pm

Programs: TrueBlue/Hawaiian Miles
Originally Posted by dw
A reader on MMS reported that he/she already had one of the personal cards and was denied upon applying for the other one, with Barclays giving the reason that he/she already had that card "product".

This seems to correspond with what people have reported before on the Arrival/Arrival+ cards, that Barclays considers them the same "product" and won't let you have both.
I had a friend ask to SWITCH to the Plus from the regular card as they had no idea there was that option (not big on points/miles but big on JetBlue) and they were also advised by a heavily accented Barclaycard rep that "You have the best product available"

Has anyone either tried to switch in any manner? Perhaps by telling BC that you got the wrong card for your needs? Or is that something that's only possible via closing the card or another worst case type method? My friends spouse will be applying for the B6 Plus Card but again, he's still hoping to switch if it is humanly possible.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 1:46 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by FBWFTW
I had a friend ask to SWITCH to the Plus from the regular card as they had no idea there was that option (not big on points/miles but big on JetBlue) and they were also advised by a heavily accented Barclaycard rep that "You have the best product available"

Has anyone either tried to switch in any manner?
Yes, unfortunately that's characteristic of the customer service we've all come to expect from Barclays.

I actually do not think that card issuers are allowing people to switch from a no annual fee card to an annual fee card until 12 months after they've opened the account due to the issuers' interpretation of federal law regarding increasing the annual fees on new accounts.

I would not be surprised, however, if after 12 months Barclays started promoting the Plus card to regular card holders. For example, on my Barclays issued AA card, there's what now seems to be a permanent ad on my online account soliciting me to upgrade my regular "Aviator Red" card to the more expensive "Aviator Silver" card.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 1:47 pm
Suspended

Does the 50% off apply to EMS?
Old Aug 4, 2016, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by dw
Yes, unfortunately that's characteristic of the customer service we've all come to expect from Barclays.

I actually do not think that card issuers are allowing people to switch from a no annual fee card to an annual fee card until 12 months after they've opened the account due to the issuers' interpretation of federal law regarding increasing the annual fees on new accounts.

I would not be surprised, however, if after 12 months Barclays started promoting the Plus card to regular card holders. For example, on my Barclays issued AA card, there's what now seems to be a permanent ad on my online account soliciting me to upgrade my regular "Aviator Red" card to the more expensive "Aviator Silver" card.
Thanks so much for the quick reply! I will let my buddy know to check on/around his anniversary date.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Does the 50% off apply to EMS?
In my dreams it would... But I highly doubt it. MAYBE just maybe it might apply for an "on the plane/empty seat/space available" type of upgrade, but again I highly doubt it-that's a big driver of their ancillary revenues so they want the cold hard Benjamins for EMS.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 5:05 pm
Suspended

Did anyone apply and select the expedited shipping option? And if so, how long did it take for the card to arrive?
Old Aug 4, 2016, 10:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Can anyone confirm how the 10% rebate on miles spent works with family pooling please? Did a few searches but didn't find anything definitive.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 7:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Originally Posted by sam_goh
Can anyone confirm how the 10% rebate on miles spent works with family pooling please? Did a few searches but didn't find anything definitive.
If the cardholder is the head of household, you definitely get 10% back on all redemptions from the household account. Not sure what happens if the cardholder isn't the one retaining the points.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 3:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Did anyone apply and select the expedited shipping option? And if so, how long did it take for the card to arrive?
Got the card in the mail today! Wow, I am seriously impressed by the speed of delivery. ^
Old Aug 5, 2016, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by sam_goh
I'm not sure this answers your question, but at the least it's a data point: Our Head of Household has the Business card and when the 10% bonus didn't post after a redemption we wrote in and were told that the bonus would post AFTER we flew.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 10:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
@jay_dubya and @Sean_Hanley - thanks for the data points. Will know which person to app on at least.

Followup question, anyone happen to know if the 10% back is just on JB redemptions or what happens if you call in to redeem on a partner airline?
Old Aug 13, 2016, 11:45 am

If the cardholder is the head of household, you definitely get 10% back on all redemptions from the household account. Not sure what happens if the cardholder isn't the one retaining the points.
Haven't booked yet, but I'll certainly be looking to hear anyones experiences w this.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by FBWFTW
Haven't booked yet, but I'll certainly be looking to hear anyones experiences w this.
I recently flew on an award ticket booked using miles from our household account. My wife is the head of household and credit card holder. I can confirm that the 10% bonus miles were returned to our household account the day after flying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.