Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Slickw
All Cards
  • No f/x fee
  • Chip+PIN capable
  • 50% off in-flight purchases
The JetBlue Card
  • Free!
  • 3x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • 15k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Plus Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 60k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Business Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Office Supply, 1x Everything Else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • 30k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here
Print Wikipost

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2016, 4:54 pm

JetBlue Mosaic told me they have about 2000 customers that still don't have their Barclay cards linked to JetBlue. "We're working on it."

On a different note I've been trying to file a claim for trip interruption with Barclay. I've been told by 2 CSR's and a manager that Barclay doesn't have such a program. Finally I was transferred Master Card who told me they weren't the program administrator for Barclay and didn't know who was.

Has anyone filed a claim or knows who the administrator is? Thanks
Old May 31, 2016, 10:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
I don't believe that. MasterCard has to know who provides the travel insurance if it's an included benefit with the card. They are the ones who provide that benefit not Barclays. I would call back and ask again.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 5:57 pm

Talked again to an administrator in MasterCard benefits who said he has no idea who in Master Card is handling claims for the Barclay JetBlue card. He is investigating but says he couldn't promise he could get me an answer.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 9:43 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by ymx
I was approved for the Business card about a month ago with no hassle. However, the personal Plus card has been fraught with difficulty. At first their records were still showing me as having the Amex. Records have finally been fixed and they allowed me to apply, but I'm going through the most arduous "account security" process of having to send them copies of my social, my drivers license and a copy of a utility bill. Evidently even though I now have a relationship with Barclays on the business side, they have no way of cross referencing me on the personal side -- they made it sound like they are two completely different business units that don't talk to each other.

This process has made me appreciate Amex even more. Each time I have applied for a new Amex card they thank me gratuitously for being a valued card member and pull out all the stops to make things easy.
Update: Finally approved today for the Plus card that I applied for in March. I ultimately had to mail them documents via certified mail to prove my identity.

Still waiting, however, for my Business card that I'm on my third billing cycle for to be linked to my TrueBlue account.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 9:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Brattflyer
JetBlue Mosaic told me they have about 2000 customers that still don't have their Barclay cards linked to JetBlue. "We're working on it."

On a different note I've been trying to file a claim for trip interruption with Barclay. I've been told by 2 CSR's and a manager that Barclay doesn't have such a program. Finally I was transferred Master Card who told me they weren't the program administrator for Barclay and didn't know who was.

Has anyone filed a claim or knows who the administrator is? Thanks
CBSI Services in Harrison, NY but there is no phone or email listed listed in the MasterCard Benefits brochure. I would call Barclays again and ask for a supervisor.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic 3, Marriott Platinum Elite
I just made my first flight on B6 since I became a Barclay plus cardholder. A few nice data points below.

The free checked back does apply even if you booked the flight prior to getting the card. This was a nice surprise when I did online check-in for my flight and saw that me and my wife were both eligible for a free bag. Second nice surprise was that I received the 10% bonus back as a credit even though I booked the flight before being a Plus cardmember. My return flight was on 6/12, and when I looked at my TrueBlue account on 6/13 it has 3,420 points listed as a "rebate." Again, nice free surprise that I didn't expect.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 3:38 pm
Suspended

That's interesting re: the free checked bag, as I believe the T&Cs state that the ticket must be purchased with the JetBlue Plus card for that benefit to kick in. Are you sure you weren't already entitled to one checked bag?
Old Jun 14, 2016, 6:23 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic 3, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by jsk1973
That's interesting re: the free checked bag, as I believe the T&Cs state that the ticket must be purchased with the JetBlue Plus card for that benefit to kick in. Are you sure you weren't already entitled to one checked bag?
I am positive. I booked a "Blue" fare using points a few months ago, and even looked at my email confirmation and it said 0 bags. But when I did online check-in there was a paragraph that explained that I was entitled to 1 free checked bag per ticket since I was a Plus card holder.

I can also confirm that booking a new ticket with points will also get you a free bag regardless of which ticket class you purchase. You do not need to actually buy a ticket with the CC, just be a CC holder.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 6:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by gr99gt
I am positive. I booked a "Blue" fare using points a few months ago, and even looked at my email confirmation and it said 0 bags. But when I did online check-in there was a paragraph that explained that I was entitled to 1 free checked bag per ticket since I was a Plus card holder.
Thanks for the additional info.

I can also confirm that booking a new ticket with points will also get you a free bag regardless of which ticket class you purchase. You do not need to actually buy a ticket with the CC, just be a CC holder.
I wonder if this applies only to tickets booked using points or if it applies even to tickets purchased with a non-JetBlue credit card, despite the T&Cs.

Just at a glance, it seems like the JetBlue Plus card is actually an attractive card to use when booking JetBlue flights — unlike, e.g., some of the other airline cards — but it's always a gamble: Use the airline's CC for the free first bag or use a card like the Prestige for the trip-delay benefits, etc. (Based on the T&Cs, I had thought the JetBlue Plus card worked like the United Explorer card — i.e., one had to use the card in order to get the first-bag-free benefit — but maybe JetBlue isn't as strict as United.) Thanks again.

Anyone else have experience with being a JetBlue Plus cardholder and getting a free first bag despite using a different payment method?
Old Jun 14, 2016, 11:06 pm

Did any Amex converts receive the $100 companion travel discount yet? If so, how does it work?
Old Jun 15, 2016, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by jsk1973
I had a trip ticketed before I even applied for the card. Once I got it I too got the free bag.
FWIW
Old Jun 15, 2016, 2:35 pm

Programs: TrueBlue/Hawaiian Miles
Originally Posted by gr99gt

So, I've got our hotel card (HHonors) and my wife has the B6 Barclaycard. However, we're both authorized on each other's accounts. I assume that qualifies both of us right?

Additionally, has anyone had any issues with family pooling not coming thru? Should points from first statement plus bonus appear shortly after the second statement? I'm a bit concerned and hesitating on getting a card for myself until I see these point issues worked out a bit more.

Last edited by FBWFTW; Jun 15, 2016 at 2:46 pm
Old Jun 15, 2016, 3:48 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by FBWFTW
So, I've got our hotel card (HHonors) and my wife has the B6 Barclaycard. However, we're both authorized on each other's accounts. I assume that qualifies both of us right?
No, the free checked bag benefit is only for the primary cardholder (+ up to three companions traveling on the same PNR).
Old Jun 16, 2016, 2:45 pm

Programs: TrueBlue/Hawaiian Miles
Originally Posted by dw
No, the free checked bag benefit is only for the primary cardholder (+ up to three companions traveling on the same PNR).
Thanks, I'll make sure to have my wife use her card then.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 4:30 pm

Programs: B6, AA, AS
Originally Posted by pchong8
Did any Amex converts receive the $100 companion travel discount yet? If so, how does it work?
I let my card rollover to the $40 annual fee card.

This is the email I received on 6/6. Have not used it yet;

"Bring a friend when you fly!
For consistent delivery, add [email protected] to your address book.
TRUE BLUE | jetBlueŽ

Dear DrewBr,

Congratulations – by using your JetBlue Rewards Card to make $500 in purchases by June 30, 2016, you’ve earned a Companion Discount! This means you can choose a wingman or wingwoman to travel with you on JetBlue and use the $100 discount you earned toward his or her ticket.

Companion Discount code: *********
Expiration date: June 30, 2017
Here’s how to redeem your Companion Discount1:

Use this link to start planning your trip.
Both you and your companion need to book at the same time and be on the same flights and itinerary.
Your Companion Discount code will automatically be applied in the “promo code” field (but is included in this email for reference).
Your Companion Discount will be applied on the payment page and you will need to purchase tickets for you and your companion with your JetBlue Rewards Card.
The $100 Companion Discount can only be applied to your initial reservation. If the initial reservation is amended or cancelled, the discount may not apply.

We look forward to seeing you and your travel buddy onboard soon!

And, as always, thanks for being a cardmember.

Sincerely,
TrueBlue "

Last edited by DrewBr; Jun 16, 2016 at 4:35 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.