Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Slickw
All Cards
  • No f/x fee
  • Chip+PIN capable
  • 50% off in-flight purchases
The JetBlue Card
  • Free!
  • 3x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • 15k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Plus Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 60k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Business Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Office Supply, 1x Everything Else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • 30k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here
Print Wikipost

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2016, 12:23 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by robizzle
So if I cancelled my card prior to 3/18, never received a new converted card, and was able to apply for the Jetblue Plus card without an issue, I should qualify for the 30k signup bonus right?
You should be fine. Those that were part of the converted batch (both accurate and erroneous) were not able to have applications for one of the new cards go through.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 8:33 am

Programs: jetblue mosaic, spg plat/ambassador, UA GS, AA EXP
I recently traveled around iceland with the new jetblue business card, and had no problems americans sometimes have abroad.

That being said .. i just set up the online access for the account, and holy moly. this is perhaps the worst interface ive ever seen in my life. When i initially went to the url, it was giving me the login for "juniper business cards". The temporary password they assigned me was ,'.7-c_. which was a pain, not knowing if the period at the end was the end of the sentence or not (it was part of the password)

On the main (!!!) login page, this is, verbatim, what my "recent activity" looks like. i did not browse for "more details" or anything like that, and this is not edited for format or content.

Total Addendum: 00
Merchant ZIP Code: 38116
Addendum Sequence: 01
Dynamic Tran Code: 782676420908
Tax Amount: $0.00
Sales Tax Indicator:[ text.sales.tax.not.included ]
Freight Tax Rate: 00000
Tax Type:
Extended Item Amount: $32.00
Item Quantity: 00001
Addendum Sequence: 002
Item Unit Measure: PCE
Line Item Unit Of Measurement Code:
Discount Indicator:[ text.not.discounted ]
Net Gross Indicator:
Extended Item Quantity: 000000000000001.
Sequence Number: 000
Tax Rate Applied: 00000
Line Item Total: $0.00
Commodity Code:
Unit Price: $0.00
Item Description: 001 Standard 1LB
Tax Type Applied:
Discount Amount: $0.00
Total Addendum: 00
Order Date: 0000000
Alternate Tax Id:
Debit Credit Indicator: D
Line Item Date: 0000000
Tax Rate: 0
Discount Rate: 00000.

this interface is laughably bad.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 9:07 am

Applied for Plus card, approved immediately with 10k+ credit line. Applied for JetBlue card and application is being reviewed.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 7:33 pm

Programs: B6, Amtrak, DL, AA, Marriott, Hilton
Converting to plus

Once again, looks like we're paying the price for not cancelling the AMEX and re-applying. Just called, apparently if you were converted, you still cannot upgrade to the Plus card, nor downgrade to no-fee. They said "hopefully by the end of April."
Old Apr 14, 2016, 6:43 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
I was approved for the Business card about a month ago with no hassle. However, the personal Plus card has been fraught with difficulty. At first their records were still showing me as having the Amex. Records have finally been fixed and they allowed me to apply, but I'm going through the most arduous "account security" process of having to send them copies of my social, my drivers license and a copy of a utility bill. Evidently even though I now have a relationship with Barclays on the business side, they have no way of cross referencing me on the personal side -- they made it sound like they are two completely different business units that don't talk to each other.

This process has made me appreciate Amex even more. Each time I have applied for a new Amex card they thank me gratuitously for being a valued card member and pull out all the stops to make things easy.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 8:47 pm

Can anyone in the know put a dollar $ value on 30k JB points.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by rover4618
Can anyone in the know put a dollar $ value on 30k JB points.
I'd say at least 500, up to 800?
Every once in a while they discount points redemptions by 25% off so you can go from LAX/SFO-JFK for 7500-8000. Couple that with the 10% off redemptions and the 1k to meet minimum spend you can get 2 crosscountry roundtrips out of it.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 9:19 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic 3, Marriott Platinum Elite
Does anybody know how the 10% redemption bonus works? Do you get the points credited after flight, or does the cost of the ticket actually drop by 10% when you book with points?
Old Apr 21, 2016, 6:19 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Question Amex Convert $100 Credit & Product Change to Plus Card

Does anyone know how soon after you spend $1,000 you get the $100 companion discount? Does it require a statement cut to generate the companion discount? I imagine the companion discount is a B6 promo code?

Also, now that my account has been converted from Amex to Barclay and after I get my $100 companion discount, how difficult will it be to get BarClays to convert this existing account to the Plus Card for the higher 6x earning on B6 tickets? Has any Amex convert called Barclays to try to do a product change to the Plus Card and how was that experience?

Also one little tidbit the B6 web profiles have a limit of how many credit cards you can store. I think it is like 4-6 cards. If you have too many cards in your profile, you will not see the checkbox to save the new card when you use that as a method of payment for an online ticket purchase. However, if you delete one of the cards, which you must do during the booking process, then you will once again have the checkbox available to add the new form of payment to your list of saved cards.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 7:26 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by gr99gt
Does anybody know how the 10% redemption bonus works? Do you get the points credited after flight, or does the cost of the ticket actually drop by 10% when you book with points?
From what I understand the 10% bonus is supposed to be credited back within 24 hours of the redemption.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 8:10 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by jetsetter
Does anyone know how soon after you spend $1,000 you get the $100 companion discount? Does it require a statement cut to generate the companion discount? I imagine the companion discount is a B6 promo code?

Also, now that my account has been converted from Amex to Barclay and after I get my $100 companion discount, how difficult will it be to get BarClays to convert this existing account to the Plus Card for the higher 6x earning on B6 tickets? Has any Amex convert called Barclays to try to do a product change to the Plus Card and how was that experience?

Also one little tidbit the B6 web profiles have a limit of how many credit cards you can store. I think it is like 4-6 cards. If you have too many cards in your profile, you will not see the checkbox to save the new card when you use that as a method of payment for an online ticket purchase. However, if you delete one of the cards, which you must do during the booking process, then you will once again have the checkbox available to add the new form of payment to your list of saved cards.
I thought it was after $500?

I was hoping to apply for the plus card and product changing the amex-converted card, so i could get the 30,000 points + annual points.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 10:02 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Received new JetBlue Plus card and nowhere in the paperwork nor email when I was accepted does it state the 30k bonus miles.

I can't recall if anyone else posted this and I know some banks do not tell you and others do ( like Citi)

Last edited by duranza; Apr 22, 2016 at 10:21 pm
Old Apr 24, 2016, 10:45 am

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Just sharing a problem yet to be resolved..not sure where to post.
I had my Verizon bill on autopay with my Amex Jet Blue card,
cancelled,
Verizon sends an email stating I have not paid bill since card is not active,
pay with Thank You preferred,
Verizon statement shows paid.
New email from Barclays Jet Blue, Verizon bill has not been paid and now has a late fee,
call and try to sort things out.. still had to pay bill with extra fee will be removed next statement,
call Verizon to tell them I paid 2x for the same month,
Verizon says nothing is showing up on their end as being paid 2x wait till Monday.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 6:32 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic 3, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by ymx
From what I understand the 10% bonus is supposed to be credited back within 24 hours of the redemption.
Where did you find that info? I'm a few k points short for a roundtrip flight. I'm wondering if I can book one-way, wait 24 hrs for the 10% to be credited back, and then bok the return part of the flight. Think that would work?
Old Apr 25, 2016, 1:19 pm
ymx

Originally Posted by gr99gt
Where did you find that info? I'm a few k points short for a roundtrip flight. I'm wondering if I can book one-way, wait 24 hrs for the 10% to be credited back, and then bok the return part of the flight. Think that would work?
It's in the FAQ on the Barclays offer: "You’ll earn 10% of your points back to use toward your next redemption every time you redeem. For example, if you redeem 25,000 points for a JetBlue flight, you’ll receive 2,500 points as a bonus to use toward your next redemption. Points are added to your TrueBlue account within 1 business day after your redemption is processed."

This applies to both the Plus and the Business card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.