Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Slickw
All Cards
  • No f/x fee
  • Chip+PIN capable
  • 50% off in-flight purchases
The JetBlue Card
  • Free!
  • 3x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • 15k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Plus Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 60k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Business Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Office Supply, 1x Everything Else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • 30k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here
Print Wikipost

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2016, 6:02 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by jay_dubya
Anyone have experience with this yet?
How long does it actually take to update after meeting spend?
It's been 3 to 4 weeks since I met the $50,000 spending and statement closed and still no Mosaic Status.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 8:58 am

DoC said that credit utilization was being reported, or just card opening?
Well, DoC cites a flyertalk post where the poster says they heard that Barclay business cards show up on personal credit reports - the assumption is that the account shows up. But it's not a direct data point so I was trying to see if any of the people who have applied for one recently have it showing on their credit reports.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Originally Posted by 141park
It's been 3 to 4 weeks since I met the $50,000 spending and statement closed and still no Mosaic Status.
Thanks. I was just approved for the business card. I have mosaic for this year, but now I know not to wait till December to finish spending or I might lose benefits for the first month or two of 2017.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by pipput1
Well, DoC cites a flyertalk post where the poster says they heard that Barclay business cards show up on personal credit reports - the assumption is that the account shows up. But it's not a direct data point so I was trying to see if any of the people who have applied for one recently have it showing on their credit reports.
I thought business accounts always show up and that the biggest advantage credit score wise is not losing points for high utilization.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 10:16 am

I thought business accounts always show up and that the biggest advantage credit score wise is not losing points for high utilization.
Depends on the bank. Capital One always reports their business cards to personal credit bureaus. Bank of America and Amex don't, unless there is a late payment or worse. Not sure about other banks.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 8:26 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
weirdest of credit card communications

Just got a letter reminding me that my AF was to post and refreshing me of the card's benefits. Odd in itself as I don't recall receiving one for any other card I hold. Odder in that the AF doesn't appear pegged to when I got the AMEX or obviously the Mastercard conversion. Anyone else have a random date?
Old Jul 28, 2016, 9:36 pm

Anyone apply for and approved and received both personal cards ?
Old Jul 29, 2016, 8:45 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by rover4618
A reader on MMS reported that he/she already had one of the personal cards and was denied upon applying for the other one, with Barclays giving the reason that he/she already had that card "product".

This seems to correspond with what people have reported before on the Arrival/Arrival+ cards, that Barclays considers them the same "product" and won't let you have both.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by dw
A reader on MMS reported that he/she already had one of the personal cards and was denied upon applying for the other one, with Barclays giving the reason that he/she already had that card "product".

This seems to correspond with what people have reported before on the Arrival/Arrival+ cards, that Barclays considers them the same "product" and won't let you have both.

I posted this before.. But husband applied for both same day. Was approved for personal and went to pending for business. Called reconsideration line and had to fight for the card .. again they kept saying you have one already and he had to explain over and over.. IT'S FOR A BUSINESS. He was approved.. but it was a long call to get it.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 6:56 pm

I'm thinking of before the year is up cancelling and then waiting 3 months and applying for the no fee product.

Any thoughts on that strategy ?
Old Jul 29, 2016, 7:21 pm

Programs: GE
I'm thinking of before the year is up cancelling and then waiting 3 months and applying for the no fee product.

Any thoughts on that strategy ?
Why not just ask barclays to convert you to the no fee card?
Old Jul 30, 2016, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by bbtrvl
Why not just ask barclays to convert you to the no fee card?

jajaja because then you do not get the bonus miles.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 9:38 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by gogiantsfan11
I posted this before.. But husband applied for both same day. Was approved for personal and went to pending for business. Called reconsideration line and had to fight for the card .. again they kept saying you have one already and he had to explain over and over.. IT'S FOR A BUSINESS. He was approved.. but it was a long call to get it.
Just to clarify, not exactly sure which variation the other poster was inquiring about... but reports are that yes, one can have both a "personal" and the "business" card (perhaps with a fair amount of followup as you mentioned)....

However, Barclays will not allow one to have both the no-fee AND the fee/Plus version "personal" cards.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 7:40 pm

jajaja because then you do not get the bonus miles.
You would take a credit pull for the 5k or 10k trueblue points that the free card offers??
Old Jul 30, 2016, 10:14 pm

You would take a credit pull for the 5k or 10k trueblue points that the free card offers??
It's 10K. Yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.