Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: armagebedar
This thread is about where to find whiskey in Japan. Extended discussion about where to find Japanese whiskey elsewhere is off topic and will be removed.

Per FlyerTalk rule 10, nothing may be bought, sold, or traded on this forum:

FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing may be offered for sale or barter. The exception to this rule is those items in the Coupon Connection (C.C.) Forum, which is governed by specific posting rules, and access to which is granted once you have achieved 180 posts and 180 days as a member.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2019, 6:15 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by jashsu
Bonus photo: markups at a 7-Eleven in Shinagawa.

My local bottle shop sells Hakushu 18 for literally half of the price (A$700, or 50000 yen), and surprisingly, it actually have decent amount of stock.

Kilian Zoll likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
They do, but only on NY, Frankfurt and London routes. Other international long haul routes get H17.
Yes, you're correct.
They serve Blenders Choice in biz class now as well.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:14 pm

They do, but only on NY, Frankfurt and London routes. Other international long haul routes get H17.
Originally Posted by invalyd
Yes, you're correct.
They serve Blenders Choice in biz class now as well.
they also serve H21 on HND LAX first
Old Aug 27, 2019, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by Tokaitalbo

they also serve H21 on HND LAX first
Not according to the menu.

https://www.ana.co.jp/int/inflight/guide/pdf/201909/usa_f_201909_d.pdf

Was eliminated along with H21 on all other West coast flights. I flew NH105 (LAX-HND) F two weeks ago, no H21.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 8:11 pm

Not according to the menu.

https://www.ana.co.jp/int/inflight/g...f_201909_d.pdf

Was eliminated along with H21 on all other West coast flights. I flew NH105 (LAX-HND) F two weeks ago, no H21.
oh man you're right, it was still there during May guess they can't afford all the boogie west coast drinkers haha
Old Aug 28, 2019, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by Tokaitalbo
oh man you're right, it was still there during May guess they can't afford all the boogie west coast drinkers haha
​​​​​​
Overall they have still kept their whisky offerings decent as compared to JAL who only serves Blenders Choice in first class.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by mkjr
great information. looks like i will be bringing protective bags to pack purchased stuff in my luggage during my trip in march for anything that i buy. what a great price for the JW Blue.
which store of big camera and Mitsukoshi ?
Old Sep 2, 2019, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by Leiko Araki

which store of big camera and Mitsukoshi ?
Mitzukoshi Ginza 8F sells the JW Blue. Bring your passport and flight details, reserve the bottle and pick it up at the airport on your way home.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 4:54 am

Currently in Kyoto for a couple of days and looking for H12/18, Y12/18 at a reasonable price or Master Select (prefer the others but better than nothing).

Any suggestions? Would I have better luck in Tokyo or Osaka(will be there next week)?
Old Sep 8, 2019, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by NeTWorKz
Currently in Kyoto for a couple of days and looking for H12/18, Y12/18 at a reasonable price or Master Select (prefer the others but better than nothing).

Any suggestions? Would I have better luck in Tokyo or Osaka(will be there next week)?
You would have better luck in Kyoto then either of the other cities.
I am not sure what you qualify as a reasonable price, but all of whiskies you mentioned are now cheaper to buy outside of Japan.
​​​Masters select is only sold at airports.

Last edited by invalyd; Sep 8, 2019 at 8:03 am
Old Sep 8, 2019, 4:08 pm

Programs: FB, MM
Will stay a few days in Osaka and Kyoto, does anyone have any recommendations for liquor shops in both cities? Or do I have to try my luck at KIX?
Old Sep 8, 2019, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by thrwwrtlvsn
Will stay a few days in Osaka and Kyoto, does anyone have any recommendations for liquor shops in both cities? Or do I have to try my luck at KIX?
Have you considered reading the 107 page thread?
Pretty much every liqour shop has already been mentioned at one point or another.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 4:59 pm

Programs: FB, MM
Yes I had read that thread before but I had the strong impression it was mainly focused on Tokyo. Apologies if I am wrong.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 1:25 am

All the same places to check in Tokyo also apply for Osaka/Kyoto. Supermarkets, department stores, bic camera, donki, liquor stores like Liquor Mountain. Expect to pay street price for Suntory age stated bottles.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 1:32 am

Somebody on reddit, just tipped me off that my local supermarket, in Los Angeles, Pavilions, had Yamazaki 12s on the shelves. Checked it out and Lo and behold I found one. It's $99, or $89 if you buy 5 other bottles of any wine liquor. Even if you buy cheap $3.00 wine bottles. But since they only had one left, I paid the $99 price.
7473chad likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.