Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2019, 5:08 pm

Programs: Salaryman One World Sapphire
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Interesting. It looks like it got ferried there on a special flight and is returning on a special flight. I’d normally think maintenance, but that’s a pretty long maintenance except a C/D check, which by its age it’s maybe due for (but why wouldn’t it just fly to Seattle anyway to do those?).
I believe if its for maintenance purpose they will be sent to ST Aerospace? They are one of main service provider for MRO. Maybe they have something that Jalec cant do on their end.

One of the Japanese Magazine (Airlines) have a photo of ANA C3PO going for maintenance there.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by lokisnake
I noticed JA733J sat on the ground in Singapore for a couple of months. Anyone know what was going on with the aircraft?
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Interesting. It looks like it got ferried there on a special flight and is returning on a special flight. I’d normally think maintenance, but that’s a pretty long maintenance except a C/D check, which by its age it’s maybe due for (but why wouldn’t it just fly to Seattle anyway to do those?).
Accoring to Flightradar24 it just flew back to NRT, so probably a heavy maintenance check, replacement of the WiFi gear to Panasonic as provider, and the cabin refresh. Why not fly to Seattle? Most likely, the heavy maintenance was tendered and it was a better deal to do it in Singapore.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 5:22 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by minizian
I believe if its for maintenance purpose they will be sent to ST Aerospace? They are one of main service provider for MRO. Maybe they have something that Jalec cant do on their end.

One of the Japanese Magazine (Airlines) have a photo of ANA C3PO going for maintenance there.
Ah! Then, probably a C or D check considering it's 14 years old, so assuming "proactive" 5-year maintenance... it's about right.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 12:41 am

Programs: JGC premier
Are there blocked seats for JGP depending on fare class? Just booked an S fare class tix and saw the exit row seats and first 2 row of Y class blocked on the newly released Vladivostok route
Old Nov 8, 2019, 5:50 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by rustykettel
1400 Nov 6 for flight beginning March 29.

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/route/blr/?m=i08

If you're a JMB member, don't forget to register for the double mile promotion

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/121campaign/2019/blr-wmile/
When can we expect the NRT-BLR Award seats to be available through Alaska Milage Plan?

Thanks
Old Nov 9, 2019, 9:33 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
Which lounge do Business Class passengers have access to at JFK?
Old Nov 9, 2019, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by craig44485
Which lounge do Business Class passengers have access to at JFK?
The Lufthansa Business class lounge, or the Alitalia Michelangelo lounge.
craig44485 likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 10:24 pm

LH lounge any better than Alitalia? Wanting to try another carrier, was disappointed in our last CX Business Class MNL>HKG>SEA>JFK>HKG>MNL a few days ago. Not sure if the grass is any greener at JL. Interested in the Sky Suites as the foot area is open and not cramped into the tiny cubby like on CX.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LH lounge any better than Alitalia? Wanting to try another carrier, was disappointed in our last CX Business Class MNL>HKG>SEA>JFK>HKG>MNL a few days ago. Not sure if the grass is any greener at JL. Interested in the Sky Suites as the foot area is open and not cramped into the tiny cubby like on CX.
I have not been to either. Reading the Alitalia lounge reviews, it does not sound promising.
craig44485 likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 11:10 pm

They are both really bad. I wish JAL changed its operations to AAL's terminal. Spend time in NYC if you can.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 1:44 am

Always do, try to stay in town 3-4 days to catch a few shows and eat some good food. Managed to catch 3 Broadway Shows this past week, Moulin Rouge, Tina Tuner, and The Sound Inside.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 1:57 pm
mhy

Programs: JGC
JFK LH J lounge is a sad state of affairs. I actually liked the food in the AF lounge better. No showers and outdated, tired furniture.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 10:17 am
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mhy
JFK LH J lounge is a sad state of affairs. I actually liked the food in the AF lounge better. No showers and outdated, tired furniture.
The whole terminal is pretty sad. Definitely not worth getting to the airport early if you’re flying from T1 (unless flying AF La Premiere, I suppose).
Old Nov 11, 2019, 5:21 pm

Anyone ever used their CPAP machine in J Sky Suites? I have heard storage space and shelf space are quite limited. Thank you
Old Nov 11, 2019, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone ever used their CPAP machine in J Sky Suites? I have heard storage space and shelf space are quite limited. Thank you
I don't have experience, but yes, shelf to place it on would be almost non existent. I guess the only real option is to have the tray table out while the seat is reclined, I have nerve tried that either, so I don't know if that is truly an option. (Talking about the Apex Suites here)
craig44485 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.