Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2019, 4:09 am

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
JAL has already OKd refunds/cancel for Saturday for all flights to/from Tokyo.

https://www.jal.co.jp/cms/other/en/w..._info_dom.html
What to do when your flight is delayed or canceled
STEP1Check the operation status of your flight
Please search the operation status of your flight. If it corresponds to any of the following, you can request to change your flight or refund your ticket.
Your departure or arrival airport is shown in Airports with Special Ticket Handling.
An asterisk (*) mark is shown for your flight in Arrivals & Departures or Flight Delay/Cancellation Information.
Airports with Special Ticket Handling https://www.jal.co.jp/cms/other/ja/info.html
Don't know if it's the right place to ask, I have a redemption ticket issued by CX (Asia Miles) on (only) JL flights into Haneda on 12th plus a domestic connection next day. Anyone knows if JL would usually do rebooking/rerouting for us in case they cancel the flight, or we would have to revert to the ticket issuer? Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 5:27 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Provided they have toro the specific week you are there....
Yeah, that’s one crappy lottery these days

I mean we can check the menu on the JAL site for an idea over the next three - four weeks, but I can’t always shift my work trips by two - three weeks just to get toro, lol.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by watery
Don't know if it's the right place to ask, I have a redemption ticket issued by CX (Asia Miles) on (only) JL flights into Haneda on 12th plus a domestic connection next day. Anyone knows if JL would usually do rebooking/rerouting for us in case they cancel the flight, or we would have to revert to the ticket issuer? Thanks in advance.
If the flight is cancelled before the day of travel CX, if cancelled once check in and travel has commenced JL
Old Oct 10, 2019, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Yeah, that’s one crappy lottery these days

I mean we can check the menu on the JAL site for an idea over the next three - four weeks, but I can’t always shift my work trips by two - three weeks just to get toro, lol.
It is not that great torp. I usually find the ika to be very good.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
My flight tomorrow on JAL was cancelled and when I call their call center it just gets a busy signal... is there any other way to contact JAL to speak about re routing options?
Old Oct 10, 2019, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by invalyd
My flight tomorrow on JAL was cancelled and when I call their call center it just gets a busy signal... is there any other way to contact JAL to speak about re routing options?
Try a call center in a different region, or time zone.
invalyd likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 1:40 am

Programs: JGC premier
Slightly O/T but *sigh*.. what great luck do I have :/ the last time I flew from TYO on intl flight was Sept 9th, and now my flight on 13th has been cancelled and rebooked to a much later flight resulting in what was supposed to be 2 full day, 1 night weekend trip becoming effectively just a day trip.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: DL PL, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy PL
Originally Posted by watery
Any idea when they will start canceling flights for Sunday? Have they already made the decision? I'm leaving Seattle on Sat and land on Sunday afternoon and I'm trying to decide if I need to rebook.

Thanks!
Old Oct 11, 2019, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rich0215
Any idea when they will start canceling flights for Sunday? Have they already made the decision? I'm leaving Seattle on Sat and land on Sunday afternoon and I'm trying to decide if I need to rebook.

Thanks!
The Saturday flight from Seattle needs a Saturday flight from Tokyo to come to Seattle first. The afternoon flight from Tokyo is not that likely to operate. But keep an eye on the inbound. That will be first sign of trouble.
rich0215 likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 10:25 am

The plane is landing in Seattle today and the return is already canceled. So I expect the plane to sit overnight and be available to fly back to Tokyo Saturday--unless they also cancel the Seattle-Tokyo flight tomorrow too.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 12:12 pm

Today's flight was canceled at midnight--so about 14 hours ahead of time. Looks like tomorrow's still isn't officially canceled but I've decided to connect through a different airport and take the refund from JAL.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
now that AS has gutted the intra-asia sweet spot, any other lucrative ways of getting onto JAL business class?
Old Oct 18, 2019, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

While not printed on the boarding pass yet. JAL seems to have introduced boarding groups.

Group 1 is F and emerald, 2 is J and Sapphire, and then I did not stick around for the next groups. But I did notice that Crystal (OWR) has been kicked out of the second group.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 4:31 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
While not printed on the boarding pass yet. JAL seems to have introduced boarding groups.

Group 1 is F and emerald, 2 is J and Sapphire, and then I did not stick around for the next groups. But I did notice that Crystal (OWR) has been kicked out of the second group.
They have been kicked out since early sep

New priority boarding procedure from Sep 2 2019
Old Oct 18, 2019, 4:47 am

It is in the boarding pass now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.