Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: BAEC
Apologies in advance because this has probably been asked hundreds of times before.

I booked (on BA) LHR-HEL-NRT and I'm struggling to choose a seat in advance on the JL leg. When trying to log into Manage My Booking though, it asks for a reservation number. Where might I find this, or am I not going to be able to choose my seats?
Old Oct 6, 2019, 5:29 pm

Is the Narita First Class lounge sushi All you can eat or just one plate per visit?
Old Oct 6, 2019, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by phonehome
Quick question: Do "J-Air" operated flights earn FLYON points?

I'm considering booking one as part of the JAL Explorer Pass (with a 4-digit JL flight number), and on the various JAL webpages they don't specifically mention J-Air anywhere in terms of FLYON earning. It seems to be somewhat of a mystery how it fits into the "JAL group" that they define.
They do earn FOP as any other JL operated flight.
phonehome likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 5:32 pm

"First class passenger is welcome to invite one guest on the same flight."
Several posts state it won't matter. Just as long as it is another JAL flight?

I think JAL is strict and won't budge if aren't on the same JAL flight?
Old Oct 6, 2019, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by pfofyen
Apologies in advance because this has probably been asked hundreds of times before.

I booked (on BA) LHR-HEL-NRT and I'm struggling to choose a seat in advance on the JL leg. When trying to log into Manage My Booking though, it asks for a reservation number. Where might I find this, or am I not going to be able to choose my seats?
I am guessing you have a BA flight number for the JAL leg? I don't know if JAL BA has the same PNR, but otherwise you'd need to get the JAL PNR from BA. If it is a BA flight number, it should be via the BA website you should assign the seats.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stocktc1
Is the Narita First Class lounge sushi All you can eat or just one plate per visit?
One plate per time you line up during the visit. So with a bit of exercise, as much as you want.
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"First class passenger is welcome to invite one guest on the same flight."
Several posts state it won't matter. Just as long as it is another JAL flight?

I think JAL is strict and won't budge if aren't on the same JAL flight?
Other JAL flight is perfectly fine, I am fairly certain I have also brought someone flying another OW carrier no problems.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 5:40 pm

Well, the thing I was worried about is the flight times are far apart so it makes it look like one person will be at the lounge for a long time....
Old Oct 6, 2019, 5:41 pm

Sushi

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
One plate per time you line up during the visit. So with a bit of exercise, as much as you want.
Thank you. Pictures from current reviews show a sign that states only one plate....Thought they stopped doing all you can eat.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you. Pictures from current reviews show a sign that states only one plate....Thought they stopped doing all you can eat.
One plate at a time. That has not changed.... But as many times as you like.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, the thing I was worried about is the flight times are far apart so it makes it look like one person will be at the lounge for a long time....
I have tried to have about 1.5 hours between no sweat. If your flight is 10am and your guest's flight is 6pm, it may cause some comments. I don't know, I have not tried..
Old Oct 6, 2019, 5:58 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Other JAL flight is perfectly fine, I am fairly certain I have also brought someone flying another OW carrier no problems.
Alliance policy trumps JAL policy
Old Oct 6, 2019, 6:03 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
I am guessing you have a BA flight number for the JAL leg? I don't know if JAL BA has the same PNR, but otherwise you'd need to get the JAL PNR from BA. If it is a BA flight number, it should be via the BA website you should assign the seats.
Both have the same Amadeus PNR
Old Oct 8, 2019, 1:31 am

Programs: Marco Polo, BA Executive club, SPG, Hyatt,
I was wondering what's the Lounge Policy for bring kids into the Lounge in Narita International. How old would they be counted as a companion? Do First Class Lounge allow kids?
Old Oct 8, 2019, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HKUSFLYER
I was wondering what's the Lounge Policy for bring kids into the Lounge in Narita International. How old would they be counted as a companion? Do First Class Lounge allow kids?
Over 2 years old and they are counted a companion. Yes, kids are allowed in the first class lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.