Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2019, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by lokisnake
Somewhat related, do certain tiers of members get extra upgrade/award inventory? Also, are upgrade and award inventory the same?
No extra inventory, but the higher your status the higher your priority on the waitlist.

Not entirely sure how the specific inventory buckets are defined. But I have had upgrade requests clear immediately on flights with no award inventory.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 9:44 pm

Programs: Salaryman One World Sapphire
Hi, quick question.

If I booked economy promo/saver (Fare class O for example) with domestic connection attached under same booking.

Does the mileage/FOP for domestic segment (eg hnd-isg) will be according to the fare class O (50% of Segment Mile) or will be 100% Segment Mile by default?
Old Nov 1, 2019, 2:51 am

Programs: JGC premier
Originally Posted by minizian
Hi, quick question.

If I booked economy promo/saver (Fare class O for example) with domestic connection attached under same booking.

Does the mileage/FOP for domestic segment (eg hnd-isg) will be according to the fare class O (50% of Segment Mile) or will be 100% Segment Mile by default?
100%
minizian likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 8:40 am

I will be a Y fare.
minizian likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 9:26 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
When can I buy NRT-BLR tickets?
Hi,
Do anyone know when those tickets will go on sale?
Old Nov 2, 2019, 9:47 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by jacquesrules
When can I buy NRT-BLR tickets?
Hi,
Do anyone know when those tickets will go on sale?
1400 Nov 6 for flight beginning March 29.

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/route/blr/?m=i08

If you're a JMB member, don't forget to register for the double mile promotion

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/121campaign/2019/blr-wmile/
jacquesrules likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan
you're a google wizard sir, tried finding info myself couldn't manage. Thanks!
Old Nov 3, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: Salaryman One World Sapphire
Originally Posted by rustykettel
1400 Nov 6 for flight beginning March 29.

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/route/blr/?m=i08

If you're a JMB member, don't forget to register for the double mile promotion

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/121campaign/2019/blr-wmile/
I supposed the "Double Mile" mean the normal mile right and not "Double FOP" right. Just wanted to be sure.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by minizian
I supposed the "Double Mile" mean the normal mile right and not "Double FOP" right. Just wanted to be sure.
Fourth bullet point in the xondutions

Bonus miles credited in this promotion do not count towards JMB FLY ON Point accrual.
minizian likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 7:11 pm

Early Check In At Haneda

Hi all, I am flying JAL from Haneda at midnight. May I ask how early will JAL allow early check-in as I have Sakura Lounge access and would love to maximise my time there. Thank you.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DennisTan
Hi all, I am flying JAL from Haneda at midnight. May I ask how early will JAL allow early check-in as I have Sakura Lounge access and would love to maximise my time there. Thank you.
When the counters open at 5:30 am you can check in for all of the flights of the day. The day being until the end of operations with JL41.

While the Sakura lounge is a decent business lounge, there is nothing special enough to spend hours upon hours there.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 10:59 pm

From your experience does JAL often run out of choices in First class? Should I pre-order the Japanese meal (from SFO)?
I would like an appetizer from the western menu (not even necessarily the caviar), but the rest of that menu doesn't really interest me.

Leave it to chance or pre-order?
Old Nov 4, 2019, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sinecure
From your experience does JAL often run out of choices in First class? Should I pre-order the Japanese meal (from SFO)?
I would like an appetizer from the western menu (not even necessarily the caviar), but the rest of that menu doesn't really interest me.

Leave it to chance or pre-order?
I have never had them run out of choices. I guess it can happen. But often it seems that passengers can even mix and match between Japanese and Western, so the catering levels are pretty high. But if you are pretty certain, you might as well pre order. Then the very low risk of not getting the Japanese meal become zero risk.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: JMB, Bonvoy, Hyatt
I noticed JA733J sat on the ground in Singapore for a couple of months. Anyone know what was going on with the aircraft?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 4:16 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by lokisnake
I noticed JA733J sat on the ground in Singapore for a couple of months. Anyone know what was going on with the aircraft?
Interesting. It looks like it got ferried there on a special flight and is returning on a special flight. I’d normally think maintenance, but that’s a pretty long maintenance except a C/D check, which by its age it’s maybe due for (but why wouldn’t it just fly to Seattle anyway to do those?).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.