Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2022, 10:42 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Cthunder86
Had a flight with them two weeks ago and no online checking was available. Proceed normal with physical check in
Ok great, thanks for the heads up!
Old Aug 12, 2022, 5:38 am

Programs: AA DL UR AGR
If JL is the marketing carrier for an AA codeshare booked in PE LAX-HND does this flight qualify for OW Lounge access at LAX? JAL website was unclear on this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by DaxOmni
If JL is the marketing carrier for an AA codeshare booked in PE LAX-HND does this flight qualify for OW Lounge access at LAX? JAL website was unclear on this.
To the extent that AA offers lounge access to PY passengers.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Aug 12, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Old Aug 16, 2022, 7:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G
I have booked a domestic JAL flight, and the booking system my company uses requires me to have a JMB number in order to be able to book. I'd like to change the FF number from JMB to a BAEC number - does anyone know if it is possible to update/change the ff number on the booking online? call centre? at the airport?
Old Aug 16, 2022, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by inamenas
I have booked a domestic JAL flight, and the booking system my company uses requires me to have a JMB number in order to be able to book. I'd like to change the FF number from JMB to a BAEC number - does anyone know if it is possible to update/change the ff number on the booking online? call centre? at the airport?
Manage booking on the JAL website allows you to enter/update the frequent flyer number.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 7:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Manage booking on the JAL website allows you to enter/update the frequent flyer number.
on the english site I can't update any personal information, apart from my contact phone number and email address. hmmm, I will look again.

Thanks for the quick response
Old Aug 16, 2022, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by inamenas
on the english site I can't update any personal information, apart from my contact phone number and email address. hmmm, I will look again.

Thanks for the quick response
I always use the Japan site. Don't have a domestic booking right now I can look at to remember the exact flow.

Alternatives are to call JAL or to do it at the airport
​​​​​
Old Aug 21, 2022, 1:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
If I am on a J ticket HND - ITM, do I have domestic lounge access based on my ticket?
Old Aug 21, 2022, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
If I am on a J ticket HND - ITM, do I have domestic lounge access based on my ticket?
Class J as it is called, no lounge access. It is basically a premium economy product, just a better seat. You need domestic F or status for lounge access.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 1:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Class J as it is called, no lounge access. It is basically a premium economy product, just a better seat. You need domestic F or status for lounge access.
Thanks! Follow up question, can a OWE member on a domestic go to the international lounge (either at HND or KIX)?
Old Aug 21, 2022, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
Thanks! Follow up question, can a OWE member on a domestic go to the international lounge (either at HND or KIX)?
No. The domestic and international departure areas are separated. You need to have an international boarding pass and go through passport control to reach the international lounges.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
You could book PAID travel HND-xxx on oct-7 then xxx-HND on Oct 16....and spend the week 'not in japan'. Seoul? ~250 coach, 2:30 flight

IMO, the only way they MIGHT move awards is if THEY did something to 'ruin' the connections. (like they changed a flight, a time, etc)...in this case you booked at risk.

Wonder if you could book a 'tour group' to get around the tourist visa restrictions? not my cup of tea, and I expect most FTers as well.
Sorry for the late reply to this helpful suggestion.
For this to work (in terms of being allowed on the first flight, baggage getting forwarded correctly) do my HND-xxx and xxx-HND flights need to be JL ? Or just oneworld ? Any partner airlines apart from Oneworld ? Thanks and sorry I am such a newbie at this
Old Aug 22, 2022, 5:34 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by warberry
Sorry for the late reply to this helpful suggestion.
For this to work (in terms of being allowed on the first flight, baggage getting forwarded correctly) do my HND-xxx and xxx-HND flights need to be JL ? Or just oneworld ? Any partner airlines apart from Oneworld ? Thanks and sorry I am such a newbie at this
any oneworld partner
Old Aug 22, 2022, 10:40 am

I didn't notice JAL had changed the rules on award flights to make them inflexible.

I have a small number of miles which will soon expire. Is my best bet to use them on a flight I think will be cancelled, in the hope that they will re-issue them? Would this be the same for partner flights? Can anyone think of a flexible use for 7,500 miles?
Old Aug 23, 2022, 3:10 am

Hi!

I'm booked to fly LHR-HND in H class next week, with the return HND-CDG-LHR, also in H (M for the CDG leg).

I'm trying to establish how many BAEC tier points the trip as a whole will generate. BA calculator says 40 for each Tokyo leg, but other places say 80, which is what I was expecting as it's a flexible ticket class. I'm assuming the BA calc is correct but thought I'd see if anyone knows otherwise? I'm 205 from Silver before this trip, so will determine what I need to do in terms of tier point run before December.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.