Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 2, 2018, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
Hua Min usual/planned RA Room Upgrades
Ref email Feb2018 to fellow RA member SHOVEN for Stay Apr2018 regards their usual/planned RA Room Upgrades
(I added from their pot as Shoven only has 37 FT posts so can't)
scubaccr

The Hotel just sent me the below as I'm planning a stay in April thought it might be of some use for others.

Regarding your enquiry, please find below step of room upgrade for Royal Ambassador Member for your reference,

BluPort WingReserve
Upgrade to
Superior Room - Superior Suite (BluPort Wing) or Premier Room (Beach Wing)
Superior Studio - Resort Classic Suite (Beach Wing)
Superior Suite - Premier Suite (Beach Wing)

Beach WingReserve
Upgrade to
Resort Classic Room - Premier Pool Terrace
Premier Room - Resort Classic Suite
Premier Pool Terrace - Premier Suite
Resort Classic Suite - Premier Suite
Premier Suite / Club InterContinental Suite - No upgrade
Print Wikipost

IC Resort Hua Hin Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2014, 11:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, A3*G
Thanks so much for your advice and photos-all looks amazing!

I am travelling with my mum, she needs a wheelchair most of the time -although she can walk a little, so that's the reason I am more interested in the hotel's F&B than I normally would be- thanks again
Old Apr 30, 2014, 12:07 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
As promised, here is my report of our recent stay ... whaddya think?

This is a well thought out and beautifully planned property whereby all its higher floor rooms have sea view. Beautiful grounds with plenty of greenery, pools of water, and even singing birds. Excellent location to boot as it is nestled between the main road (HWY-4) and the Gulf of Siam for easy access to all worthy points of interest in Hua Hin. The property provides beautiful sandy beaches, clear sea waters, and awesome sunrise in the morning. Traditional Songkran festivities were celebrated during our stay followed by a friendly and fun water fights. We booked 3 rooms with IHG points that added up to be 225K points total for 3 nights. A room for the wife and myself with one of the kids, the second for my mother in law with our other kids and his cousin, and the third for my sister-in-law with her husband and son.

We stayed at this hotel during Songkran 2014 (April 12-15) when the hotel was at near full capacity arriving by car from Bangkok at about 5 PM. We were greeted by FD clerk who immediately served us a fruity beverage. She recognized me as a IHG Platinum Ambassador member and gave a welcome amenity that consisted of Phuang malai garlands and small bottle of massage oil. The FD processed our reservation and informed me that I was upgraded from standard room to premier type of room. I followed scubaccr advice and requested that I would pay for the first upgrade using points and for the property to upgrade us to club access. I even offered to pay cash for the first insignificant upgrade from base to premier room to no avail. The FD clerk rejected both suggestions insisting that we pay $92 per room per night (THB 2,500++) for club access. The amount was over the top, but I had no choice and relented to this up-selling because I was traveling with kids and needed to partake breakfast at the property. We paid for one room upgrade to club access, but they allowed both our kids the access in addition to wife and myself. Club benefits were not explained thoroughly as to where and what we were entitled for.

Our allocated rooms were on the second floor of the "South Wing" and were adjacent to each other. Were impressed with its great location, layout, and amenities they offered. The housekeeping service was excellent and even offered an evening turndown service. However, there was unpleasant strong musky odor/smell omitting from the bathroom and infecting our entire room (# 6203). I do have hyper sensitivity to smells and can easily develop a bad respiratory reaction if exposed to foul smells for prolonged amount of time. I informed the FD lady who showed the room as I noticed it immediately. No action was taken by the staff to abate this problem and I had a very uncomfortable first night. The next day I asked for a manager in order to resolve this smell issue and was met by FD assistant manager (Khun MP) who assured me that she would provide us with alternative accommodations but stated that because the property was fully booked she couldn't provide us anything for the second night. Later on, I checked the hotel's website using their computer and I found plenty of availability. Housekeeping tried to abate the problem by applying chemicals that smelled good but compounded the problem and made it worse. The next day, we were moved to the 5th floor of the main wing to a Deluxe room which was odor-free with expansive views of the property's pools and the sea beyond. Finally, and on the third night, I got some good night sleep!

As compensation for loss of enjoyment during the stay, Khun MP offered us 50% off any spa services during the second day, I declined the offer as this was another attempt to sell up their services. On the 3rd day, as a compensation, the same manager us for this inconvenience, free spa service. Again, I declined. She made a counter offer by removing all club charges ($276). I immediately accepted rendering the club access charges issue as moot! My mother in law's room (# 6201) also had the same smell not as strong as ours, but that didn't seem to bother her, and, hence, we did not complain about her room.

We partook breakfast, afternoon tea, and happy hour food and beverages (club benefits). The quality and choice of food was fresh and excellent. The service was also very good and attentive. Two issues about the breakfast food, however: the Thai pork dish at breakfast tasted good but the meat was over-cooked and rubbery. Also, other than lox and another smoked fish, there was no other seafood selection during breakfast. This property is located in Thailand with noticeable Asian guests (including my wife) presence that usually consume such food for breakfast. I informed the F&B manager about these issues on our second day there, but nothing was changed by the third day.

The service in the club lounge by the female staff was great, but their manager was somewhat crude. Service by the concierge and the porters at the hotel was also excellent. The concierge advertised on the hotel website was never seen in the 3 days we were there and not the same person who assisted us. They do have kids' club room with an outside area complete with trampoline. The staff that managed the kids room were excellent. When we left the property, were forgot our mobile charger there. We were contacted immediately and arrangement was made for us to retrieve the charger at the ICH Bangkok.

All in all a great property and a good stay, but not sure it will be our choice for return visits to Hua Hin due mainly to the odor issue & the stingy upgrades/up-selling.
Old May 3, 2014, 4:57 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by perthite
My own experience at this hotel on an award was a one category upgrade on the room -- No lounge access was granted - I guess I could have paid for it.
The hotel confirmed this to me;

Reserve -> Upgrade to

Grand Deluxe Room - > Premier Room
Premier Room -> Premier Pool Terrace
Premier Pool Terrace -> Deluxe Suite
Deluxe Suite -> Premier Suite
Premier Suite -> No upgrade

The "standard"-class is not mentioned in this listing, is there really one new class below deluxe? Going there in Oct.
Any tips?
Old May 4, 2014, 11:54 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Karjaluokka
The hotel confirmed this to me;

Reserve -> Upgrade to

Grand Deluxe Room - > Premier Room
Premier Room -> Premier Pool Terrace
Premier Pool Terrace -> Deluxe Suite
Deluxe Suite -> Premier Suite
Premier Suite -> No upgrade

The "standard"-class is not mentioned in this listing, is there really one new class below deluxe? Going there in Oct.
Any tips?
If this is true (which I believe it), it means we were downgraded to get us out of that smelly room. But it worked fine for us as the deluxe room we were moved to was odor-free on the fifth floor of the main building (above the lobby & lounge) with expansive views of the beautiful property, the pools, and the sea beyond.

This goes to show you how stingy the staff was keeping us away from any real upgrade due to our award booking/stay
Old May 5, 2014, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Kalboz
If this is true (which I believe it), it means we were downgraded to get us out of that smelly room. But it worked fine for us as the deluxe room we were moved to was odor-free on the fifth floor of the main building (above the lobby & lounge) with expansive views of the beautiful property, the pools, and the sea beyond.

This goes to show you how stingy the staff was keeping us away from any real upgrade due to our award booking/stay
How is it stingy? The T&C's are pretty clear that you aren't entitled to an upgrade on a redemption stay, which is why I only push redemptions at properties where I know exactly what I will get on redemptions (typically those IC's which fully honour RA benefits).
Old May 5, 2014, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
How is it stingy? The T&C's are pretty clear that you aren't entitled to an upgrade on a redemption stay, which is why I only push redemptions at properties where I know exactly what I will get on redemptions (typically those IC's which fully honour RA benefits).
I am cognizant that the IHG loyalty program is inferior in comparison to others as I very well know its T&C, but this is not what we are talking about here ... hear me out!

One major reason that people get hotel rooms is to get comfortable sleeping quarters. So, regardless of how you paid for the room, you are entitled to comfortable room where you can have a good night sleep. Paying with points doesn't make you second-class guest. Further, it is not unreasonable to expect a room free of foul smells especially at a property that pride itself with a 5-star ratings. The rating is not only about how nice is the building and furnishings, but it is also about the service and treatment. It was very stingy of the property's Thai staff to hold moving us to a different room until a lower category room opened enduring two uncomfortable nights. If they treat their elites in this manner, I don't want to know how they treat the other guests.

Regardless of how exotic and pristine the locality is and how many tours to be done there, having a room to come back to especially in the oppressive heat of Thailand is important, a refuge if you will. I stayed away from the room until around midnight, and leaving early at 5 AM to take a walk along the beautiful beaches and awesome hotel facilities (and hence the many photos) to return before breakfast for a shower.

We were there to enjoy the area and to celebrate Songkran, and not to waste much time haggling about rooms or worrying about getting nickled and dimed. Maybe we would had better results if we would interacted with upper management (westerners).
Old May 6, 2014, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Kalboz
I am cognizant that the IHG loyalty program is inferior in comparison to others as I very well know its T&C, but this is not what we are talking about here ... hear me out!

One major reason that people get hotel rooms is to get comfortable sleeping quarters. So, regardless of how you paid for the room, you are entitled to comfortable room where you can have a good night sleep. Paying with points doesn't make you second-class guest. Further, it is not unreasonable to expect a room free of foul smells especially at a property that pride itself with a 5-star ratings. The rating is not only about how nice is the building and furnishings, but it is also about the service and treatment. It was very stingy of the property's Thai staff to hold moving us to a different room until a lower category room opened enduring two uncomfortable nights. If they treat their elites in this manner, I don't want to know how they treat the other guests.

Regardless of how exotic and pristine the locality is and how many tours to be done there, having a room to come back to especially in the oppressive heat of Thailand is important, a refuge if you will. I stayed away from the room until around midnight, and leaving early at 5 AM to take a walk along the beautiful beaches and awesome hotel facilities (and hence the many photos) to return before breakfast for a shower.

We were there to enjoy the area and to celebrate Songkran, and not to waste much time haggling about rooms or worrying about getting nickled and dimed. Maybe we would had better results if we would interacted with upper management (westerners).
I wouldn't blame the Thai staff who invariably follow closely the line laid down by their management.

Whatever the room type given it should be acceptable without defects or weird smells granted.

Many IC properties don't give much in the way of upgrades for redemption stays. As a result when I really care about upgrades I simply pay for the room. With the Thai Baht at something of a low it hasn't been cheaper in recent years either.

If I want a holiday redemption then I opt for Starwood or Hilton (when I can find a property at normal redemption rates). I just don't think it is fair to have a go at the property for following the T&C's. You could have asked to pay to move to a better room after all. I agree though IHG is weak on recognising redemption stays (both for upgrade and counting for status).
Old Sep 13, 2014, 12:56 am

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
IC Hua Hin room upgrade

I just booked a room 1 KING GRANDE DELUXE and I see that this has now been upgraded to 1 KING CLUB PREMIER ROOM. Will I get club access cos I know some IC property just give the room upgrade with no club access. I am also extending the room nights with points. Will they ask us to move rooms??

Thank you!

Last edited by jexelot; Apr 20, 2015 at 9:39 am
Old Jan 13, 2016, 3:34 am

Be careful :
There is a complete new wing (Bluport Wing) accross the
(High Traffic) street !!, with meeting rooms and ballroom. There is not really much information about this new wing.

It looks that all rooms/balcony facing the street. ( But i am not sure)
Pool is in front of street the only photo i found is a graphic from the resort map : http://screencast.com/t/MXi2fHdY

All superior rooms are in this new wing:
There are 3 types:

Superior room
Superior studio
Superior suite

I made orginally booking mistakenly in this wing. Now I changed to beachwing. I will be there in two weeks , and make photos from the wing.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by Sandibeck
Be careful :
There is a complete new wing (Bluport Wing) accross the
(High Traffic) street !!, with meeting rooms and ballroom. There is not really much information about this new wing.

It looks that all rooms/balcony facing the street. ( But i am not sure)
Pool is in front of street the only photo i found is a graphic from the resort map : http://screencast.com/t/MXi2fHdY

All superior rooms are in this new wing:
There are 3 types:

Superior room
Superior studio
Superior suite

I made orginally booking mistakenly in this wing. Now I changed to beachwing. I will be there in two weeks , and make photos from the wing.
When I was there last time the place was a construction zone with a lot of noise - thinking of leaving early but the too lazy for that.
The construction should be hopefully done by now (but you might check and avoid if not).
The new building on the other side has a pedestrian bridge as a connection with the main building. New club lounge (in place of some of the old pool villas close to the beach on the right hand sice). Even after that still lots of issues. Breakfast area far too small for the number of guests and a few other issues.
Tell us please if there is still construction and if the new club lounge is in use. Supposedly it should have much better offerings than in the past, they told me they want to copy the lounge in Bali (which is one of the nicest in Asia).
Old Jan 15, 2016, 12:12 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Actually the Club Lounge Manager from Bali has been in Hua Hin to help them set up operations. If they get the place working there like she does in Bali then that would be great. We will have to wait and see for that though.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 2:53 am

As I promised here are some Photos of the new blueport wing.

Everythig is brandnew , you can smell everywhere the new painting colour.
The wing is across the street and is in the same building as the new blueport mall.
The new blueport mall will be 2 x bigger then the market village mall and will open this year late summer.

I asked the lady at the reception there are around 40 rooms, and the most of them facing the street.

But see the Photos

The bridge from main Hotel to the blueport wing

Left side Mall, (in Building phase) right side brandnew IC Blueport wing

View from bridge

Pool is on first floor, View from the bridge, facing the street, could not be imagine here relaxing,
you can hear heavy traffic, noisy, here you see also a part of the rooms balcony facing the street

Bridge view from the other side, no direct connection, just a bridge you have to use the main entry trough the lobby

The pool on first floor

some rooms looking left side, - there is a big lawn (think for banquettes and such things)

TBC

Last edited by Sandibeck; Jan 24, 2016 at 3:26 am
Old Jan 24, 2016, 3:05 am

This will be the Restaurant area. Blueport Guests will have breakfast in blueport wing (reception lady told me)
At the moment not open, will open next week on wednesday. At the moment Blueport wing guests have breakfast at the
main Building

Lobby area, signs to blueport mall (directly connected), Banquette and conference rooms

Lobby

One more pic from outside

Everything looks high standard, but its not resort feeling , its more business or city hotel feeling. So if you want resort then book main building
I am happy that I am made the upgrade to the main building

Last edited by Sandibeck; Jan 24, 2016 at 3:33 am
Old Jan 24, 2016, 3:16 am

Here some photos from the club . I dont know if this one is the new Cub or the old one. i am the first time at the hotel.
I dont have club access. I was asking for paying for the access, the would charge me 4000 Baht ++ per day, per room (not per person)
It is opposite from the azure beach restaurant directly in front of the beach. I do not know which service they provide. Made just some photos

Looks nice and upscale, but seems to expensive if not included in your room rate

Inside, only a few table, small but comfortable

Outside: small pool, only for club guests , a few more tables

Club entrance

few sunbeds only for club guests facing the main pool . also some tables with service

Last edited by Sandibeck; Jan 24, 2016 at 3:29 am
Old Jan 24, 2016, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Sandibeck
Here some photos from the club . I dont know if this one is the new Cub or the old one. i am the first time at the hotel.
I dont have club access. I was asking for paying for the access, the would charge me 4000 Baht ++ per day, per room (not per person)
It is opposite from the azure beach restaurant directly in front of the beach. I do not know which service they provide. Made just some photos

Looks nice and upscale, but seems to expensive if not included in your room rate
That is the new club. The old club was next to the reception (the next room atthe right when you walk in from the street). The new one is close to the beach in front of the right wing.
Looks like better to avoid the new part across the street. Also avoid rooms in the building above reception. Too much street noise from my experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.