Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 2, 2018, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
Hua Min usual/planned RA Room Upgrades
Ref email Feb2018 to fellow RA member SHOVEN for Stay Apr2018 regards their usual/planned RA Room Upgrades
(I added from their pot as Shoven only has 37 FT posts so can't)
scubaccr

The Hotel just sent me the below as I'm planning a stay in April thought it might be of some use for others.

Regarding your enquiry, please find below step of room upgrade for Royal Ambassador Member for your reference,

BluPort WingReserve
Upgrade to
Superior Room - Superior Suite (BluPort Wing) or Premier Room (Beach Wing)
Superior Studio - Resort Classic Suite (Beach Wing)
Superior Suite - Premier Suite (Beach Wing)

Beach WingReserve
Upgrade to
Resort Classic Room - Premier Pool Terrace
Premier Room - Resort Classic Suite
Premier Pool Terrace - Premier Suite
Resort Classic Suite - Premier Suite
Premier Suite / Club InterContinental Suite - No upgrade
Print Wikipost

IC Resort Hua Hin Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2021, 6:52 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by Fims
Maybe you were there at very high tide. Hyatt has the seawall, but all hotels have that. I would say that usually the water from Hyatt is as far as from IC and you can have a nice long walk from one to another if you wish, by the beach.

I like Marriott Rayong as well, extra bonus as they are also having free SUP rentals. But for walking along the beach, the sand at Hua Hin is better. For being inside the water, indeed, Rayong is a bit more clean.

I think with all hotels in Thailand these days - no need to book long in advance as those long out rates are inflated with a hope of "surge" coming in. Which seems quite unlikely to happen this year, unless they open up the country without numerous tests for vaccinated travellers. I currently feel that most Sandboxers in Phuket are likely returning expats who prefer having access to fresh air during the 2 week relaxed quarantine.
Hey, I resemble that last remark, as when I get back from my trip to the US in October, I just won't feel like staying at the Hyatt Place in Bangkok for 14 days without a balcony and only 45 minutes of outside time allowed. Plus my Thai GF will be fully vax'd by then and she should be able to come and stay with me, after the first two days of required "lockdown."

I think the latest lockdown extension will bring down rates, again. The GH Bangkok is still priced at about THB2500 most days, even into late November.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 12:20 am

Just a quick update. Currently back at the hotel after more than 3 years. I will post more at the Royal Ambassador Forum in a few days.

This hotel was one of my favoured ICs in the past. Not any more. They cut back severely. Staff is still friendly and polite. But:
- They did not honor the required upgrade for Royal Ambassadors and offered just a few points or some credit for F+B
- They moved the club lounge back from the dedicated building close to the beach to some room next to reception. The space is far too small for the amount of guests with club access, no view. Mediocre to unedible food offerings for happy hour, high tea is ok, but not great. Staff is nice and attentive. The former club lounge is now a restaurant
- Breakfast in the club lounge is a joke. No hot options, just a few cold items. Not sure why they even offer it.
- Breakfast at the main restaurant is overcrowded. They opened the blueport wing on the other side of the main road and now there are too many guests for the restaurant space which they did not expand. Staff is struggling with the amount of guests and some are trying to do their best. Offering is pretty mediocre. If you order iced latte without suger you have a 50 % chance of getting one with sugar. And that is after a wait which can be 15 minutes.
- With all the additional guests the pool area/beach can be too crowded

It is still not a bad hotel, but not even close to the top of my list like before any more. Also be very careful what room you book. The Blueport is across the busy street (there is a pedestrian bridge) and feels disconnected from the restaurant/pool/beach area. Rooms in the building where the reception is are noisy from the street. Rooms in the building next to it (where the breakfast restaurant is) are noisy because of the music they are playing all night. Also rooms show their age. Some rooms have a weird layout. The 'suite' we had was just one big room with a big balcony. A huge bath tub in the bathroom and another juge jacuzzi tub on the balcony. Both take more than half an hour to fill....
Look like the better rooms are in the two side wings.
scwam likes this.

Last edited by Unterwegs; Jan 12, 2023 at 10:25 pm
Old Apr 16, 2023, 2:20 pm

We are booked in a club pool terrace room and we are IC ambassador level. I know they do one level upgrades but we want to keep the pool terrace access. Would they take this into consideration?
Old Apr 28, 2023, 9:35 pm

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Just a quick update to the club breakfast situation they now have menu of a la carte items you can order in addition to the continental buffet. Previously when we was here in November it was just the standard egg type order on a slip of paper.

Cthunder86 likes this.
Old May 12, 2023, 5:10 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Have heard while staying here that the property will begin renovations in September although sounds like it will not be a full closure rather a floor by floor process.

It appears that the majority of the senior team from the GM down has been changed over recent months and alot of change is planned for the property.
Old Jul 15, 2023, 10:53 pm

Programs: Spire Ambassdor
We are thrilled to announce the upcoming comprehensive renovation of our Beach Wing at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort. From 20th August to 15th November 2023, we'll be enhancing your experience to new heights.

While the Beach Wing undergoes transformation, our renowned Bluport Wing (City Wing) will remain fully operational, offering exceptional service, breathtaking views, and access to CAFÉ DE KHOI, Le Colonial, Saraan Lounge, and the outdoor swimming pool.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and assure you that your comfort and satisfaction remain our top priority.

Book now! https://bit.ly/3AU3z2N​
LINE: https://lin.ee/F5Ptndb​
Inbox: m.me/interconhuahin​
Tel: +66 (0) 32 616999

Old Jul 16, 2023, 3:04 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
In 3 months, even with a closed Beach Wing, I'm not sure how "comprehensive" the renovations will be. Sounds more like a fresh coat of paint, swapping some furniture, probably carpet/ floor things and such, but in that time period it can't be a gut and rebuild job (not saying that is needed in the first place). Anyways, an ambitious timeline nonetheless.

​​​​​I for one would not stay at the Blueport Wing, regardless how they praise it themselves. It's just not the same than the Beach Wing in my book, but as always YMMV.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by demue
In 3 months, even with a closed Beach Wing, I'm not sure how "comprehensive" the renovations will be. Sounds more like a fresh coat of paint, swapping some furniture, probably carpet/ floor things and such, but in that time period it can't be a gut and rebuild job (not saying that is needed in the first place). Anyways, an ambitious timeline nonetheless.

​​​​​I for one would not stay at the Blueport Wing, regardless how they praise it themselves. It's just not the same than the Beach Wing in my book, but as always YMMV.
Completely agree. The blueport wing is part of a shopping mall on the other side of a busy road and more like a city hotel than a resort.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 4:28 am

I'm at the resort now and heard the staff have been warned of a possible overrun of the renovations already.

The good news if your a regular the staff have all been offered to be retained on basic salary and the option of using holidays / owed days while it happens with some being offered other roles for the period.

It does sound like it's more of freshen up and to be fair it's no where near as dated at BKK was it sounds like one area that will ne modified is the club lounge with a bar area of some sort.

I will see what I hear over this coming week and report back.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 4:30 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Any updates? I’m hoping renovations won’t have delays.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 1:47 pm

Just booked for March, anyone have any recent experiences to share? TIA.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by travellingjake
I went last year
​​​​​​https://stuartstravelblog.co.uk/the-...-hotel-hua-hin
travellingjake likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 9:09 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by travellingjake
I stayed after the renovations ended in late November. What would you like to know?
Old Jan 28, 2024, 2:34 am

Thanks for sharing. The club lounge sounds great.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 2:35 am

Was just interested in general feel for the place, any tips to make best of the stay, is the club lounge worth the upgrade. Any insights at all really. Also interested to know of Ambassador experience. I have a mix of reward and cash (luxury & lifestyle rate) booking so not sure what, if any, recognition that’ll get. Thanks.

Last edited by travellingjake; Jan 28, 2024 at 5:22 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.