Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 2, 2018, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
Hua Min usual/planned RA Room Upgrades
Ref email Feb2018 to fellow RA member SHOVEN for Stay Apr2018 regards their usual/planned RA Room Upgrades
(I added from their pot as Shoven only has 37 FT posts so can't)
scubaccr

The Hotel just sent me the below as I'm planning a stay in April thought it might be of some use for others.

Regarding your enquiry, please find below step of room upgrade for Royal Ambassador Member for your reference,

BluPort WingReserve
Upgrade to
Superior Room - Superior Suite (BluPort Wing) or Premier Room (Beach Wing)
Superior Studio - Resort Classic Suite (Beach Wing)
Superior Suite - Premier Suite (Beach Wing)

Beach WingReserve
Upgrade to
Resort Classic Room - Premier Pool Terrace
Premier Room - Resort Classic Suite
Premier Pool Terrace - Premier Suite
Resort Classic Suite - Premier Suite
Premier Suite / Club InterContinental Suite - No upgrade
Print Wikipost

IC Resort Hua Hin Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2020, 4:55 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Okay, as several folks asked me I'm sharing what I was officially quoted. Please keep in mind that this is for a one night upgrade from a Superior Room in Blueport Wing (reward night) in conjunction with a preceding 2 night AMB weekend cert stay booked for a Club Hua Hin suite.

1) THB 5k + 17.x% tax and service to Club Hua Hin Suite
2) THB 7k + 17.x% tax and service to Club Premier Suite

Option 1) assumes forgoing the Club Premier Suite upgrade for nights 1&2. That worked for us as we prefer the Hua Hin suite with the Jacuzzi on the balcony over the larger Premier Suite.

One point to note, there seem to be different upsell rates for people trying to upgrade a point booking vs. a paid booking. I didn't see the rates, but based in the conversation that was the impression I got. YMMV.

Ohh, it also appears that even a points booking gets upgraded to Classic Room in Beach Wing for AMB which the hotel is not required to do.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 5:04 am

Some years ago the upsell rate for just club access was 2500++.

About the upgrade on reward nights. The have to do that now. Amb terms and conditions changed.

They confirmed this to me in person.

I never use points there. As RA it is best to book superior suite to get the club suite.

As amb I would recommend to book the club room if you want the hua hin suite including club access. The best flex difference between premier room and club room is still 2800++. So this is what they should charge for club access only.

By the way. In November they told me about their renovation plans. New flooring and some more things.

Last edited by nrgetik; Jan 21, 2020 at 5:34 am
Old Jan 21, 2020, 5:57 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I'm using points for one night as the rate for a Superior room that day is 8k++ THB, the Club Hua Hin Suite is 13.5k++ THB that night, no thanks. Pretty decent value for 35k points in my book and I'll get 3.5k points back too as AMB due to 10% redemption rebate.

I hear you on the Club Upsell, reminds me of IC Bali where it went from 60USD as long time guest to 80, 120, 150 and now they just quote the difference between Best Flex for the different room types and don't care if you had 100+ nights there over the years. YMMV.

For what it's worth, I negotiated a better upsell rate, but agreed to keep that confidential.

Last edited by demue; Jan 21, 2020 at 10:21 pm
Old Jan 21, 2020, 8:44 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by demue
Okay, as several folks asked me I'm sharing what I was officially quoted. Please keep in mind that this is for a one night upgrade from a Superior Room in Blueport Wing (reward night) in conjunction with a preceding 2 night AMB weekend cert stay booked for a Club Hua Hin suite.

1) THB 5k + 17.x% tax and service to Club Hua Hin Suite
2) THB 7k + 17.x% tax and service to Club Premier Suite

Option 1) assumes forgoing the Club Premier Suite upgrade for nights 1&2. That worked for us as we prefer the Hua Hin suite with the Jacuzzi on the balcony over the larger Premier Suite.

One point to note, there seem to be different upsell rates for people trying to upgrade a point booking vs. a paid booking. I didn't see the rates, but based in the conversation that was the impression I got. YMMV.

Ohh, it also appears that even a points booking gets upgraded to Classic Room in Beach Wing for AMB which the hotel is not required to do.
Much appreciated, I'm probably planning around 8-10 nights with the majority paid or Amb Cert. This gives me a nice data point for the last 2/3 nights which will be on points.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 11:26 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
I think for the most part it is better to pay rather than use points as generally the rates are pretty low there, apart from the weekend which can be high due to the demand from bangkok.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by shoven
I think for the most part it is better to pay rather than use points as generally the rates are pretty low there, apart from the weekend which can be high due to the demand from bangkok.
Agreed, I have my own valuation target for points and in this case I can safely say it is decent value in my book at ~1 US cent per point depending on what the FX rate will be in the end. It is a stay around an extended weekend incl. public holiday, hence the higher rates.

With rates starting in the 4-5k THB range I wouldn't bother with points either. YMMV.

Last edited by demue; Jan 21, 2020 at 10:20 pm
Old Jan 21, 2020, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by nrgetik
About the upgrade on reward nights. The have to do that now. Amb terms and conditions changed. They confirmed this to me in person.
Thanks, I guess I need to reread the T&Cs as that one slipped past me. Would be a welcome change for otherwise still scarce benefits on reward stays.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 12:10 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by shoven
Agreed, but when you are points rich and know they will be devalued at some point again?
Old Mar 22, 2020, 6:34 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Any update on pricing of upgrades from base room redemptions?
Old Mar 22, 2020, 8:18 pm

Just cancelled our stay over Easter. Had an agreement for 3.7k THB from points room (1 night) following an AMB FWNC.

With Thailand requiring a 72hrs old COVID-19 certificate / negative test it is as good as an entry restriction. Try to get that as a healthy person over people who need tests more urgently, no thanks. I wish the Thai Authorities were more clear on their plans as this doesn't help with flight cancellations and such. Well it's Thailand so why am I surprised.

So unless your trip is far in the future you better check what hotel services are still operating. YMMV.

Last edited by demue; Mar 23, 2020 at 8:08 pm
Old Jun 29, 2020, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
One night at this property currently prices at 26,250 Points for a standard room which is pretty good. Upgrade to Club/Club Suite would be 5k++ I take it based on the posts above.

On the other hand I could get the Hyatt for ~ 5k THB all in including a generous resort credit, suite and club.

Tough choice.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 11:02 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
Any recent stays? What is the situation with the hotel? Planning on a stay over Christmas break and was surprised to see no activity on this for over a year.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 12:11 pm

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
I drove past it a few times earlier this year, but did not stay. They have been selling quite actively packages for domestic Thai tourists. I saw some of their sales team members at the sales events in Bangkok malls, but the deals they were selling were inferior to those of Marriott or Hilton and on the top of that, they said that no Ambassador benefits offered (or point earnings) with local sales. I see that you are also having Hilton and Marriott statuses - you can also consider those. Marriott has better breakfast than Hilton, especially on Sundays. I would say that rooms at Marriott are better than Hilton as well, but Hilton has better balconies. As Hilton Diamond I also got very modest upgrade to Executive room, even when suites were available. After some negotiations got at least that Executive room on the nicer side of view (Southern/Centara view). But personally, I would actually recommend Hyatt Regency. The property is spacious, nice garden feeling, good F&B, widest beachfront of all hotels in Hua Hin.
minz56 likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 5:52 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by Fims
I drove past it a few times earlier this year, but did not stay. They have been selling quite actively packages for domestic Thai tourists. I saw some of their sales team members at the sales events in Bangkok malls, but the deals they were selling were inferior to those of Marriott or Hilton and on the top of that, they said that no Ambassador benefits offered (or point earnings) with local sales. I see that you are also having Hilton and Marriott statuses - you can also consider those. Marriott has better breakfast than Hilton, especially on Sundays. I would say that rooms at Marriott are better than Hilton as well, but Hilton has better balconies. As Hilton Diamond I also got very modest upgrade to Executive room, even when suites were available. After some negotiations got at least that Executive room on the nicer side of view (Southern/Centara view). But personally, I would actually recommend Hyatt Regency. The property is spacious, nice garden feeling, good F&B, widest beachfront of all hotels in Hua Hin.
Hyatt has a beach now???? Last time we were there, stayed at the IC, there was no beach that far south, as the water came right up to the "seawall." It really doesn't matter, as the water is filthy, murky and often full of jellyfish. The pools are nice at the Hyatt, as well as the IC. We prefer the Rayong area, as the beaches are beautiful, and the water is clean, especially at the Marriott Resort property, which also has a spectacular pool-actually more like pools.

I see that the IC is trying to price their rooms later this year at about THB 5400++ per night, which is terrible, especially if they put you in the new building across the street by the mall. Should come way down as the Big Boss just said today we're in for another 2 months of lockdown. We'll see.
Old Aug 15, 2021, 12:40 pm

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
Originally Posted by rbAA
Hyatt has a beach now???? Last time we were there, stayed at the IC, there was no beach that far south, as the water came right up to the "seawall." It really doesn't matter, as the water is filthy, murky and often full of jellyfish. The pools are nice at the Hyatt, as well as the IC. We prefer the Rayong area, as the beaches are beautiful, and the water is clean, especially at the Marriott Resort property, which also has a spectacular pool-actually more like pools.

I see that the IC is trying to price their rooms later this year at about THB 5400++ per night, which is terrible, especially if they put you in the new building across the street by the mall. Should come way down as the Big Boss just said today we're in for another 2 months of lockdown. We'll see.
Maybe you were there at very high tide. Hyatt has the seawall, but all hotels have that. I would say that usually the water from Hyatt is as far as from IC and you can have a nice long walk from one to another if you wish, by the beach.

I like Marriott Rayong as well, extra bonus as they are also having free SUP rentals. But for walking along the beach, the sand at Hua Hin is better. For being inside the water, indeed, Rayong is a bit more clean.

I think with all hotels in Thailand these days - no need to book long in advance as those long out rates are inflated with a hope of "surge" coming in. Which seems quite unlikely to happen this year, unless they open up the country without numerous tests for vaccinated travellers. I currently feel that most Sandboxers in Phuket are likely returning expats who prefer having access to fresh air during the 2 week relaxed quarantine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.