Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 2, 2018, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
Hua Min usual/planned RA Room Upgrades
Ref email Feb2018 to fellow RA member SHOVEN for Stay Apr2018 regards their usual/planned RA Room Upgrades
(I added from their pot as Shoven only has 37 FT posts so can't)
scubaccr

The Hotel just sent me the below as I'm planning a stay in April thought it might be of some use for others.

Regarding your enquiry, please find below step of room upgrade for Royal Ambassador Member for your reference,

BluPort WingReserve
Upgrade to
Superior Room - Superior Suite (BluPort Wing) or Premier Room (Beach Wing)
Superior Studio - Resort Classic Suite (Beach Wing)
Superior Suite - Premier Suite (Beach Wing)

Beach WingReserve
Upgrade to
Resort Classic Room - Premier Pool Terrace
Premier Room - Resort Classic Suite
Premier Pool Terrace - Premier Suite
Resort Classic Suite - Premier Suite
Premier Suite / Club InterContinental Suite - No upgrade
Print Wikipost

IC Resort Hua Hin Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2011, 8:34 am

Programs: NW Diamond, LH SEN, PC Spire - RA, TG PlatHyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by sultanbinaber
Minibar
Snacks are also included for RA.
Is it written somewhere or you were told so? My letter of RA benefits clearly say that only alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages are complimentary.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 1:57 pm

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge
Well I deceided to try the IC in 2 weeks time but I just could not get myself to book the villa (but thanks to Unterwegs for his comments).

So I booked a 2 TWIN PREMIER POOL TERRACE on a good corporate rate and within 1 hour it was upgraded to a 1 KING PREMIER SUITE which seams to be the highest level of suite.

Now I saw the wonderfull video of bartla but I'm wondering, are there also premier suites on the lower floor so that I can get the direct dip into the share pool? I really would like to have a pool terrace even if the 1st floor can look down on me ;-)

Any comment welcome.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by sven60035

Now I saw the wonderfull video of bartla but I'm wondering, are there also premier suites on the lower floor so that I can get the direct dip into the share pool? I really would like to have a pool terrace even if the 1st floor can look down on me ;-)

Any comment welcome.

Hi Sven,

Yes, there are premier suites with pool terrace (just two I think). Enjoy your stay!

Bart
Old Feb 26, 2011, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
Thanks for this post.
What room have you booked to get this upgrade?
You say you can see the pool of the villa next your yours - are these two villas somehow connected? I'm thinking of booking two villas, since we are two couples travelling - would it be possible to get from one pool/garden to the other?

Thanks!
I booked a mid priced room (i think it was a junior suite in the main building). A second couple travelling with us (ambassador) booked the cheapest room and got upgraded to the room we had originally booked.
They told me normally they don't upgrade to the villa, so you need to check.
The entrance to the villas is from the main pool area to the right. There is a small walkway and the entrance doors of the three villas are close to each other in a fairly private area. Also each pool area has a gate to the beach. There is no direct connection - at least for our villa which was the one with the biggest pool area to the next.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 9:23 pm

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge
Thanks to everyone who helped making up my mind, I got ugraded to a Premier Pool Suite in the north wing which is great, sure not as private as the Villa but really good as it has the end of the shared pool and the suite itself is hughe.

Now the hard product as most here say is great, but the service is shaky, this place has potential, let's see how the rest of the week goes.

Anybody else here right now?
Old Mar 6, 2011, 9:25 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
InterContinental Hua Hin

It's on sale here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15987429-post411.html
Old Mar 7, 2011, 2:28 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Nice price, however, as this is a members only sales channel one cannot use the IC lowest possible rate guarantee and get it reduced by a further 10%
Old Mar 8, 2011, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by demue
Nice price, however, as this is a members only sales channel one cannot use the IC lowest possible rate guarantee and get it reduced by a further 10%
Hi

I have booked Bangkok for Christmas 2011 and Hua Hin for the new year.

I have used F&F

Would I have been better booking IC lowest possible rate guarantee and get it reduced by a further 10%?

I have called Ambassador and they say no benefits when booked F&F.

No monies have yet been charged to my card, does this mean I could make changes to my booking and then have Ambassador benefits.

Thank you

Last edited by easybeds; Mar 8, 2011 at 3:39 am
Old Mar 31, 2011, 1:23 pm

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Saving of 7.63% due to Tax error

The Tax being charged by the hotel is 0.07% instead of 7.7%.

The Service Tax is charged as 10% as its supposed to be.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 5:04 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by easybeds
Hi

I have booked Bangkok for Christmas 2011 and Hua Hin for the new year.
Make sure to check with them on the mandatory New Years eve dinner event. When I was there in Dec 2009 (just after opening) they wanted some ridiculuos amount of 8.5K THB per person mandatory no choice if you stayed the night of Dec 31 to Jan 1.

Now for that amount of money I can have some crazy party in Thailand even at a 5* hotel. It was some sit down dinner at larger tables where you sit together with some strangers. Not my cup of tea. So I asked if I could pay the money and use it as F&B credit during my stay instead but no dice.

So when they were uncooperative I just shortened my stay by 2 nights and departed on Dec 31 for BKK wher ewe had a lovely time at the IC with no forced gala dinner. We had a table at the Four Seasons great Italian restaurant that night with a nice menu and wine and prosecco and it cost us 5k THB a person which was still much cheaper then IC Hua Hin.

Don't get me wrong, I like the property very much but that was just stupid.
Old May 1, 2011, 6:31 am

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
Originally Posted by kats
Does anybody have the e-mail address of this hotel? I want to make some requests for my stay this weekend.
does anybody have their email address?

Thanks!
Old Jul 3, 2011, 2:56 pm

award upgrade

Does intercontinental offer upgrades on award bookings? I am platinum and will be traveling to Hua Hin this fall and plan to use points.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 8:21 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: JAL Global Club, One World Sapphire, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold
My cousin and I were upgraded to Duplex suites at IC Bali on a Pointsbreak stay in 07. ^
Old Jul 3, 2011, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by dwsebert
Does intercontinental offer upgrades on award bookings? I am platinum and will be traveling to Hua Hin this fall and plan to use points.
Do not expect anything at IC as a PC Platinum. If you want to get an upgrade, buy Ambassador membership (which the previous poster has).
Old Jul 4, 2011, 12:34 am

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by jexelot
does anybody have their email address?

Thanks!
Well, two months too late I guess, but anyway; [email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.