Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 2, 2018, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
Hua Min usual/planned RA Room Upgrades
Ref email Feb2018 to fellow RA member SHOVEN for Stay Apr2018 regards their usual/planned RA Room Upgrades
(I added from their pot as Shoven only has 37 FT posts so can't)
scubaccr

The Hotel just sent me the below as I'm planning a stay in April thought it might be of some use for others.

Regarding your enquiry, please find below step of room upgrade for Royal Ambassador Member for your reference,

BluPort WingReserve
Upgrade to
Superior Room - Superior Suite (BluPort Wing) or Premier Room (Beach Wing)
Superior Studio - Resort Classic Suite (Beach Wing)
Superior Suite - Premier Suite (Beach Wing)

Beach WingReserve
Upgrade to
Resort Classic Room - Premier Pool Terrace
Premier Room - Resort Classic Suite
Premier Pool Terrace - Premier Suite
Resort Classic Suite - Premier Suite
Premier Suite / Club InterContinental Suite - No upgrade
Print Wikipost

IC Resort Hua Hin Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2012, 12:56 am

Programs: Royal Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold
IC Hua Hin

My wife and me have been there last autumn at the end of the rainy-season.

The property is very nice and so are the rooms. Breakfast is also magnificient.
There were not many guests at that time. On the weekend breakfast was buffet-style. In the week it was a la carte, combined with buffet (bread, fruits, etc.)

This was even better than the full buffet. The friendly waiters gave us menu-cards with some hot asian breakfast items to choose from. All was prepared a la minute and served to the table. It was great.

The pools are also very nice. Not nice is the beach. In the rainy season, both the sand and the water were extremely dirty and polluted. Hua Hin is not so far from Bangkok and the Mekong Delta. It´s far away from beeing a tropical paradise. Hua Hin itself has grown a lot in the last years. We have been there 20 years ago and it was very quiet and athmospheric. Now there are a lot of faceless concrete buildings and the traffic is a nightmare. Directly behind the IC Hua Hin is a road that reminded me at a "German Stadtautobahn in the middle of the Ruhrgebiet at rush-hour". It was very dangerous to cross this road.

In total the hotel is very nice, but I keep asking me, why to fly 12 hours into the tropics and then to be staying in an over develloped and largly polluted area. Maybe the IC on Kho Samui is a much better choice.
I have to admit, that generally I am much disappointed with South East Asia.

Some years ago it was paradise with it´s own culture, now it´s dominated by american style shopping malls, high traffic and dirty beaches.

Recently I have been on Bali: same experience here. Extremely dirty beaches full of rubish. High traffic: by car from Jimbaran IC to Kuta (less than 5 KM) took us 90 minutes.

In the future we will concentrate on other areas. The beaches in Dubai or Abu Dhabi are very nice and clean and in the States beaches are also well kept. Asia has so many people, the once beautiful nature is on decline.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Kubi
Hua Hin is not so far from Bangkok and the Mekong Delta.
You might want to check a map

Couldn't agree more about the path taken by southeast Asian resorts. I am just grateful to be old enough to have experienced some of them in a more original state.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:42 am

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold
RA Upgrade and Hilton

Hi, if I book King premier what upgarde as RA do I get?
Cant find it here...
How far is the hotel from the Hilton Hua Hin away?
Old Sep 29, 2012, 3:55 am

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
Due to the extortionate rates at whatever hotel during the Christmas /New year period in Thailand (Phuket/Pattaya) IHG hotels at least 10000++ for a decent room)I opted for another stay at the IC HuaHin with a King Suite going for 15000++ .Not exactly happy paying that rate but in terms of bang per buck ,offered the best value . In the past Ive been RA upgraded to this suite as well as the Premier -

The big question is - will i be upgraded to one of those beachside 'Villas' ? That surely would be a 2 level upgrade from King Suite? Thoughts /rate whinges welcome.....
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:14 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Originally Posted by docklander
Due to the extortionate rates at whatever hotel during the Christmas /New year period in Thailand (Phuket/Pattaya) IHG hotels at least 10000++ for a decent room)I opted for another stay at the IC HuaHin with a King Suite going for 15000++ .Not exactly happy paying that rate but in terms of bang per buck ,offered the best value . In the past Ive been RA upgraded to this suite as well as the Premier -

The big question is - will i be upgraded to one of those beachside 'Villas' ? That surely would be a 2 level upgrade from King Suite? Thoughts /rate whinges welcome.....
docklander,

you could always send an email to the property and ask which room will they upgrade you to.

yeah i know that the rates between christmas - new year is horrific in thailand. I am leaving hua hin on the 18th this year and am glad because a couple days later the rates are doubled.

synd
Old Sep 30, 2012, 2:40 pm

Synd

Many thanks for the reply . I did drop them an email and it seems I get a Premier Suite which though I do prefer to a King Suite,is just a one level upgrade .However the hotel does see fully booked so one level is better than no level I suppose...and with the cheapest rooms at the CP in PHuket now from 14k ++, 15k ++ for a fairly decent suite looks a relative bargain.

Yep,sans children no way would I book the Christmas period in Thailand and like yourself would have opted for earlier in December or perhaps later in January.Perusing other IC resorts in SE Asia it's very much the same story.oh well -Mai pen rai eh!

Cheers

Docklander
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Due to the extortionate rates at whatever hotel during the Christmas /New year period in Thailand (Phuket/Pattaya) ..
that's what the points are for, right?
Old Oct 1, 2012, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
that's what the points are for, right?

Well yes,if you re organised and book way in advance.Having said that last year I got a short notice stay on points for a week in early January .

Incidentally the hotel replied to my upgrade query to beachside villa .....and they said the highest upgrade they do is to Premier Suite.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 9:54 am

Today I received an email concerning my forthcoming stay . Enquired whether i wanted to attend the Baht 8000++ per head Gala thing . To be honest I wouldnt go even if it was 80 ....but 8000 .Ridiculous

The next bit did grate me when they requested a nights deposit to guarantee my stay .I had to remind them i had a Best Flex booking that already guaranteed it until 6pm 23 December .

The one useful bit of information required was would i want a child bed.I replied that i would .1500 ++ per night i reckon.Soon find out

I reckon 180000 for 8 nights total - bit of an ouch . Mini Bar you have been warned

Thing is I still reckon at 155OO ++ a night i am still getting the best bang for my buck out of all other IHG possibilties for that time of year in Thailand.Extraordinary though it sounds.

Noticed I have now been given a pool villa.....now all eyes on the giant pad next door.

Last edited by docklander; Dec 16, 2012 at 9:34 am
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:29 am

Programs: some
Today I received an email concerning my forthcoming stay . Enquired whether i wanted to attend the Baht 8000++ per head Gala thing . To be honest I wouldnt go even if it was 80 ....but 8000 .Ridiculous

The next bit did grate me when they requested a nights deposit to guarantee my stay .I had to remind them i had a Best Flex booking that already guaranteed it until 6pm 23 December .

The one useful bit of information required was would i want a child bed.I replied that i would .1500 ++ per night i reckon.Soon find out

I reckon 180000 for 8 nights total - bit of an ouch . Mini Bar you have been warned

Thing is I still reckon at 155OO ++ a night i am still getting the best bang for my buck out of all other IHG possibilties for that time of year in Thailand.Extraordinary though it sounds.
Received the same e-mail. did not accept the deposit but went for the Gala Dinner (New Years) as we don't have any appetite to shop for another nice location. I guess see you in Hua Hin....
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by verve
Received the same e-mail. did not accept the deposit but went for the Gala Dinner (New Years) as we don't have any appetite to shop for another nice location. I guess see you in Hua Hin....

Ah good - glad you didnt .I just posted another thread about it .

Great seafood location on the pier downtown btw. C U in HH !
Old Aug 28, 2013, 10:02 am

One question

When I book a Standard Deluxe Room , do this rooms facing to the street ?, or are they in the "second" main building ?
Old Aug 28, 2013, 4:39 pm

Programs: IHG
Standard rooms are in the main building, backing towards the street. The main window/balcony faces the ocean.

There are a handful of suites on the top floor of the main building too. I asked to be moved out of such a suite due to road noise.

Good to see this property still receives glowing reviews, the staff here work hard to make stays special.

My first visit here cost under US$100 per night.

Last edited by midnight; Aug 28, 2013 at 4:46 pm
Old Aug 29, 2013, 12:47 am

Thank you

So, are the the rooms in the mainbuilding very noisy ?

Wich ist the cheapest room type, out of the mainbuilding ?

When I book a standard room, and buy the ambassador membership, do i get a upgrade out of the mainbuilding ?
Old Jan 12, 2014, 6:19 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Any new updates on benefits for lowly Platinum? Ambassador? for an award stay.

Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.