Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2012, 11:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Can someone advise if Conference Rate would be a qualifying stay? I was staying in San Francisco and could have booked an IC there at the rate Macworld negotiated with them. Instead I booked HI (blehhh ) in a SF getto but was guaranteed tons of points (4 day stay yielded over 13K). Should I have booked an IC instead? I know that it would only pay 2K plus bonuses but I would get an extra credit towards Accelerator. So, for the future I would be interested to know about Conference Rate rules. Thanks.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 1:35 pm

Programs: IC Plat Amb, Kimpton Inner Circle, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by foxberg
I know that it would only pay 2K plus bonuses but I would get an extra credit towards Accelerator.
Not sure if the rate you mention would actually qualify, but if it does you would now get 10pt/$ under the new earning rules.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by cjk177
Not sure if the rate you mention would actually qualify, but if it does you would now get 10pt/$ under the new earning rules.
Now - yes, but for the period of 1/24 - 1/29 I wouldn't have had.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 11:23 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, CO Gold, AA Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold, Citigroup Chairman
Multiple rooms ra

If I book multiple rooms as an ra, will benefits only apply to one room? Also, ra benefits are for any paid rate, right? Even those booked via a third party.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:57 pm

Yes and Yes (assuming your PC/AMB number is in the booking).
Old Dec 13, 2012, 8:14 am

Programs: DL FO, PC PL AMB, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by foxberg
Can someone advise if Conference Rate would be a qualifying stay? I was staying in San Francisco and could have booked an IC there at the rate Macworld negotiated with them. Instead I booked HI (blehhh ) in a SF getto but was guaranteed tons of points (4 day stay yielded over 13K). Should I have booked an IC instead? I know that it would only pay 2K plus bonuses but I would get an extra credit towards Accelerator. So, for the future I would be interested to know about Conference Rate rules. Thanks.
As a data point, I recently had a 6 night stay at the IC San Francisco under a conference rate and it went to my account as a non-qualifying stay.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 8:38 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Smile

Originally Posted by FluvialFlyer
As a data point, I recently had a 6 night stay at the IC San Francisco under a conference rate and it went to my account as a non-qualifying stay.
the IC's have or about to commence earning @ 10 points per $ spend same as the other brands, 15 for RA's
Old Dec 16, 2012, 7:41 pm

Programs: DL FO, PC PL AMB, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
the IC's have or about to commence earning @ 10 points per $ spend same as the other brands, 15 for RA's
And that was my experience earlier this year at both the IC Montreal and IC New Orleans. Unfortunately, "non-qualifying" (due to a conference rate in this case) still means 0 points, even though I spent ~5x as much as the earlier stays. C'est la vie.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 7:58 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by FluvialFlyer
And that was my experience earlier this year at both the IC Montreal and IC New Orleans. Unfortunately, "non-qualifying" (due to a conference rate in this case) still means 0 points, even though I spent ~5x as much as the earlier stays. C'est la vie.
actually I should have qualified that statement, North America and the Caribbean, maybe Latin America? not the rest of the world yet, hope they start Asia Pacific and Europe et al 10 x/ 15 x for Plats/RA's
Old Jan 1, 2013, 4:17 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by soitgoes
In your welcome or renewal letter you will receive a numeric code and instructions.
You go to http://intercontinental.com/AmbassadorVoucher , provide your member number, voucher number, and an e-mail address and click "Deposit Points". The points are instantly added to your account (you may need to log out and log in again to see them, but they will be there).

The standard point voucher redemption page will also work: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/1/en/dpoints
Both links don't work any more. http://priorityclub.com/voucher doesn't work either.

Still working is this: http://www.priorityclub.com/deposit.

Cheers, HTB.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 10:43 am

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
I had the IC SFO post as a non-qualifying point stay.....due to being a Conference rate. Called Ambassador and after some brief discussion, they agreed the points were due. I dont think this should have happened but it was a fair amount of points!!
Old Jan 3, 2013, 4:13 am

I am pretty disappointed. I stayed for 58 nights at IHG properties in 2012. My last stay was a few nights back. I have stayed at 8 different Intercontinental Hotels in 4 continents. I did not move over to Royal Ambassador status on the 55 night. They are now telling me it is 70-80 nights. Very disappointing! Any advise on what I should say or do with them to get a revision?
Old Jan 3, 2013, 7:02 am

Does anyone know the link for Ambassador weekend rates?

www.intercontinental.com/AMBWeekend doesn't seem to work anymore - sends me back to the standard reservations page.

TIA
Old Jan 3, 2013, 7:35 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by juniorsu
Does anyone know the link for Ambassador weekend rates?

www.intercontinental.com/AMBWeekend doesn't seem to work anymore - sends me back to the standard reservations page.

TIA
Please have a look at this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...t-voucher.html and follow the discussion there as this is a thread dedicated to the free weekend night voucher, while this thread is more general.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/ihg/hot...eference=IBAMB might work sometimes
Old Jan 3, 2013, 3:31 pm

Thanks for the link! Very helpful.

One additional question (sorry!): I'm looking at the Intercontinental New Orleans, and they have the following room types:
Price Point A: 1 KING BED SUPERIOR / 2 DOUBLE BEDS SUPERIOR / 1 QUEEN BED / 2 QUEEN BEDS
Price Point B: KING BED DELUXE WITH BALCONY / 2 DOUBLE BEDS DELUXE WITH BALCONY
Price Point C: SUPERIOR ROOM / 1 KING BED CLUB INTERCONTINENTAL
Price Point D: 1 KING BED EXECUTIVE SUITE / QUEEN CORNER SUITE
Price Point E: QUEEN BED HOSPITALITY SUITE

Does this mean if, for example, I actually want something in Price Point D, I could book something in Price Point C and be guaranteed something in D or E (assuming availability)?

The jump from Price Point C to D is pretty big (normal room to suite).

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.