Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Old Feb 28, 2014, 12:10 pm

Currently --is ity possible that GM of a Priority hotel could upgrade a Plat level to Royal Amabassador. If yes, any hints as to specifics how ask?
Old Feb 28, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by best
Currently --is ity possible that GM of a Priority hotel could upgrade a Plat level to Royal Amabassador. If yes, any hints as to specifics how ask?
No, not a chance.
Old May 1, 2014, 10:34 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Sorry to ask this again, but for existing AMB getting a referral for RA, is the process still the same as this?

"There is no box on the RA referral form for existing Ambassadors to write their membership data. You should cross through the credit card lines and write somewhere on the form ‘Already Ambassador – PC number is 12345678’."

Thanks for sharing.
Old May 1, 2014, 12:12 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
That is still the current procedure.

mxm135
Old May 1, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Virgin Gold
Just out of interest, where do people get the referral certificates that pop up on ebay from? When you achieve the status do they send you that and these people are selling them?
Old May 1, 2014, 2:34 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by snevillio
Just out of interest, where do people get the referral certificates that pop up on ebay from? When you achieve the status do they send you that and these people are selling them?
1. All Earned RA's received an RA welcome pack at beginning of their RA year and pack includes the referral cert.

2. Some don't have colleagues, a they are either individuals travelong privately, or small business owners and thus have no colleagues to pass on to. with ebay rates of £500 and more they are tempted to sell onwards

3. In China their are many cities 'cheaper' IC's (compared to europe and the major USA cities like NY) so quite a lot of recently earned RAs. With no ebay they end up sellling onto 'consolidators' who then you see selling 6 or more in 3month period on ebay.
Old May 1, 2014, 6:32 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Virgin Gold
Originally Posted by scubaccr
1. All Earned RA's received an RA welcome pack at beginning of their RA year and pack includes the referral cert.

2. Some don't have colleagues, a they are either individuals travelong privately, or small business owners and thus have no colleagues to pass on to. with ebay rates of £500 and more they are tempted to sell onwards

3. In China their are many cities 'cheaper' IC's (compared to europe and the major USA cities like NY) so quite a lot of recently earned RAs. With no ebay they end up sellling onto 'consolidators' who then you see selling 6 or more in 3month period on ebay.
Thats interesting, thanks for that. I'm sure you've helped me elsewhere as well so thank you again.
Old May 2, 2014, 1:26 am

I'm trying to decide if I should buy Ambassador membership. I've read multiple FT threads and blogs about it, but I'm still not sure if it's right for ME. I'm a Platinum from the Chase IHG card.

I have 1 free night that expires in October and see 2 opportunities to use it. I have a 2 weekend night stay coming at the IC Clement Monterey in June, and then 1 night at IC Nairobi in July. Here are my 2 options:

1. Buy the Ambassador membership for $200 and use the BOGO at the IC Monterey. The Ambassador rate is $329 for the first night, and the second night is free. I then use the Chase free night in Nairobi ($175 if paid in cash). Total cost is about $529.

2. Skip Ambassador and use the Chase free night in Monterey, and pay $329 for the second night (this is the lowest rate). I then pay cash at the IC Nairobi ($175). Total cost $504.

So the Ambassador ends up costing $25 more. It's not a huge amount, but I'm still not sure I'll get $25 worth of benefits. The room upgrade in Monterey would be nice, but not a deal-maker. I know the guaranteed room upgrade only applies to paid rooms, but do the other benefits also apply to reward stays? I'm referring to the free movie, water refill, in-room gift, fruit and late check-out. I have a 4-night reward stay at the IC Times Square for New Year's Eve... will I get all all these benefits (minus upgrade) as an Ambassador?

And BTW, is the late check-out guaranteed? Platinum status gives late check-out too, but it's not guaranteed.
Old May 5, 2014, 5:47 am

You're joking, aren't you ?

Is AMB worth $25. ??

You only need to stay one single night, to get your $25. back ...

I'm not sure about rest of the world, but in Australia, the ICs will give you a full bottle of nice wine ( plus fruit / bottled water ) on every stay ... and a free inhouse movie ( at what ? $AUS 17. each ).

The 4pm check out is a standard - not a 'maybe'.

Is AMB worh $25. ? ( in your case ) ... YES !!!!
Old May 5, 2014, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by 404
You're joking, aren't you ?

Is AMB worth $25. ??

You only need to stay one single night, to get your $25. back ...

I'm not sure about rest of the world, but in Australia, the ICs will give you a full bottle of nice wine ( plus fruit / bottled water ) on every stay ... and a free inhouse movie ( at what ? $AUS 17. each ).

The 4pm check out is a standard - not a 'maybe'.

Is AMB worh $25. ? ( in your case ) ... YES !!!!
I'm taking in account the BOGO night in my calculations. That is, is AMB worth $25 after the free night is accounted for.

Also, do all the other AMB benefits such as gift, movie, fruit, etc apply to award stays as well?
Old May 5, 2014, 1:49 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I'm taking in account the BOGO night in my calculations. That is, is AMB worth $25 after the free night is accounted for.

Also, do all the other AMB benefits such as gift, movie, fruit, etc apply to award stays as well?
The Ambassador Free Weekend Night Certificate is not an award night.

Officially, here are the benefits for reward nights:

InterContinental Ambassador Benefits: .......Ambassadors receive fresh fruit and water in their room on arrival, with mineral water replenished daily. Ambassadors receive a personalised welcome letter and in-room gift. Ambassadors are entitled to one free Pay-TV film per stay (where a cost is applicable). Ambassadors with IHG® Rewards Club Platinum status are entitled to guaranteed room availability with 72 hours advance reservation.

When staying on Reward Nights, all Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Privileges apply with the exception of upgrades, free Pay TV film per stay, 24 hour guaranteed room availability, 8:00am early check-in and complimentary mini-bar beverages (where a cost for these benefits is applicable). Ambassadors are charged Single Rate for Double Room Occupancy. Any Club Lounge access given to Ambassadors is solely at the discretion of the hotel and is not a benefit that is included in Ambassador status.

It should be noted that many ICs extend all Ambassador Benefits for reward nights.

mxm135
Old May 5, 2014, 3:10 pm

When staying on Reward Nights, all Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Privileges apply with the exception of upgrades, free Pay TV film per stay, 24 hour guaranteed room availability, 8:00am early check-in and complimentary mini-bar beverages (where a cost for these benefits is applicable)
So basically there are very few guaranteed benefits for being AMB when staying on reward nights. Just bottled water, fruit, and a small gift. Sounds like late check-out is guaranteed as well, then.
Old May 5, 2014, 9:33 pm

Just signed up for AMB membership. I understand the packet will arrive in up to 8 weeks, but I've read that I'd be able to book the BOGO right away. HOw do I go about doing this? When I click the "reservation" like, there's no option for Ambassador rate. Does this take 1-2 days?
Old May 5, 2014, 10:15 pm

Use the following link:

www.intercontinental.com/ambweekend

mxm135
Old May 5, 2014, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by MXM135
Use the following link:

www.intercontinental.com/ambweekend

mxm135
Yeah, I found that page, but it won't let me book. Maybe my membership isn't finalized yet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.