Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2011, 12:55 am

I am thinking buying of ambassador for my stay this weekend. Will anyone be at the David Intercontinental in Tel Aviv this weekend will to lend me their BOGO voucher?

Thanks.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:10 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by Shimon
I am thinking buying of ambassador for my stay this weekend. Will anyone be at the David Intercontinental in Tel Aviv this weekend will to lend me their BOGO voucher?

Thanks.
Its not transferable... And you need to book it ahead of time and not through regular booking.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Its not transferable... And you need to book it ahead of time and not through regular booking.
It says it's not transferable, but has anyone had any experience successfully using someone else's BOGO cert?
Old Jan 12, 2011, 2:46 pm

How do I purchase the ambassador with points? I called and they put me on hold and eventually the line got cut.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by Shimon
How do I purchase the ambassador with points? I called and they put me on hold and eventually the line got cut.
Step 1: Go to intercontinental.com
Step 2: Log in with your PC number and pin
Step 3: Click on the "Upgrade" tab and you will see the purchase with 32k points option.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Not quite correct. Old style bogos don't require any special booking. I've also used many bogos from other RAs, old and new style with no problem.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by CokeandTaco
Step 1: Go to intercontinental.com
Step 2: Log in with your PC number and pin
Step 3: Click on the "Upgrade" tab and you will see the purchase with 32k points option.
Thanks. Done. Hope the status posts before my stay tomorrow!
Old Jan 21, 2011, 7:53 am

Programs: AA EXP
Ambassador Benefits for Multiple Rooms?

I am taking my family to Paris for 2 nights this summer and we rethinking of staying at the IC Le Grand. I need to reserve 8 rooms for the 2 nights and I am wondering if upgrading to Ambassador/Gold will yield us any benefits.
I have been a PC member for over 10 years, but with few stays,have never achieved any type of elite level.
If I become Ambassador/Gold and i am paying for all 8 rooms, is it possible we would all get an upgrade? Would we all or some of us get any of the benefits? Or will these only apply to one room?
Also, would I be able to use the free night certificate for one of the rooms (we arrive on thursday and depart on saturday).
Any help an suggestions with this and wether or not it is worth it is greatly appreciated! FAA1996
Old Feb 20, 2011, 10:17 am

Programs: UA 1k, aa,
Priority club mentor

Hi, first post, please forgive lack of knowledge. I am preparing to join Priority CLub and I need a crash course in how to maximize points. I will have a 5 night stay in London holiday inn at end of April. Can someone mentor me into how to get the most points out of my initial membership? Or if this post belongs somewhere else, please advise. Much thanks.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 10:45 am

Programs: IHG, BA
Originally Posted by Steelgal32
Hi, first post, please forgive lack of knowledge. I am preparing to join Priority CLub and I need a crash course in how to maximize points. I will have a 5 night stay in London holiday inn at end of April. Can someone mentor me into how to get the most points out of my initial membership? Or if this post belongs somewhere else, please advise. Much thanks.

First thing to do is to sign up for the bonus points in the "IC Master Promo Thread 2011" thread.

Read it carefully, as you don't want to sign up for the Stay X Get X Miles if you are getting points and vice versa.

Second is to charge EVERYTHING to your room. That earns extra points ( not many, but enough to make a small difference!)

Third ... To really make a difference, you need to make it to Platinum status (50% bonus points). Not as hard as it sounds though - signing up for all the bonus points, it can be done in as little as 5 stays.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 10:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by United_Flyer3
First thing to do is to sign up for the bonus points in the "IC Master Promo Thread 2011" thread.

Read it carefully, as you don't want to sign up for the Stay X Get X Miles if you are getting points and vice versa.

Second is to charge EVERYTHING to your room. That earns extra points ( not many, but enough to make a small difference!)

Third ... To really make a difference, you need to make it to Platinum status (50% bonus points). Not as hard as it sounds though - signing up for all the bonus points, it can be done in as little as 5 stays.
Also, check Priority Club Insider for some promotions. Hopefully that will maximize your points. The easiest way is to ensure you are signed up for every promotion. They do not all work all of the time, but if you get a few, you will do well.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1mm, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I would immediately apply for the PC Select Visa. After minimal spend you will get 60,000 points. You will have Platinum status before your first stay!
Old Feb 21, 2011, 4:04 am
Suspended

Using the shopping facility and or credit cards is one of the best ways to get the points for IC hotels.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 2:08 pm

Programs: Delta SM, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis First
Originally Posted by mgmsteven
I would immediately apply for the PC Select Visa. After minimal spend you will get 60,000 points. You will have Platinum status before your first stay!
I've been contemplating the PC card and didn't realize this detail, as the offer only states lifetime Gold status. Thanks for making my mind up for me!
Old Feb 22, 2011, 1:44 am

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by jaw_24
I've been contemplating the PC card and didn't realize this detail, as the offer only states lifetime Gold status. Thanks for making my mind up for me!
Lifetime Gold???

I have never heard of any lifetime status given by PriorityClub.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.