Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Old Nov 25, 2013, 2:36 am

Sometimes the RA referral takes up to 4 weeks to be processed and completed from the date it was mailed.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Petrus
Sometimes the RA referral takes up to 4 weeks to be processed and completed from the date it was mailed.
Is this including mailing time? I sent next day UPS from within the US rather than via international post.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 1:05 pm

A few weeks still, at least.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
A quick email chase had them update me to RA overnight.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 4:00 am

Programs: LH HON, PC RA
Update, I just looked into my account and got my RA renewed.

Had a total of 56 nights, whereas the majority was in ICs (approx. 45). Rest in HIX and CP.

Altogether 7 different ICs on three continents.

Have another 16 nights until year's end.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 7:15 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
A quick email chase had them update me to RA overnight.
As suggested, once 2weeks (10 working days) has passed from registered post being signed for, Salt Lake are pretty receptive to a polite follow up email.

Nice to hear fixed for you within 1day of emailing, rather than the 3 days a friend experienced. Wonder if your email maybe coincided with the naturally occuring update from your referral application, rather than some immediate IHG action on receiving your email.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 11:21 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by demue
Thanks. so I guess I will wait till it goes to 0 or negative days and see if it turns over then. I got two more IC nights on the last 2 days of the validity of RA, but I'm quite confident I will lose it as I burned a lot of points instead of spending and hence won't have enough paid stays.

That's alright though, but I wouldn't mind the free Amb soft-landing.
Quick update on the case. It actually worked out as advised by other FTers. The count for my RA went down to 0 on Nov 30 then nothing on Dec 1 and today it shows an entry for Ambassador renewal (complimentary - soft landing so to say) as expected.

Fair enough in my case with only 31 nights (mostly IC) in the last year across 2 brands only so not complaining. Did most big ticket resort stays for vacation in the last few months as RA so can't complain.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 3:15 pm

Number for Info

What phone number should I call to find out what I need to do in order to maintain my Royal Ambassador Status?

Last year, I called and they told me exactly. This year I called and said I have 88 nights and 16 Intercontinental nights. I am headed to Vegas but don't want to stay more than necessary in order to stay a Royal. The lady I spoke with on the phone gave me no information and said she didn't know. I thought she would at least tell me what I need for the next year but she would not. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 4:09 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by TotallyOz
What phone number should I call to find out what I need to do in order to maintain my Royal Ambassador Status?

Last year, I called and they told me exactly. This year I called and said I have 88 nights and 16 Intercontinental nights. I am headed to Vegas but don't want to stay more than necessary in order to stay a Royal. The lady I spoke with on the phone gave me no information and said she didn't know. I thought she would at least tell me what I need for the next year but she would not. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
The latest i've heard is 60 total IHG brand nights, including minimum of 20 IC nights, and minimum of three IC properties, although i've been renewed several times with just two IC properties, though with long term stays, i would suggest calling back to see if you can find some rep that will manually tweak, otherwise four more IC nights
Old Jan 1, 2014, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
The latest i've heard is 60 total IHG brand nights, including minimum of 20 IC nights, and minimum of three IC properties, although i've been renewed several times with just two IC properties, though with long term stays, i would suggest calling back to see if you can find some rep that will manually tweak, otherwise four more IC nights
Thanks.

Do you know if they have a special number for Ambassadors to call to check this and talk to someone who knows?
Old Jan 1, 2014, 10:29 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by TotallyOz
Thanks.

Do you know if they have a special number for Ambassadors to call to check this and talk to someone who knows?
IHG Customer Care

in the US

1 800 621 0555
Old Feb 1, 2014, 10:19 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Is it not publicly stated what you need to do to attain RA status?

Or to maintain Platinum status for that matter?

This year I'll hit hotels on three continents. Should comfortably clear 20 nights at IC properties, though I basically don't ever stay at other IHG brands. I get a lot of points from my Chase IHG RC Visa card, though I presume those don't count toward elite qualification.

I've scoured the IHG website and searched FT several times, just can't seem to find what I'd expect to be elementary information, leading me to think that it's not published.

Help from the FT experts would be most appreciated.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 10:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
It seems to be like this, based on collective experience here:

1. You need to be ambassador
2. You need at least 60 nights in 365 days, where at least 20 of these are on at least 3 different ICs.

Platinum is explained on many places on the website, so you can't have looked really

Here's one place where you see what is needed. Just scroll down and there is a table there showing gold and platinum.

http://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/us/en/enjoy-rewards
Old Feb 1, 2014, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Is it not publicly stated what you need to do to attain RA status?

Or to maintain Platinum status for that matter?

This year I'll hit hotels on three continents. Should comfortably clear 20 nights at IC properties, though I basically don't ever stay at other IHG brands. I get a lot of points from my Chase IHG RC Visa card, though I presume those don't count toward elite qualification.

I've scoured the IHG website and searched FT several times, just can't seem to find what I'd expect to be elementary information, leading me to think that it's not published.

Help from the FT experts would be most appreciated.
Lots of information here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...els-forum.html
Old Feb 3, 2014, 12:19 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
For anyone who tracks such things, e-miles points transfers posted as Elite-Qualifying for me for 2014.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.