Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2011, 5:32 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Skywards, Priority Club
OK thank you.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 7:33 am

RA

just checked my account status to see that I am now RA! Hit my third IC hotel on the weekend.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 5:54 am

Programs: IHG
I would like to see the RA referral certificate removed from the RA "package". It's too easy for non-RA's to buy or indeed, be referred without deserving it. Virtually halving the number of RA's would surely mean better, undiluted benefits for "true" Royal Ambassadors.
That way, IC's could afford to give full benefits to RA's, including Club access, even on award nights. It would help to preserve the exclusivity and value of the status.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by turner32
I would like to see the RA referral certificate removed from the RA "package". It's too easy for non-RA's to buy or indeed, be referred without deserving it. Virtually halving the number of RA's would surely mean better, undiluted benefits for "true" Royal Ambassadors.
That way, IC's could afford to give full benefits to RA's, including Club access, even on award nights. It would help to preserve the exclusivity and value of the status.
I think many people are enticed into the RA program by being referred by someone. I know how that is how I came into the program, and have kept status as an RA since, except for a 6 month slow period.

If they wanted to give us something equivalent, say 4 unrestricted Bogo certs, I might be willing to trade it off. I don't think the current number of RA's is hurting us.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
If they wanted to give us something equivalent, say 4 unrestricted Bogo certs, I might be willing to trade it off. I don't think the current number of RA's is hurting us.
+1. I've never not had a great UG as a RA. As well, referral RA's don't get another referral cert.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 6:34 am

Programs: IHG
I would rather club access everywhere, irrespective of category booked, and full benefits on award nights. Instead of having referred RA's.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 6:53 am

I would rather club access everywhere, irrespective of category booked, and full benefits on award nights. Instead of having referred RA's.
Agreed on point 1, naturally, but I would add the whilst the certs add somewhere approaching 100% of the number of RAs (allowing for wastage) referred RAs presumably represent far fewer than 50% of RA reservations at ICs
Old Jul 3, 2011, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What makes you think benefits would suddenly get better if they dropped the referral cert benefit?
Old Jul 3, 2011, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by soitgoes
What makes you think benefits would suddenly get better if they dropped the referral cert benefit?
Yes, that too - and since the number of 'genuine' RAs is entirely arbitrary (allegedly something like the top 1% of some metric but who really knows) they could always adjust it anyway.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 2:42 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
I'm Ambassador now and my status expires in Jan 2012. I now have a RA certificate from a friend. I've read reports that if I lodge it in now my RA status would only be valid until Jan 2012 as well.
How can I extend the life of my RA status until something like August 2012? Do I just need to buy Ambassador again before January?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 7, 2011, 10:18 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by El_Duderito
I'm Ambassador now and my status expires in Jan 2012. I now have a RA certificate from a friend. I've read reports that if I lodge it in now my RA status would only be valid until Jan 2012 as well.
How can I extend the life of my RA status until something like August 2012? Do I just need to buy Ambassador again before January?

Thanks in advance!
Yes, if you use a RA cert to UG to RA, it will only apply for the remainder of your RA year!
Old Jul 23, 2011, 5:44 am

Exclamation How to Achieve Royal Ambassador Status

Originally Posted by lemieux66
4 ways to receive RA status:

- Hit the neccassary criteria within 1 year of Ambassador to be among the top 1% tier of ICH customers --- best way ^

- Buy a cert at Ebay for loads of money

- Find a friend who actually reffers you

- Trade with another community member within the thread "Coupon Connection".
(visible after being 90 days member at FT and after having 90 posts)

Best ethical way: earn your status
I called IHG three times over the past 3 weeks to find out about upgrading my status from Platinum Ambassador to RA. As of July, I have 156 nights in IHG properties this year (yes, I live in hotels), but none are at IC locations. Mostly HI and HIX. This is what they told me qualifies someone for RA status:

- 60-80 nights at IC locations ONLY!! No other IHG hotels!
- 3+ different IC hotels

Your other IHG nights don't matter at all. This is why I'm dropping IHG and moving to Hilton/Marriott properties.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 9:10 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Priority Club Plat Amb
Originally Posted by alantraveler
I called IHG three times over the past 3 weeks to find out about upgrading my status from Platinum Ambassador to RA. As of July, I have 156 nights in IHG properties this year (yes, I live in hotels), but none are at IC locations. Mostly HI and HIX. This is what they told me qualifies someone for RA status:

- 60-80 nights at IC locations ONLY!! No other IHG hotels!
- 3+ different IC hotels

Your other IHG nights don't matter at all. This is why I'm dropping IHG and moving to Hilton/Marriott properties.
If your not staying in IC Properties why would you want RA Status?

The benefits of RA's only apply at IC's
Old Jul 24, 2011, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by paul.goffin
If your not staying in IC Properties why would you want RA Status?

The benefits of RA's only apply at IC's
+1. But it is definitely NOT 60 nights at IC's...
Old Jul 24, 2011, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
That would actually be a lot more costly to IHG, than the current system. And who's to say that if they "open the club room doors" to all RAs, they won't end up diluting the product inside to keep down the added costs of doing so. Referred RA's are a potential revenue generator. And if they don't end up staying at IC hotels, they're not encroaching on anyone's potential benefits. And then after a year, it all goes bye-bye. This sounds more like a "close the door behind me" situation IMO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.