Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Old May 10, 2014, 7:39 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by McCoy
Given the absence of Coupon Connection, where else can I offer my IC BOGOs to people who might use them?
Is there another website that IHGG members frequent?

I have a bunch of BOGOs that will expire over the coming few months, and it would be a shame for them to go to waste.
I could use 1x BOGO for IC Bangkok stay beginning of June if available, please PM me, thx.

UPDATE - I have been promised a bogo now. Just editing post here so I don't get too many PM kind offers of a bogo, since FT CC is no more.

Last edited by scubaccr; May 14, 2014 at 8:12 am
Old May 14, 2014, 5:48 am

I am having a Question with the IC's at San Francisco..which one would you recommend?

Both are available for my Dates. I would use Points on the Stay, so I'd prefer an IC that's honoring my RA-Benefits on Award Stays too.
Lounge would be great to have.

Another thing is, we arrive by Car from Las Vegas, so a Garage would be a nice Feature (a CHEAP Garage of course)..

Any Ideas?
Old May 14, 2014, 7:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by blueeagle3
I am having a Question with the IC's at San Francisco..which one would you recommend?

Both are available for my Dates. I would use Points on the Stay, so I'd prefer an IC that's honoring my RA-Benefits on Award Stays too.
Lounge would be great to have.

Another thing is, we arrive by Car from Las Vegas, so a Garage would be a nice Feature (a CHEAP Garage of course)..

Any Ideas?
Stay at the IC SF by Moscone center. IC MH is a historical place but very outdated. Parking would be expensive no matter where you stay.
Old May 15, 2014, 2:38 am

Programs: # Neodymium #
Agreed. IC SF at Moscone is a great hotel.
I've only stayed there 3 times, but each has been excellent.
Old May 17, 2014, 6:26 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Does Ambassador get you into the lounge? Was told to pay to get access in IC Wuxi and only RAs get complementary access even tho I was upgraded to a club room.

Am beginning to regret cashing in my points for this.
Old May 17, 2014, 6:39 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by Alawyer
Does Ambassador get you into the lounge? Was told to pay to get access in IC Wuxi and only RAs get complementary access even tho I was upgraded to a club room.

Am beginning to regret cashing in my points for this.
Nope, it's not a published benefit. It depends on each individual property though.
Old May 18, 2014, 5:43 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by hclee01
Signed up for AMB online in first week of March 2014. I am based in SIN and received my package somewhere towards mid April 2014. Generally, it takes around 6 weeks for it to arrive.
Germany: Aug 13 registered, Dec 13 got package.
Old May 18, 2014, 5:55 am

If my Amb membership ends Aug 13, and in case I would be able to upgrade to RA status by referral certificate now, than the RA membership ends together with the Amb membership in Aug 13? Or does the RA status override the Amb expiration and ends after one year? I am never sure about this matter.
Old May 18, 2014, 6:00 am

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by submonte
If my Amb membership ends Aug 13, and in case I would be able to upgrade to RA status by referral certificate now, than the RA membership ends together with the Amb membership in Aug 13? Or does the RA status override the Amb expiration and ends after one year? I am never sure about this matter.
Your RA status would expire at the same time as your Ambassador membership. In your case, August 2014 (?).

mxm135
Old May 18, 2014, 10:41 am

My Amb status is set to expire at the end of July. If I renew now, will my new expiration be July '15 or May (12 months from now). Does 10% rebate on reward nights ($200 renewal) kick in instantly? Thanks a lot for your help with this!
Old May 18, 2014, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by MXM135
Your RA status would expire at the same time as your Ambassador membership. In your case, August 2014 (?).

mxm135
Of course 2014. Seems I am living in the past
Old May 18, 2014, 4:14 pm

Read through posts back to 2013, didn't see anything, thought I would ask...sorry if I missed if this was covered.

Does the Ambassador upgrade work when you book a room using another reward program? E.g. I just used credit card points to book a room at an IC property.

My assumption is that is probably treated like a regular paid booking and I would get upgraded. I realize this is not the case when I use my IHG points.

I'm hoping I get lucky with an upcoming trip. Booked the first night using credit card points, and then 2 follow-on nights with my IHG points. Hoping for an upgrade for the first night and then get to stay in the upgrade the second two nights. We'll see!
Old May 25, 2014, 4:57 am

Do multiple rooms bookings count towards nites total?

Morning all, quick question I should know but don't

RA for many years but think this year will be close to wire. But just thought that I've booked a family event at an IC which will be 9 rooms for several days. It's booked under my name, on my account and indeed I am paying!

Would that count towards the total nights or would it just be 9 extra nights? Not sure..... if its 9 x 8 days then home and dry.

Anyone know please?
Old May 25, 2014, 7:14 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Atacama40
Morning all, quick question I should know but don't

RA for many years but think this year will be close to wire. But just thought that I've booked a family event at an IC which will be 9 rooms for several days. It's booked under my name, on my account and indeed I am paying!

Would that count towards the total nights or would it just be 9 extra nights? Not sure..... if its 9 x 8 days then home and dry.

Anyone know please?
i believe the nights just count for the primary room, if you are in the Americas you should get the 20 points per $ spent if you are paying the bill, get them to put it all on one folio/invoice, you can get them to split out misc room spend if you wish. i would call and let them know what you're doing, equivalent to 72 nights they shld do the right thing.
Old May 25, 2014, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
i believe the nights just count for the primary room, if you are in the Americas you should get the 20 points per $ spent if you are paying the bill, get them to put it all on one folio/invoice, you can get them to split out misc room spend if you wish. i would call and let them know what you're doing, equivalent to 72 nights they shld do the right thing.
Thanks for the advice Tim. Yes I fear this might be the strict interpretation. Is a lot of cumulative nights and 2 bedroom suites as well. I'm not anticipating big additional spend...will be blood if there is. Yes all rooms under my account & paid by me. Do you mean call Amb services or hotel? Hotel have been first class supporting the trip. You reckon there's a reasonable chance to negotiate that? I deliberately didn't approach them until got the input of those such as yourself in the know.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.