Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2010, 4:14 pm

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Ambassador Worth It for Rewards

I am debating purchasing ambassador status.
I wanted to see if it would be worth it from the experts.
Here is my planned stays:

-2 Sweet D nights (starting tomorrow night) at the IC Barclay
-3 Sweet D nights at either san juan or Monterey CA
-Likely to use bogo cert at san juan as well if I go there, if not would likely use on random weekend TBD location

I dont really see myself staying at a whole lot of ICs other than this unless I was using Point Breaks. Basically I will stay 6 nights in an IC 5 of which are sweet dilemma nights?

I would use points to purchase the status but it would need to take effect immediately for my stay in NYC.

Are upgrades probable at these locations on reward stays?
From what I have read lounge access does not happen often as a lowly ambassador.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by stallion114
I am debating purchasing ambassador status.
I wanted to see if it would be worth it from the experts.
Here is my planned stays:
-2 Sweet D nights (starting tomorrow night) at the IC Barclay
-3 Sweet D nights at either san juan or Monterey CA
-Likely to use bogo cert at san juan as well if I go there, if not would likely use on random weekend TBD location
I dont really see myself staying at a whole lot of ICs other than this unless I was using Point Breaks. Basically I will stay 6 nights in an IC 5 of which are sweet dilemma nights?
I would use points to purchase the status but it would need to take effect immediately for my stay in NYC.
Are upgrades probable at these locations on reward stays?
From what I have read lounge access does not happen often as a lowly ambassador.
Here is a quick response, since your first stay is tomorrow:

I am certainly not an expert, but I would say yes. I assume you will be signing up at the IC Barclay upon check-in, and paying $200. This may help get an upgrade for your first 2 night SD stay @ IC Barclay. Here is a thread you may want to read:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...mbassador+sign

The late check out (4pm), 5k bonus cert., and the BOGO certainly have value...IMO. Other benefits could be offered at the properties (lounge access, coupons, upgrades??).

If you know you will be spending 7 nights @ IC properties, (5 SD nights, 2 on weekend BOGO) then the $200 dollar investment sounds good to me.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 9:37 am

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Thanks for the response. Is it possible to purchase with pc points at the front desk?
Also as far as the novo cents do u have to be an ambassador to redeem one or can any pc member use one?
Old Dec 31, 2010, 9:44 am

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by stallion114
Thanks for the response. Is it possible to purchase with pc points at the front desk?
Also as far as the novo cents do u have to be an ambassador to redeem one or can any pc member use one?
Ambassador status purchase with PC points can only be done by contacting the Priority Club Customer Service Centre.

As fas a using the Free Weekend Night Certificate (sometimes referred to as a BOGO), one must be an Ambassador member to use it and you must book the 'Ambassador Certificate' rate (IBAMB), which is usually equivalent to the Best Flexible Rate.

mxm135
Old Dec 31, 2010, 9:47 am

Also for what its worth I just got a response from the hotel. I informed them this was a special weekend for me and my gf and they upgraded me to a king exec from the handicap accessible room I booked. She also said she would provide an amenity.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 9:53 am

Ok, if I am ambassador and trade for another bogo weekend certain can I use 2 in one weekend. I will be needing 2 rooms, and I figure I could trade for a very here on cc.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 12:43 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Am I going to get another card after being Plat Amb or do I need to request it?
Old Jan 3, 2011, 3:37 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat OZ Diamond SK Diamond BA Blue
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Am I going to get another card after being Plat Amb or do I need to request it?
I had to request one after none turned up within 2 months. YMMV.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 8:23 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by adl73x
I had to request one after none turned up within 2 months. YMMV.

I may just request one then...

Also when I renew my Ambassador, do I get a new welcome kit? New luggage tag as well?
Old Jan 5, 2011, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Question about re-qualifying for RA. I got Amb in May of this year. During the calender year I hit the 50/3 criteria for RA, so RA was granted in Nov of this year. My status online states AMB status lasts til May 2011. Fine.

I call the RA line and they tell me I have to requalify for RA from the Nov 2010 - May 2011 period. Is this correct? For me, it seems I should have from May 2010 til May 2011 to qualify. Thoughts?
Old Jan 5, 2011, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by BRAISKI

Also when I renew my Ambassador, do I get a new welcome kit? New luggage tag as well?
Yep, new style bogo, 5k code and luggage tag.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Question about re-qualifying for RA. I got Amb in May of this year. During the calender year I hit the 50/3 criteria for RA, so RA was granted in Nov of this year. My status online states AMB status lasts til May 2011. Fine.

I call the RA line and they tell me I have to requalify for RA from the Nov 2010 - May 2011 period. Is this correct? For me, it seems I should have from May 2010 til May 2011 to qualify. Thoughts?
You have the same Amb/RA year as I do. You have one of the best scenarios out there. You've recently gotten a RA kit. Unless your stays from 3/10 to 2/11 fall below the threshold of 50/3, you'll be fine. So within 6 months, you'll get two RA kits, which is quite nice.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
You have the same Amb/RA year as I do. You have one of the best scenarios out there. You've recently gotten a RA kit. Unless your stays from 3/10 to 2/11 fall below the threshold of 50/3, you'll be fine. So within 6 months, you'll get two RA kits, which is quite nice.
Interesting. When I got AMB in May, I did get a kit (BOGO cert, 5K cert) and then another kit in Nov (BOGO cert, 5K cert, AMB referral cert). Not too shabby. Though I still have yet to use the BOGO cert...
Old Jan 8, 2011, 12:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver,IC Gold Ambassador, Hyatt Gold, SPG Basic
i'm gold ambassador, therefore my 2nd person charge should be waived...this does not happen for me when I try to book the ic strings tokyo. or do I just have to book a room for 1 person and the 2nd person can just use it aswell?
how does this exactly work?
Old Jan 10, 2011, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xerobasher
i'm gold ambassador, therefore my 2nd person charge should be waived...this does not happen for me when I try to book the ic strings tokyo. or do I just have to book a room for 1 person and the 2nd person can just use it aswell?
how does this exactly work?
Whenever I book an IC for two people, I check and see if the charge varies for booking more than one person. If not, I of course, book for 2. Otherwise, book for just 1. Never had a problem, as yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.