Intercontinental London Park Lane
One Hamilton Place / Park Lane,
Mayfair, London W1J 7QY,
United Kingdom
Tel +44 20 74093131

Link to hotel:
http://parklane.intercontinental.com/

Next tube / subway station:
Hyde Park Corner served by Piccadilly Line (serving LHR)
Green Park served by Piccadilly Line, Victoria Line and Jubillee Line

Does not honor Royal Ambassador Benefits on award stays.
You can earn points for food and beverage spending in the restaurants & bars: Wellington Lounge, Arch Bar

Lounge Supplement: Ambassador rate is £150/day for up to two guests, non-Ambassador rate is £185/day. Prices as of Sept 2022.

Lounge Benefits:

Club InterContinental privileges include:
  • Private registration for check-in and check-out
  • A complimentary welcome drink
  • Club InterContinental deluxe breakfast between 06:30 - 10:30 M-F and 06:30 -11:00 on Weekends
  • Afternoon Tea with seasonal sandwiches, scones with jam, homemade cakes/pastries, and a pot of tea between 14:30 - 16:30
  • Evening drinks - Champagne, cocktails, and canapés between 17:30 - 19:30
  • Entertainment area featuring a plasma TV and wireless internet access
  • Shower facilities
  • Complimentary pressing of two pieces of clothing per stay (express service is not included)
  • Personalized Concierge and business services
  • Complimentary local calls (0203, 0207, 0208)
  • All day refreshments
Notes:
  • On weekends between 09:30 -10:30, Club InterContinental can be considerably busier, so guests may wish to consider alternative times to avoid any unexpected inconvenience
  • Club InterContinental is included for a maximum of two people. Any additional guests would incur extra charges (50 GBP for guests of Ambassadors and 60 GBP for all others).

Recent Experiences

Royal Ambassador
September 2017
October 2017
October 2017
June 2018
October 2021
October 2022
January 2023

Ambassador
May 2018
May 2018
May 2018
April 2019
July 2021
April 2022
September 2022
November 2022
May 2023
May 2023

Older discussion about this hotel:
Archive Thread

Print Wikipost

IC London Park Lane Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2023, 4:18 am

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
I'd take Mayfair Premium every time.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 9:54 am

Programs: IC Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Mora
Little update: In my rewards night upgrade pool for my stay mid December was the following: King Junior Suite, King Junior Suite Mayfair Floor and 1 Bedroom Suite.
I did of course chose the 1 King Junior Suite Mayfair Floor.
Applying the CSU via the Diamond Hotline was easy and done in less than 3 minutes. I am pleasantly surprised and very happy about this use of my CSU.
Short update - the hotel just decided to downgrade my confirmed King Junior Suite Mayfair Floor to King Premium Mayfair Floor without any info. Got the Diamond desk involved and they are on it now - let's see how that one turns out.
I find it very interesting that the hotel can just adjust a confirmed suite upgrade again at anytime they like which makes the CSU rather "unconfirmed".
Old Dec 7, 2023, 1:22 pm

I've heard of this happening to a couple of people at different properties so now I'm wondering if there's some sort of genuine IT issue at IHG's end. What was your original room?
Old Dec 8, 2023, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by NorthernLass
I've heard of this happening to a couple of people at different properties so now I'm wondering if there's some sort of genuine IT issue at IHG's end. What was your original room?
Cosy room on a rewards night. And I don't mind the King Premiere Mayfair room but I find the practice of downgrading without notice not very well handled by the hotel. It's the unreliability that I got issues with.

Because it also means that this IHG rewards benefit as a whole is completely unreliable for members using it. In this case they only downgraded me to a King Premiere Mayfair - but they could have also downgraded me to a non Mayfair room. In which case I would have had no intention of staying at the hotel at all. But based on the fact that I already had a confirmed Mayfair upgrade I have cancelled a reservation at another hotel which I also couldn't reinstate now with just a few days notice. That's what I find truly problematic.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 2:16 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
This is very unfortunate, disappointing that the C in CSU is not confirmable....
if you have a screenshot of your confrimed Mf Jr. suite,
use this as a bargaining chip to your advantage,
- first ask why is your confimed suite demoted, quote: is this because of a ME harem take over ?
- second bargain to only settle for Mf floor and as you are already Diamond, they could throw in
* club lounge access
* F&B credit (easy to use for dinner at Theo)
* if sticking to demoted Mf room than at least 1 night of points worth back

Mora : i really feel for you, you were so much looking forward to Mf jr. suite and now you have to deal with these uncertainties
Good luck !
Old Dec 8, 2023, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by HadesNL
This is very unfortunate, disappointing that the C in CSU is not confirmable....
if you have a screenshot of your confrimed Mf Jr. suite,
use this as a bargaining chip to your advantage,
- first ask why is your confimed suite demoted, quote: is this because of a ME harem take over ?
- second bargain to only settle for Mf floor and as you are already Diamond, they could throw in
* club lounge access
* F&B credit (easy to use for dinner at Theo)
* if sticking to demoted Mf room than at least 1 night of points worth back

Mora : i really feel for you, you were so much looking forward to Mf jr. suite and now you have to deal with these uncertainties
Good luck !
Thank you Hades!
I actually have got more than a screenshot of the Mayfair Junior Suite - I got a confirmation email confirming that upgrade.
And I don't actually think the downgrade is due to a ME harem taking over as the Mayfair Junior Suites are back on regular sale.
I will keep you all updated how this plays out. What I am really worried about is a change to a non-Mayfair Junior Suite - if that happens I will for once in my life cause a scene at check-in.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 7:13 am

I think IHG will sort this out if you re-contact them. If it is the hotels being naughty, a firm stance needs to be taken!
Old Dec 9, 2023, 2:35 am

Okay this is getting worse by the day: Now they changed my reservation again to a dreaded unrenovated Junior Suite.
I called the Diamond Hotline again and they basically told me that although you got a confirmed suite upgrade its in the end up to the discretion of the hotel what room they put you in. If that is really the case than the CSUs are completely useless.
After a long discussion the Diamond Hotline was at least able to change my room back to a King Premium Mayfair. But it's really annoying that you have to watch your reservation like a hawk to see if the hotel changed it again.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 3:33 am

There must be some sort of contract formed once you are sent the confirmation email from IHG?
Old Dec 9, 2023, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by NorthernLass
There must be some sort of contract formed once you are sent the confirmation email from IHG?
According to the Diamond Hotline - nope. They said they were sorry but the hotel can change the confirmed suite upgrades however they like.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 10:10 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

According to the Diamond Hotline - nope. They said they were sorry but the hotel can change the confirmed suite upgrades however they like.
That is really shocking! If you have time, I think it would be useful if you could document your experience in the Milestone: Confirmed Suite Upgrade master thread for future reference and discussion. Thanks!
Old Dec 13, 2023, 3:24 pm

This is very disturbing. I have an upcoming stay in March and was also planning on using a CSU. Even if they have the discretion to change the suite you're in (which is also BS), how can they justify putting you in a non-suite? Maybe they originally tried to downgrade you and were told that they at least need to put you in a suite. For as much money and time we've invested in IHG, I'm getting tired of all of the penny-pinching from some of these ICs (looking at you Barclay!)
Old Dec 15, 2023, 3:55 am

Just checked in as diamond amb and got upgraded to premium mayfair room! Requested a nice upgrade to mayfair via mail as it is our 5th year in a row we return to IC Londen.

Very nice rooms! Bathrooms rather small.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 1:14 pm
PH2

Originally Posted by daruda
Just checked in as diamond amb and got upgraded to premium mayfair room! Requested a nice upgrade to mayfair via mail as it is our 5th year in a row we return to IC Londen.

Very nice rooms! Bathrooms rather small.
Curious - did you end up not using your CSU? I'm Platinum Amb and have a CSU I'd like to use for my stay in May. I booked shortly after reservations opened up last summer and locked in 4 nights for a King Classic at the rate of 55K/night (with the 4th night free discount). Would I "waste" my CSU trying to apply it for this stay since I'm entitled to a one category upgrade? That doesn't mean it will be a suite, right? Seems like I should use the CSU in this case and forego the Amb benefit.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by PH2
Curious - did you end up not using your CSU? I'm Platinum Amb and have a CSU I'd like to use for my stay in May. I booked shortly after reservations opened up last summer and locked in 4 nights for a King Classic at the rate of 55K/night (with the 4th night free discount). Would I "waste" my CSU trying to apply it for this stay since I'm entitled to a one category upgrade? That doesn't mean it will be a suite, right? Seems like I should use the CSU in this case and forego the Amb benefit.
No harm in phoning up to apply the CSU, if the room(s) they offer isn't any good for you, you can just decline it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.