Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 25, 2023, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lowkeyflyer
The purpose of this thread was to discuss a corporate offer that was leaked to the public by blogs.
The offer was to instantly upgrade your account to Diamond Elite regardless of current status and stays.

This offer is now dead and the thread has deviated from its original topic.
Suggest mods to lock
Print Wikipost

Get instantly upgraded to IHG Diamond status

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2022, 2:37 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by js1993
Enroll in Straight to Diamond ASAP and then pay for Ambassador before Dec. 31 so you're guaranteed to be able to renew Ambassador in late 2023, which might, if the trick still works, extend Diamond through 2024.

Right now, Ambassador can be renewed up to 90 days before expiration, but if you buy Amb in Q1 2023 and the 90-day rule changes, your Diamond would expire before you could renew.
You can’t enrol in Straight To Diamond any more.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 2:40 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
You can’t enrol in Straight To Diamond any more.
You missed a post. The person said it's still active for his company.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 2:41 pm

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Enroll in Straight to Diamond ASAP and then pay for Ambassador before Dec. 31 so you're guaranteed to be able to renew Ambassador in late 2023, which might, if the trick still works, extend Diamond through 2024.

Right now, Ambassador can be renewed up to 90 days before expiration, but if you buy Amb in Q1 2023 and the 90-day rule changes, your Diamond would expire before you could renew.
So is that to say that, at least as of now, getting/renewing ambassador once you have the top tier status allows you to perpetually keep it?
Old Nov 30, 2022, 2:53 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
You missed a post. The person said it's still active for his company.
My apologies, I did miss that. Thanks for correcting me.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 3:06 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by dparkinson
So is that to say that, at least as of now, getting/renewing ambassador once you have the top tier status allows you to perpetually keep it?
It's been true for many years now. But as with everything in this game, it could go away tomorrow. It was a relatively hush-hush benefit or loophole — no one is quite sure which — until the past few months, but now that the blogs have been talking about it, I'm assuming its days are numbered.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 3:56 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for.

So basically it's advantageous to have your Amb renewal come around in Q1/Q2 of any year so that you can extend Diamond through it? Terms on my corporate offer are that I immediately get upgraded to Diamond Elite for 90 days and have to stay 10 nights during that period to maintain for 2023. However, with the Amb trick there is no need to ever do this 10 night stay thing right?

Also does anything change if I've never been Amb before? If anything is that a positive because I'm "guaranteed" that it will work?
Old Nov 30, 2022, 3:58 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
And one more thing, what if I enroll in the promo in the last week of December so that the 90 day period ends in March? Then in that case, I would have Jan-March to enroll in Amb and get it renewed right? Wouldn't this guarantee Diamond through 2024?
Old Nov 30, 2022, 4:38 pm

Please re-read my previous reply (#270). Your last two posts aren't what I recommended.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
And one more thing, what if I enroll in the promo in the last week of December so that the 90 day period ends in March? Then in that case, I would have Jan-March to enroll in Amb and get it renewed right? Wouldn't this guarantee Diamond through 2024?
You can wait until late Dec. to enroll in Straight to Diamond but you also should buy Ambassador no later than ~Dec. 30 so that you're guaranteed to be able to renew it before Dec. 31, 2023.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 8:13 pm

You can wait until late Dec. to enroll in Straight to Diamond but you also should buy Ambassador no later than ~Dec. 30 so that you're guaranteed to be able to renew it before Dec. 31, 2023.
Sorry let me clarify what I meant.

If I enroll Straight to Diamond in late Dec, then I will have the Jan 2023-Mar 2023 period to enroll in Amb. When I do that, wouldn't it extend Diamond to 2024 since I am buying Amb in 2023?
Old Nov 30, 2022, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
Sorry let me clarify what I meant.

If I enroll Straight to Diamond in late Dec, then I will have the Jan 2023-Mar 2023 period to enroll in Amb. When I do that, wouldn't it extend Diamond to 2024 since I am buying Amb in 2023?
No idea. For people starting with no status, I thought the Straight to Diamond status was expiring in 90 days and not on 12/31. I haven't seen anyone who had status set to expire on a random date, e.g., Jan. 12, 2023, report that buying Ambassador extended Diamond until 12/31/2024.

If you value Diamond, I wouldn't get greedy.
lowkeyflyer likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 11:00 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Data point: just signed up for Ambassador, didn’t get the Diamond extension to the end of 2023 - still expiring 12/31/2022.

Womp womp /

khabah
Old Nov 30, 2022, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by khabah
Data point: just signed up for Ambassador, didn’t get the Diamond extension to the end of 2023 - still expiring 12/31/2022.

Womp womp /

khabah
If you literally just signed up then you should wait at least an hour, saw a DP of it taking 30 min.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by khabah
How long ago? It doesn't always update instantly, per a few reports.

On a related note, for the people who enrolled in Straight to Diamond or Instant Diamond or whatever it's called, is it showing you as enrolled in your Offers section at IHG.com?
Old Nov 30, 2022, 11:07 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
How long ago? It doesn't always update instantly, per a few reports.

On a related note, for the people who enrolled in Straight to Diamond or Instant Diamond or whatever it's called, is it showing you as enrolled in your Offers section at IHG.com?
Odd - I registered for Straight to Diamond and have the confirmation email, but it isn’t listed in the offers section.

Just received two emails from IHG: one about my new Ambassador membership, and the other saying congratulations on reaching Diamond. I closed and restarted my app after seeing these emails, and it still says 12/31/22.

Perhaps something is churning away on the back end? Will check back later and update accordingly.

khabah

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.