Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 25, 2023, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lowkeyflyer
The purpose of this thread was to discuss a corporate offer that was leaked to the public by blogs.
The offer was to instantly upgrade your account to Diamond Elite regardless of current status and stays.

This offer is now dead and the thread has deviated from its original topic.
Suggest mods to lock
Print Wikipost

Get instantly upgraded to IHG Diamond status

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2022, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by JetAway
I really don't understand the heartburn so-called "real" Diamonds would have over this. It will have absolutely no effect on the benefits "real" Diamonds will get. Very few people managed to sign up for the promo before it was closed and an even smaller number will actually go to the trouble and expense of qualifying. On the bright side, a few hotels will get extra revenue they might not have seen. Hotels and airlines have elite challenges and promos all the time, even "mistake" ones. It's all part of doing business.
indeed. IHG had literally zero chance to pull me out of marriotts and my guaranteed penthouse villa upgrade addiction with them, but this promo just MADE me visit Holiday Inn.

Surprised I was, and in a good way.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 7:24 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Actually, all IHG-hotels have the ability to make notes in a (returning) registred staying guest profile/IHG-1rewards account
(property own system)

IC-hotels have the ability -can't tell to much- to submit corporate-relevant data fit to analyze AMB/RA tenure.
Corporate can also submit relevant data back.
(global system)

The effect/efficiency in which this is done by management/staff is even a mystery to me,
as it seems to vary a lot by property motivation!

All IHG-hotels though can see all IHG-1rewards status,
Only IC hotels have the add on of viewing AMB/RA (+details)
Only Kimpton hotels can see if guest has InnerCircle status (+details)

- can't comment / not sure about 6 senses / Regent / Mr&Mrs Smith because i have not yet stayed there and experienced 1st hand

* this is usually the basis of the hotel's interaction with elite members as registered staying guest
jiunsoh likes this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Dec 2, 2022 at 7:32 am
Old Dec 2, 2022, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Ghoulish
You'll get Platinum immediately.
Thank you. I am Platinum with Marriott, how does that compare to IHG in terms of upgrades/service level etc? Bit of an abstract question but I hope i'll find someone like-minded.

Thanks

Last edited by FTDDD; Dec 2, 2022 at 11:11 am
Old Dec 2, 2022, 10:42 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by FTDDD
Thank you. I am Platinum with Marriott, how does that compare to IHG in terms of upgrades/service level etc? Bit of an abstract question but I hope i'll find someone like-minded.

Thanks,
David
IHG platinum pales in comparison to Bonvoy plat.
sobore likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 1:27 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
IHG-platinum is nothing to get too excited about,
yet the possibility of an upgrade / late checkout 14.00H is there,
provide one can manage expectations that there are several status levels higher in rank depending at what hotel brand you're staying at,

although miracles can happen though!
Old Dec 2, 2022, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
This $200 Diamond-Ambassador one-two Teddy is just amazing for me so far. Last weekend upgraded to a massive suite at the Indigo San Diego and this weekend staying at the Kimpton Alton in SF for $147 a night to collect my 20000 bonus points. Looking forward to breakfast there in the morning. As far as I'm concerned, this has more than paid for itself already. Driving almost all of my 2023 stays to IHG as well.
GUWonder, dineaux, jiunsoh and 3 others like this.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 3:19 pm

Programs: CO-Plat, DL Plat, AA Gold, US Air Silver, Hertz Gold, Marriott, SPG Gold, Avis,
Might be a rookie question, but I signed up for the straight to Diamond promo. Is it 10 nights since the sign up or 10 nights all year? Haven't been traveling a lot this year due to a switch in jobs.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 3:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by zjacoby
Might be a rookie question, but I signed up for the straight to Diamond promo. Is it 10 nights since the sign up or 10 nights all year? Haven't been traveling a lot this year due to a switch in jobs.
10 nights after signing up.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 6:21 am

Programs: Hilton, SPG,
Sorry, new to this IHG program. have a question about the IC AMB enrollment, the award of 15K points is only for renewal of existing IC AMB, and for new enrollment, you won't get any points, is this correct understanding? Thanks.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 6:59 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Bonjour8850
Sorry, new to this IHG program. have a question about the IC AMB enrollment, the award of 15K points is only for renewal of existing IC AMB, and for new enrollment, you won't get any points, is this correct understanding? Thanks.
Correct, you got it. No points for the pure sign up (first time).
Old Dec 8, 2022, 9:36 am

Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I registered for the fast track elite offer but after my recent stay it stills mention STATUS: not started.
The fact that I registered for the Diamond elite offer as well has anything to do with that?
Old Dec 8, 2022, 11:32 pm

Programs: AA
AMB Enrollment offer

It looks like the T&C have been updated. Is the "get ambassador to extend diamond" trick no longer working?

Also, no 20K points for new sign-ups? They seem to have updated the dates. Has the previous enrollment offer expired?
​​​​​​Ambassador Reward Night Enrolment & Renewal Offer

45. Ambassador Limited Time Renewal & Enrollment Offers

To participate in the Renew Ambassador, stay two nights, earn 20k bonus points (Offer), you must be an existing InterContinental Ambassador member, and you must renew your membership in accordance with the general terms and conditions for the InterContinental Ambassador program, which can be obtained here OR by March 31, 2022, whichever will occur sooner. No registration is required. Members who are invited to participate in this Offer may also participate in other IHG offers. This offer is not applicable for Royal Ambassador members. This offer is not valid for InterContinentalAmbassador membership enrolments or renewals obtained on a complimentary basis or using the IHG Employee discount.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 12:55 am

Programs: IC Ambassador, IHG Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Miles & More FT
I tried to sign up today for 20k promo and god reply that promotion is no longer available. Quite surprised because promotion wording was "if you sign up until December 31st, and stay January 31st."

Seems they change T&C during promotion duration.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 12:58 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
I enrolled last week. Lets see if it will be a fight to get the points.
FWIW still this morning I received an email highlighting the 20k offer.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 1:01 am
TSE

Programs: BA, LH, AF, TK
I signed up for Ambassador last week (first time since pre-pandemic) and at the time there was no mention of the 20K offer on the IC website (despite the original T&Cs indicating it should still be valid for new sign-ups too.) However, yesterday I got an email offering the 20K after two stays by the end of January

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.