Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 25, 2023, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lowkeyflyer
The purpose of this thread was to discuss a corporate offer that was leaked to the public by blogs.
The offer was to instantly upgrade your account to Diamond Elite regardless of current status and stays.

This offer is now dead and the thread has deviated from its original topic.
Suggest mods to lock
Print Wikipost

Get instantly upgraded to IHG Diamond status

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2022, 4:46 am

Just joined Ambassador using points and Diamond expiration changed instantly to Dec. 31, 2023. Happy about this, but would have loved to see 2024!
rt23456p likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 7:56 am
wsc

Originally Posted by BlueTraveller91
Renewed my Ambassador status yesterday using cash. Bizarrely I checked the IHG app this morning and it is now saying Diamond status is active until December 31 2024 !

Anybody else had this experience? Surely can’t be right. Was scheduled to expire today, before the ambassador extension.
I just did it with points and got the same…
BlueTraveller91 likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 8:12 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by BlueTraveller91
Renewed my Ambassador status yesterday using cash. Bizarrely I checked the IHG app this morning and it is now saying Diamond status is active until December 31 2024 !

Anybody else had this experience? Surely can’t be right. Was scheduled to expire today, before the ambassador extension.
Originally Posted by wsc
I just did it with points and got the same…
Just renewed paying 200USD, and me, too! Original Amb expiry was in Feb. 2023.
HadesNL and BlueTraveller91 like this.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 5:41 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Congratulations everyone !
That's the best way to start the new year 2023 and through 2024
Old Jan 1, 2023, 6:45 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
For first time Amb who signed up with the 20k points promo: Terms are "Join now through 31 December 2022 then stay two nights with InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants, or Regent® Hotels & Resorts by 31 January 2023 and receive 20,000 bonus points.*"

Is the Ambassador complimentary weekend night rate considered staying two nights for this promo?

Edit: found it in the terms: "The “Ambassador Complimentary Weekend Night” rate is a Qualifying Rate, and the complimentary night may be counted towards the two nights needed to qualify for the additional 20,000 bonus points."
rt23456p likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 7:28 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
For first time Amb who signed up with the 20k points promo: Terms are "Join now through 31 December 2022 then stay two nights with InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants, or Regent® Hotels & Resorts by 31 January 2023 and receive 20,000 bonus points.*"

Is the Ambassador complimentary weekend night rate considered staying two nights for this promo?

Edit: found it in the terms: "The “Ambassador Complimentary Weekend Night” rate is a Qualifying Rate, and the complimentary night may be counted towards the two nights needed to qualify for the additional 20,000 bonus points."
Yes, BOGO cert is eligible to trigger the 20k.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 7:31 pm

Guys,

Many instant diamond + ambassador being downgraded to platinum.

You guys should check your account.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 7:36 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by jiunsoh
Guys,

Many instant diamond + ambassador being downgraded to platinum.

You guys should check your account.
Source?
Old Jan 1, 2023, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by js1993
Source?

Facebook group IHG insider
And china FT forum (flyert)
rt23456p likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 8:08 pm

Also in a Taiwanese Facebook group, 2 members activated AmB on 31dec, but didn't get status extension.

These still could be random small number of unlucky people, we still need to see more DP to confirm whether AMB trick is dead.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 8:20 pm

Also in a Taiwanese Facebook group, 2 members activated AmB on 31dec, but didn't get status extension.

These still could be random small number of unlucky people, we still need to see more DP to confirm whether AMB trick is dead.
The straight to diamond promotion excluded members in China and Taiwan. There has been reports of members registered in those countries being downgraded to their original tier. Maybe that’s why?
Old Jan 1, 2023, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
The straight to diamond promotion excluded members in China and Taiwan. There has been reports of members registered in those countries being downgraded to their original tier. Maybe that’s why?
yes, this is one of the possible explanation now until we see datapoint from other regions.

IHG only mass downgraded china once last year.
So this may be second wave.

Will see.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 2:22 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Interesting,

IHG seems to be aware ...
Could be flags were raised in IT at the changing of the years....
Old Jan 2, 2023, 6:15 am

yes, this is one of the possible explanation now until we see datapoint from other regions.
US-based member here; Diamond status still showing.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 6:40 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by HadesNL
Interesting,

IHG seems to be aware ...
Could be flags were raised in IT at the changing of the years....
I haven’t seen a data point outside of China of a clamp down. All seems well in Europe, US and UK.
beltway likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.