Get instantly upgraded to IHG Diamond status

Old Dec 19, 22, 11:19 pm
  #361  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: USA
Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Posts: 2,641
Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
In general can't Diamond be perpetually extended with amb? I thought there are people who've had it for 4-5 years this way and never hitting the nights.
Everything in this game works until it doesn't. For a year or two before Straight to Diamond, the extension trick wasn't working for first-time Amb sign-ups, only Amb renewals. It could go away for some or all at any time.
js1993 is offline  
Old Dec 20, 22, 10:44 am
  #362  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: London
Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Posts: 417
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
Is there a way to check the progress on how many nights I've done since straight to diamond?
Anyone? I cant for the life of me find anywhere on the website the 'progress' of the promo. SUPER annoying. Have no clue actually when i signed up and what i'm at.
itisme is offline  
Old Dec 20, 22, 12:19 pm
  #363  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: USA
Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Posts: 2,641
Originally Posted by itisme
Anyone? I cant for the life of me find anywhere on the website the 'progress' of the promo. SUPER annoying. Have no clue actually when i signed up and what i'm at.
There's no tracker. Check your email for your sign-up date. Otherwise, email IHG.
js1993 is offline  
Old Dec 20, 22, 11:46 pm
  #364  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
Posts: 270
Originally Posted by itisme
Anyone? I cant for the life of me find anywhere on the website the 'progress' of the promo. SUPER annoying. Have no clue actually when i signed up and what i'm at.
Check again Offers section after change Country/Region to USA (top-right on browser) there's all the offers tracker you registered.
GUWonder likes this.
shahr04360 is offline  
Old Dec 20, 22, 11:57 pm
  #365  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: USA
Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Posts: 2,641
Originally Posted by shahr04360
Check again Offers section after change Country/Region to USA (top-right on browser) – there's all the offers tracker you registered.
That's usually the case, but for this offer, many/most people don't have a tracker despite getting email confirmation of enrollment.
js1993 is offline  
Old Dec 21, 22, 2:31 am
  #366  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 3,951
Originally Posted by js1993
Nobody knows. The Diamond extension is an unpublished benefit or glitch and it could disappear at any time. There are also occasional people who claim it didn't work for them.

If I were you, I wouldn't buy Ambassador until after staying the 10 nights and after your status has updated to 12/31/23. If your promo Diamond expires on, e.g., March 19, 2023, I doubt the extension trick will work, but that's just a guess.
Im surprised it hadnt disappeared already. My guess, it may do so at the year end, and I certainly wouldnt wait.
pazza2000 is offline  
Old Dec 21, 22, 3:44 pm
  #367  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 307
Question: If the hotel upgrades you (or will be upgrading you), will that upgrade show on your reservation on the IHG website in advance of check-in?
PumpkinSmasher is offline  
Old Dec 21, 22, 3:54 pm
  #368  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Virginia USA
Posts: 1,049
Originally Posted by PumpkinSmasher
Question: If the hotel upgrades you (or will be upgrading you), will that upgrade show on your reservation on the IHG website in advance of check-in?
I think it did once, but did not the other two times.
PumpkinSmasher likes this.
flyerfirsts is offline  
Old Dec 21, 22, 4:01 pm
  #369  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: USA
Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Posts: 2,641
Originally Posted by PumpkinSmasher
Question: If the hotel upgrades you (or will be upgrading you), will that upgrade show on your reservation on the IHG website in advance of check-in?
Sometimes, but not always, and I've also been "upgraded" in advance only to be downgraded at check-in because the room wasn't available for some reason, which isn't the greatest way to start a stay.
PumpkinSmasher likes this.
js1993 is offline  
Old Dec 21, 22, 4:10 pm
  #370  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 307
Originally Posted by js1993
Sometimes, but not always, and I've also been "upgraded" in advance only to be downgraded at check-in because the room wasn't available for some reason, which isn't the greatest way to start a stay.
Thanks for this.

It looked like I was upgraded in advance. I also emailed the GM after who I know and he told me he was upgrading me too. So I wasn't sure if that would end up being an upgrade on top or not. Nothing changed on the site. I guess it will be a surprise!
PumpkinSmasher is offline  
Old Dec 21, 22, 4:14 pm
  #371  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: USA
Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Posts: 2,641
Originally Posted by PumpkinSmasher
Thanks for this.

It looked like I was upgraded in advance. I also emailed the GM after who I know and he told me he was upgrading me too. So I wasn't sure if that would end up being an upgrade on top or not. Nothing changed on the site. I guess it will be a surprise!
Did you check the app? I assume both web and app would show the same info., but I rarely use the site to manage reservations. I've always seen these room assignments in the app.
js1993 is offline  
Old Dec 21, 22, 4:24 pm
  #372  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 307
Originally Posted by js1993
Did you check the app? I assume both web and app would show the same info., but I rarely use the site to manage reservations. I've always seen these room assignments in the app.
I did, yes. It shows the same room type on the site as the app and as before I reached out to the GM. It's not showing a suite although I wasn't promised a suite hence my curiosity!
PumpkinSmasher is offline  
Old Dec 21, 22, 9:49 pm
  #373  
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Programs: UA, AA, ANA
Posts: 5
moolman , did your Diamond promo status get extended immediately after your 10th stay? or how long after the actual stay did it happen? Its getting close to end of year and I still need to hit 10 nights for my company straight to diamond promo.
pUAaustin is offline  
Old Dec 21, 22, 9:54 pm
  #374  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 853
Originally Posted by pUAaustin
moolman , did your Diamond promo status get extended immediately after your 10th stay? or how long after the actual stay did it happen? Its getting close to end of year and I still need to hit 10 nights for my company straight to diamond promo.
FWIW I received notice by email 3 days after hitting 10th night.
pUAaustin likes this.
Ghoulish is offline  
Old Dec 21, 22, 10:04 pm
  #375  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 577
Originally Posted by pUAaustin
moolman , did your Diamond promo status get extended immediately after your 10th stay? or how long after the actual stay did it happen? Its getting close to end of year and I still need to hit 10 nights for my company straight to diamond promo.
I got an email too. Once the 10th night hit the account, I got an email that said Welcome to Diamond and then when I checked online, it changed the expiration date to 2023 from 2022.

I'm hoping the IHG system isn't stupid where it doesn't calculate things incorrectly. I'm trying to reach 40 nights so I can claim the lounge access but I'll be hitting it on Dec 30th and I noticed that the milestones don't get updated for a few days, so hopefully, it doesn't reset me on 1/1 since it takes time to post that 12/30 stay.
moolman is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.