Get instantly upgraded to IHG Diamond status

Old Nov 1, 22, 3:05 pm

Programs: MVPGold 75K
It should. I bought ambassador and status immediately extended to diamond until 2023 dec

Originally Posted by Enskie View Post
I used this offer to get Diamond status with IHG until 12/2022. I would like to have the status until the end of 2023 - I never bought the Ambassador membership. If I buy the Ambassador membership now, should my diamond status be extended through 12/2023? Thanks.
Old Nov 1, 22, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by felicidad76 View Post
It should. I bought ambassador and status immediately extended to diamond until 2023 dec
What date did you buy Ambassador status, and what date does your Ambassador status expire? Does it expire the same time as your diamond status? I saw in another thread that Ambassador status lasts for 12 months following the end of the month that you bought it, but I'm not sure if that is still true in 2022 given that the other thread was a bit dated.
Old Nov 1, 22, 4:05 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Location: AMSTERDAM = one of those attic homes with steepstaircases of death
Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
LL latest news on the instant diamond-elite promo + AMB trick

https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/10/31/...o-experiences/
Old Nov 1, 22, 7:45 pm

Perhaps this is common knowledge. Just logged into IHG and saw this banner in the member overview section:

Beginning January 1, your Ambassador benefits will no longer be applicable at Regent, and the Complimentary Weekend Night will not be available for use at Regent or Kimpton hotels.
FindAWay and ProjectSunburst like this.
Old Nov 2, 22, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by meinnit View Post
Did you also sign up for the status challenge? Just wondering if the 5 nights to Platinum overrides Straight to Diamond offer
I don't recall that one. I checked my account and don't see it as a registered offer, although if it was an offer that you enter your member #, I probably did register.
I usually do that before the few stays I have each year.
meinnit likes this.
Old Nov 2, 22, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by Six Travelers View Post
Perhaps this is common knowledge. Just logged into IHG and saw this banner in the member overview section:

Beginning January 1, your Ambassador benefits will no longer be applicable at Regent, and the Complimentary Weekend Night will not be available for use at Regent or Kimpton hotels.
That banner definitely wasn't there a couple of days ago. Although I do think I remember reading it in the Ambassador T&C last month when I signed up. Weekend cert is useless here in Japan. I couldn't find any of the better hotels here allowing it.
Six Travelers likes this.
Old Nov 2, 22, 1:09 pm

So we have, as a new enrolment, until the 31st Jan to stay 2 nights at an IC, Kimpton or Regent for the bonus 20k, however from the 1st Jan, the wk’end free night is only valid at IC’s?
Six Travelers likes this.
Old Nov 2, 22, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by pazza2000 View Post
So we have, as a new enrolment, until the 31st Jan to stay 2 nights at an IC, Kimpton or Regent for the bonus 20k, however from the 1st Jan, the wkend free night is only valid at ICs?
Correct and is a reversion to the original AMB scheme

Usage of the BOGOF at Kimpton and Regent was a pandemic measure and many of us never expected tt to be extended after this year.
pazza2000 and ProjectSunburst like this.
Old Nov 2, 22, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by pazza2000 View Post
So we have, as a new enrolment, until the 31st Jan to stay 2 nights at an IC, Kimpton or Regent for the bonus 20k, however from the 1st Jan, the wkend free night is only valid at ICs?
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear View Post
Correct and is a reversion to the original AMB scheme

Usage of the BOGOF at Kimpton and Regent was a pandemic measure and many of us never expected tt to be extended after this year.
Do y'all know what exact date our InterContinental Ambassador membership would expire if we signed up as a new member today? Would it be 12/31/23?
Old Nov 2, 22, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by donasaur View Post
Do y'all know what exact date our InterContinental Ambassador membership would expire if we signed up as a new member today?
11. Programme membership term: InterContinental Ambassador membership is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase.
Ambassador term length is unrelated to the calendar-year cycle on which IHG 1R status is based.
Old Nov 2, 22, 5:00 pm

Yup, I saw that.

However, in the WIkipost of this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...formation.html
it states that "Ambassador costs $200 (rised from $150 in 2010) or 40,000 IHG One Rewards per year, and expires 12 months from the end of the month of your purchase". I'm not sure what is actually the case for new member signups in 2022. If I signed up today (11/2/22), would my Ambassador membership last until (a) 11/2/23, (b) 11/30/23, or (c) 12/31/23?
Old Nov 2, 22, 6:25 pm

Yup, I saw that.

However, in the WIkipost of this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...formation.html
it states that "Ambassador costs $200 (rised from $150 in 2010) or 40,000 IHG One Rewards per year, and expires 12 months from the end of the month of your purchase". I'm not sure what is actually the case for new member signups in 2022. If I signed up today (11/2/22), would my Ambassador membership last until (a) 11/2/23, (b) 11/30/23, or (c) 12/31/23?
Purchased Ambassador in late October and my Ambassador Complimentary Weekend Night says it's good until 12/01/23. I suppose it's possible I could still have a valid Ambassador Night and not still have an Ambassador membership, but I suspect that is the date my Ambassador membership ends.
Old Nov 2, 22, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by time_stamp View Post
Purchased Ambassador in late October and my Ambassador Complimentary Weekend Night says it's good until 12/01/23. I suppose it's possible I could still have a valid Ambassador Night and not still have an Ambassador membership, but I suspect that is the date my Ambassador membership ends.
I see. Is there another location that reports when your Ambassador membership expires other than using the Ambassador certificate expiration date as a guide?
Old Nov 2, 22, 7:41 pm

I see. Is there another location that reports when your Ambassador membership expires other than using the Ambassador certificate expiration date as a guide?
Not that I see. Nothing in the email I got after I signed up either.
Old Nov 2, 22, 7:42 pm

Additional Data Point:
Chase Select IHG card gave back 4000 points for enrolling in Ambassador using points.
So far, that's 24k points returned after the "Join Ambassador & stay 2 nights by Jan 31st" promo.
Six Travelers and donasaur like this.

Search this Thread