Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 25, 2023, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lowkeyflyer
The purpose of this thread was to discuss a corporate offer that was leaked to the public by blogs.
The offer was to instantly upgrade your account to Diamond Elite regardless of current status and stays.

This offer is now dead and the thread has deviated from its original topic.
Suggest mods to lock
Print Wikipost

Get instantly upgraded to IHG Diamond status

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2022, 1:50 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Caution Diamond upgrade chain priority at IC / Kimpton hotels

Also most people (especially the newly minted Diamond+Ambassadors) need to manage their expectations
and fine tune their thoughtprocess...
that:

Concerning status, those that are per invitation only by IHG corporate, granted:
- Royal Ambassador, still trumps highest in upgrade chain at IC hotels
- Inner Circle, still triumphs highest in upgrade chain at Kimpton hotels

Diamond is though the highest in rank at the other IHG-brands for upgrades.

No blogger, be it the US titans or the niche regionals, have mentioned this at all!

Last edited by HadesNL; Nov 3, 2022 at 2:03 pm Reason: Best to be informed to avoid dissapointment
Old Nov 3, 2022, 6:23 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by nevs_92
Does this exp-date also include the weekend voucher?
weekend cert 30-nov-2023
Old Nov 3, 2022, 8:21 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by ProjectSunburst
This is why we cant have nice things.

IHG top tier Diamond status will fearfully become diluted like Hilton's or IHG will close the loophole.

Owners dont like giving away free things. They will go Independent and/or cry to IHG if they feel the influx of Diamonds crush their PNL (or they already have crappy business practices and will blame crappy profitability on increased Diamond memberships)
I don't think you really understand what the large influx of customers really mean to a PNL let alone giving them all status. The industry is hospitality and it's competitive. If someone has the choice to stay at a property as the highest status of membership over a property over little to moderate level of membership they will choose to stay with the highest property of membership. I see this as being very successful in terms of profit for these hotel brands at IHG. Sure, they offer a measly breakfast (sometimes actual quality) but then they actually have that room that would usually go unsold actually booked. Status means something to consumers and in this case that is primarily why IHG has not reversed their choice to bring in all of these new consumers to the brand.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 12:42 am

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Lightbulb Expectation managed about : Late checkout

Not being the bearer of bad news, but giving our welcomed new Diamond-AMB friends an essential tip:

For those in need of using the late checkout as:

- Diamond AMB or as Diamond or as AMB
ALWAYS email the hotel's reservations in advance,
after you've made your booking,
so they are aware of your needs concerning late checkout,
so they can allocate you the right room that you can keep till late checkout,
so they can keep track of room inventory management and code the keys properly for late checkout!
(nobody like to be locked out their rooms when the keyencoding expires)

From personal experience:
- I do this all the time and late checkout is then always no problem/hassle
- see elite members at checkin asking for late checkout, which hotels can give but guests might have to switch rooms
(Can happen if a RA or InnerCircle wants their preferred room for early checkin)
- see elite members after noon time clustering at reception demanding keys recoded for access being locked out of their rooms but having never informed the hotel (in advance / at checking/ anytime during the stay) that they were using the benefit of late checkout

Emailing the hotel in advance about your needs saves so much anguish for both parties involved and makes a stay at an IHG-hotel very pleasent.

And this also applies for our RA + InnerCircle per invitation only friends.....
Although the hotel will usually jump into hoops to accomodate their best guests,
Emailing them in advance results in never a dissapointment.

And as always: happy face + positive thinking
kevino, sobore, dineaux and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 2:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by HadesNL
If even (on OMAAT) Hardcore Hilton commentator "DCS" is impressed and able to see the beauty of the Diamond promo + AMB trick.....

the comments at
https://onemileatatime.com/insights/...al-ambassador/

are of more of those that have seen the light

We are living in curious times !
If only he could learn to be clear and concise, I have the mental image of someone jumping up and down screaming as he smacks every letter on the 3rd replacement keyboard of the day defending Hilton.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 12:04 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by HadesNL
Not being the bearer of bad news, but giving our welcomed new Diamond-AMB friends an essential tip:

For those in need of using the late checkout as:

- Diamond AMB or as Diamond or as AMB
ALWAYS email the hotel's reservations in advance,
after you've made your booking,
so they are aware of your needs concerning late checkout,
so they can allocate you the right room that you can keep till late checkout,
so they can keep track of room inventory management and code the keys properly for late checkout!
(nobody like to be locked out their rooms when the keyencoding expires)

From personal experience:
- I do this all the time and late checkout is then always no problem/hassle
- see elite members at checkin asking for late checkout, which hotels can give but guests might have to switch rooms
(Can happen if a RA or InnerCircle wants their preferred room for early checkin)
- see elite members after noon time clustering at reception demanding keys recoded for access being locked out of their rooms but having never informed the hotel (in advance / at checking/ anytime during the stay) that they were using the benefit of late checkout

Emailing the hotel in advance about your needs saves so much anguish for both parties involved and makes a stay at an IHG-hotel very pleasent.

And this also applies for our RA + InnerCircle per invitation only friends.....
Although the hotel will usually jump into hoops to accomodate their best guests,
Emailing them in advance results in never a dissapointment.

And as always: happy face + positive thinking
Do you have a template you use to send to the properties and request for late check out?

Thanks
Old Nov 4, 2022, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
You don’t need a template. It’s not complicated.

You just type a sentence or two giving them the booking reference, dates, your IHG number and say you’ll like late checkout.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 1:40 am

IC Yokohama Pier 8

Just checked out from a 3 day stay on ambassador + diamond. Compared to our first visit exactly 2 years ago (no ambassador and platinum), the status didn't seem to make any difference other than the 2,000 Yen credit. The food wasn't as good and more expensive this time as well as being more limited. The last visit brought us such good memories that we wanted to experience it again. They were also a newly opened property back then and probably trying to make the best impression. They are just sticklers on any perks and are not fully aware of the benefits. They came to my room at 2am for a fire check because I smogged out the place with their 70c shower to humidify the room before sleeping.
A submarine was docked just 20 meters from our hotel window in clear view, and I'm guessing the hotel was on high alert notice for suspicious activities. That sub left last night and a destroyer docked up today with either ICBMs or tactical warheads. I can't tell the difference. Those were some sights to see.
November is a gorgeous time to stay a weekend in Yokohama in whatever hotel you choose. The Hyatt is also a comparable choice.
ithinkurdumb likes this.

Last edited by scwam; Nov 6, 2022 at 1:46 am
Old Nov 6, 2022, 2:13 pm

Programs: You name it 😉
I may just be thick headed. I already hold diamond status. Any thoughts on if this status extension would work even if I didn’t obtain diamond status through the promo on this thread? I am going to be about 10 days short of qualifying for Diamond next year. No way to get the points to qualify either. I do have 5 nights stay coming up at the Kimpton Gray hotel. So at least I would get the 20K points.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 7:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Gold, no airline status
Yes, dineux. I the extension for me worked without having used the status promo. I just did it.
dineaux likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by JeaJea
Yes, dineux. I the extension for me worked without having used the status promo. I just did it.
Thanks. Worked perfectly. Hopefully with travel close to normal at work, I’ll get lots of use out of it. Too many issues with Hilton the past year. Including having to be moved to four different rooms in one night for different reasons; food sofa, a/c in bedroom not wrong, Andy, Wi-Fi not working. Worn out by all of that.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by JeaJea
Originally Posted by dineaux
Thanks. Worked perfectly. Hopefully with travel close to normal at work, I’ll get lots of use out of it. Too many issues with Hilton the past year. Including having to be moved to four different rooms in one night for different reasons; food sofa, a/c in bedroom not wrong, Andy, Wi-Fi not working. Worn out by all of that.
Congrats! Just curious, when is your Ambassador expiration date?

It looks like you can see your Ambassador expiry date by clicking on the Milestone Rewards Progress link. It is on the right side of the overview screen.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by donasaur
Congrats! Just curious, when is your Ambassador expiration date?

It looks like you can see your Ambassador expiry date by clicking on the Milestone Rewards Progress link. It is on the right side of the overview screen.
Diamond: 12/31/2023
Ambassador: 01/01/2024
CanuckinKL and donasaur like this.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 7:59 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by scwam
Just checked out from a 3 day stay on ambassador + diamond. Compared to our first visit exactly 2 years ago (no ambassador and platinum), the status didn't seem to make any difference other than the 2,000 Yen credit. .
Shouldn't you have gotten free bf this time?
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 1:26 pm

IHG's Japanese hotels (all brands) are notoriously famous among
IHG-regulars for being extremely strict by the book and following the rules.......

YMMV

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.