FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Get instantly upgraded to IHG Diamond status
Old Nov 30, 2022, 3:56 pm
lowkeyflyer

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by js1993
Enroll in Straight to Diamond ASAP and then pay for Ambassador before Dec. 31 so you're guaranteed to be able to renew Ambassador in late 2023, which might, if the trick still works, extend Diamond through 2024.

Right now, Ambassador can be renewed up to 90 days before expiration, but if you buy Amb in Q1 2023 and the 90-day rule changes, your Diamond would expire before you could renew.
Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for.

So basically it's advantageous to have your Amb renewal come around in Q1/Q2 of any year so that you can extend Diamond through it? Terms on my corporate offer are that I immediately get upgraded to Diamond Elite for 90 days and have to stay 10 nights during that period to maintain for 2023. However, with the Amb trick there is no need to ever do this 10 night stay thing right?

Also does anything change if I've never been Amb before? If anything is that a positive because I'm "guaranteed" that it will work?