Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 25, 2023, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lowkeyflyer
The purpose of this thread was to discuss a corporate offer that was leaked to the public by blogs.
The offer was to instantly upgrade your account to Diamond Elite regardless of current status and stays.

This offer is now dead and the thread has deviated from its original topic.
Suggest mods to lock
Print Wikipost

Get instantly upgraded to IHG Diamond status

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2022, 4:22 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by scwam
Speaking of breakfast, this is Beppu this morning.I don't demand much. Usually, they give you two of these at properties, and you can't finish it because is so rich. This was the first time I actually wanted a second one. Probably the best eggs benedict I've had anywhere. Not salty and loaded with sauce overkill like other places. The mimosas were pricey
- about 4,800 Yen for two of them.

Beppu A la carte item
indeed but we were there Monday and Tuesday and the buffet included a full English plus oriental breakfast plus plus salmon etc basically the Mains menu was an eggs to order
demue likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 6:10 am

Thanks for all the tips and infos! Trying to register for the Ambassador programme but the JOIN NOW button seems to be broken. I have tried from several devices but nothing. Anyone having similar issues?
Old Oct 20, 2022, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by YorkieFlyer
indeed but we were there Monday and Tuesday and the buffet included a full English plus oriental breakfast plus plus salmon etc basically the Mains menu was an eggs to order
I think maybe we saw you here. We checked in around that time. Their buffet here doesn't really impress me, honestly. It's a bit limited. The night buffet is basically revamped morning buffet with some workarounds.

Last edited by scwam; Oct 20, 2022 at 10:52 am
Old Oct 20, 2022, 12:44 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by Mister P.
Thanks for all the tips and infos! Trying to register for the Ambassador programme but the JOIN NOW button seems to be broken. I have tried from several devices but nothing. Anyone having similar issues?
A friend did it today through US toll free phone line(free through Skype), because he did not received email with 20k bonus points offer. Offer eligibility was confirmed and credit card processed through phone. Ambassador status and Diamond Elite extension until 12/23 were shown in the app after purchase verification by agent.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Mister P.

Just did through the website with no issues. Crossing my fingers that this will trigger the $75 United Club card IHG credit.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 6:58 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Just checked our corporate travel site, and our company specific sign-up link is still working.
kevino likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 5:16 am

Can't find any reference for the stay 10 or more nights to keep Diamond till 12/23. Is this going to work?
Old Oct 21, 2022, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by HadesNL
1) so gain 20.000 points instantly signup/renew AMB
(+extend diamond till 2023 - locking in recent sign up Diamond status)
2) get 20.000 points upon staying 2 nights

it actually costs $200 or 40.000 pts. To renew/get AMB = pays back investment with promo 20K offer
It sounds as if you're saying one can earn 40K points total, but that is not how I read the offer. What am I misunderstanding?
Old Oct 21, 2022, 12:07 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by beltway
It sounds as if you're saying one can earn 40K points total, but that is not how I read the offer. What am I misunderstanding?
EDIT: As pointed out below this is for renewals only

If you pay $200, you get 20K points instantly + 20K with a 2 night stay by 31/01/23
If you pay 40K points, you get 20K back with a 2 night stay by 31/01/23

You only earn 40K if you pay cash to renew ( I went with the second option)

Last edited by Admiral Ackbar; Oct 21, 2022 at 4:46 pm
Old Oct 21, 2022, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
If you pay $200, you get 20K points instantly + 20K with a 2 night stay by 31/01/23

I beleive this applies only for renewals and not for new ambassador members, I recently joined ambassador (paying cash) and have only one option to earn 20K points after 2 night stay by 31/01/23.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
EDIT: As pointed out below this is for renewals only

Originally Posted by waiting485
I beleive this applies only for renewals and not for new ambassador members, I recently joined ambassador (paying cash) and have only one option to earn 20K points after 2 night stay by 31/01/23.
I haven't renewed since the start of the pandemic. I don't know if IHG extended the status or not. If I renew now, will I get the bonus points for staying by January 31, 2023?
Old Oct 21, 2022, 9:14 pm

Prior to getting on board the instant diamond offer, I had registered for the "stay 5 nights, get Platinum until December 2023" offer. Does anyone know if I stay for five nights, whether I get automatically downgraded from Diamond to Platinum? If not, will the Platinum automatically kick in after the Diamond expires?
meinnit likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by pangwen
Prior to getting on board the instant diamond offer, I had registered for the "stay 5 nights, get Platinum until December 2023" offer. Does anyone know if I stay for five nights, whether I get automatically downgraded from Diamond to Platinum? If not, will the Platinum automatically kick in after the Diamond expires?

I believe if you registered for both, it will expire when the initial window to do the nights for platinum expires.

What does your offer page say?
​​​
Old Oct 21, 2022, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by tellitslant
I believe if you registered for both, it will expire when the initial window to do the nights for platinum expires.

What does your offer page say?
​​​

I can't seem to get the terms and conditions for my offer specifically, but I believe it was similar to the current one, in that:

Gold Elite status and Platinum Elite status awarded under this Promotion will be reflected in the member’s IHG One Rewards account following completion of the number of qualifying nights required to achieve such status, as described in these terms and conditions. Once a member receives a Gold Elite or Platinum Elite status upgrade with this Promotion, the member may keep such status for the remainder of 2022 and through the full 2023 calendar year. Any status upgrade above the Platinum Elite level for 2022 or 2023, and any Elite status at any level for the 2024 calendar year and beyond, must be earned by the member in accordance with the IHG One Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions or, if applicable, pursuant to a special promotion offering the member an opportunity to attain such status for the time period prescribed.
So based on the first sentence of this:
- I am currently Diamond
- Once I complete the qualifying nights condition (five nights), the Platinum Elite status will be reflected in my IHG Rewards account. This means that I would be downgraded from Diamond as soon as this happens.
- I am able to then keep Platinum for the remainder of 2022 and through the full 2023 calendar year.

However, I'm not sure how the last sentence about status upgrade above Platinum will work in this instance. I would have fulfilled the second part of the sentence ("pursuant to a special promotion...") previously, but if the account was updated to reflect Platinum on completion of the 5 nights offer, I'm not sure if there's another automatic process to take me back to Diamond.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 11:56 pm

Might be a bit off topic, but I'm thinking about joining Ambassador (let it expired a couple months ago) because I have 3 stays at IC coming up.
  • Does the USD 200 fee earn bonus points on Chase IHG card?
  • Any recent DP on joining Ambassador at a hotel? I remember getting some bonus points when joining when checking-in

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.