Link to hotel:
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...cp/hoteldetail

Link to location:
Google Maps

Next tube / subway station:
Placa dEspanya

Older post of this hotel:
Pre-Opening Thread

This is the former Crowne Plaza, which has had its own master thread, (now closed)

Royal Ambassador Experiences
October 2021 by Mister D
October 2021 by Nicolas75
January 2022 by Nicolas 75
April 22 by VaBeachGirl
June 22 by boekel
June 22 by GordonMacPherson
July 22 by Nicolas 75
August 22 by Nicolas 75
August 22 by boekel
November 22 by stimpy

Ambassador Experiences
Print Wikipost

InterContinental Barcelona Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2023, 1:52 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Originally Posted by Atacama40
OK Hades,
I'm more convinced than ever that you have a CIA black ops background ....
. I literally emailed the hotel about a stop minutes before reading your post!
I am running a virus and spyware checking on my old laptop as well speak

Quality review Hades.
You have a very definite skill with such things and the things we need to know.

Eliza and Bruno are first class. Eliza is ex IC Kiev and a star player.
They genuinely got the extra mile. The other lady I'm not familiar with..
Thank you for your kind words, always happy and encouraging that my analysis can help out others.
I too wish for everyone to have a great stay and besides that .....
you need some good news to cope with present personal circumstances.
It's nice that you have now something to look forward too.

And no CIA ops background here,
call it a dash of Mossad with the best intentions of the Tzadikim Nistarim
and being inspired by the kind & understanding smile of Mrs. Slocombe...
besides Software Pegasus, surprising a psychic can be almost a futile attempt and most fatiguing
glad my review found you in the nick of time

have you already set your plans to visit IC BCN and Barcelona?
You will be in good hands with Eliza, i forwarded her my stay requests and all was executed to perfection.
If you need dinner plans or recommendations, Paiz has the latest scoops.
I didn't get the chance to meet Bruno,
But if he gets the Atacama40 seal of approval than it must be a quality person and employee.

Enjoy your upcoming stay and hopefully better and good times ahead!
Let us know how it went

Last edited by HadesNL; Jun 18, 2023 at 4:02 pm
Old Jun 21, 2023, 1:06 pm

Programs: QF Plat, IHG RA, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by HadesNL
I didn't get the chance to meet Bruno,
But if he gets the Atacama40 seal of approval than it must be a quality person and employee.
A huge second vote here for Bruno. In my view he is up there with Gilles PLG (and Gilles less well known colleague, the amazing Ernesto) in terms of exceptional welcome, service, everything. I always love staying at IC BCN but am extra happy when I enter the lounge and Bruno is at the desk.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by DonPedro
A huge second vote here for Bruno. In my view he is up there with Gilles PLG (and Gilles less well known colleague, the amazing Ernesto) in terms of exceptional welcome, service, everything. I always love staying at IC BCN but am extra happy when I enter the lounge and Bruno is at the desk.
Another shout out for Bruno too. Next time, my wife was like, bring more cash to tip him better...lol
HadesNL likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 9:42 pm

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news folks but Bruno has moved on career wise I'm afraid. And you all right, he was first class.

In the plus column, Eliza is still there and now fully running all aspects of Club Lounge. And in fairness she is absolutely excellent. Responsive, genuinely helpful and as importantly for me .... interesting and good fun.

If only all club lounge managers were of this standing. Gold standard.
Old Jun 22, 2023, 2:53 pm

Programs: IHG
On my quick stay last year Bruno was indeed excellent. The Club Lounge offering was fine, although afternoon tea moved swiftly onto evening canapes, which were just that, nothing too substantial, but nice area to relax. Even last year certain Intercontinental guests treated the lounge like a grab and go area, including bottles of fizz. Shame a minority ruin it for others.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 9:46 am

Diamond ambassador. Paid 400eur/night for a standard room. Received email one day before that i had been upgraded to a club room with club access. At check-in was told that there is no club access and "the message and IHG app was wrong" and was told by staff that my "upgrade" is that im staying at the fifth floor and my room view from the window was to the wall of the next building. They lost our luggage with valuables for an hour and then they found it. Spa was nice but the swimming pool had tiles coming off and every time you swim there you can feel the tiles coming off from the bottom. Rather mediocre service (sometimes even unacceptable) though out the hotel excluding the spa where the lady was superb.

I will definitely weigh my options next time im in Barcelona and definitely will not be staying with these inflated prices.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by joorinainen
Diamond ambassador. Paid 400eur/night for a standard room.
Received email one day before that i had been upgraded to a club room with club access.
At check-in was told that there is no club access and "the message and IHG app was wrong"
Complimentary Upgrades to Club rooms, Club REGENT or Club InterContinental rooms / floors do not include Club Level amenities or services, e.g. Club Lounge access, free pressing, airport transportation, etc.
Source

To have club access at InterContinental hotels, you must either:
- book a club room,
- be Royal Ambassador,
- have an IHG One Rewards Milestone Rewards Annual Lounge Membership.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 2:51 pm

Standard Room

Club room

Photos directly from IHG website. Tell me where is my "guaranteed one category upgrade" per Ambassador benefits? I didn't even get a view upgrade because like i said my window was facing directly to a wall of next building.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 3:33 pm

How are you diamond Ambassador and not have the club access selected as a milestone. You probably did the ambassador trick to get Diamond and they moved you down the upgrade priority list. Lol . . It's a busy travel time, crappy upgrades happen especially if you booked a weekend.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 7:51 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by moolman
How are you diamond Ambassador and not have the club access selected as a milestone. You probably did the ambassador trick to get Diamond and they moved you down the upgrade priority list. Lol . . It's a busy travel time, crappy upgrades happen especially if you booked a weekend.
From what I have seen in the PMS itself, a property can't tell how one got Diamond (trick or not), not in Opera PMS and not in the new Amadeus PMS (. Having said that, these are exactly the types of upgrades I loathe. Club room without Club benefits where room is exactly the same, though maybe on a higher floor and with better coffee capsules . Or some higher floor look at a wall or back of house or direcly into another building. In these cases I'd rather get the 10k compensation points for no upgrade and be happy with that, especially on one night stays. YMMV.

Last edited by demue; Jun 23, 2023 at 8:11 pm
Old Jun 23, 2023, 10:51 pm

I am kidding about the them being able to tell how someone got Diamond but I'm sure many places will assume that someone that is diamond has the lounge milestone. I'm surprised they don't even have a color scheme update for the club rooms like they do at other ICs
​​​​​
​​​​​​This is why I was so disappointed to hear that Bruno is no longer there. I was leaving from BCN and on the second stay there, he made sure to put me back in the 1 bedroom suite that HadesNL took the pics of from the classic room. I also booked a second room for a friend and he extended the lounge access to him without asking, makes the lounge more enjoyable when the friend can come in...haha
demue likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by moolman
Yes probably my fault after all. Wrong kind of Diamond.. Wrong travel time etc
Old Jun 24, 2023, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Yes probably my fault after all. Wrong kind of Diamond.. Wrong travel time etc
And wrong complaint, since your status doesn't give you access to the club lounge 😜
Old Jun 24, 2023, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by nicolas75
And wrong complaint, since your status doesn't give you access to the club lounge 😜
You are missing the whole point. Read my posts again.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You are missing the whole point. Read my posts again.
I did.

I have stayed more than 10 times since the hotel was (brilliantly) renovated and have always had an excellent service at this hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.